gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
As stated this is a WIP, this stuff will be added in due time, also do you have a page where I can brush up on my DSiware stuff to make this guide complete

On the 6.x stuff without a browser they'll need a DS mode flash cart to install MSET

SNES doesn't have a virtual console port... Theres blargSNES though
the NES/GB(C) stuff works without sysNAND as it doesn't boot into a different firmware mode it just boots like any 3ds game or app, you can press home and it won't close the software on you, it'll simply suspend it... also there really isn't much reason not to use the GBA one, you only have to install the firmware and games on sysNAND and then they are playable on emuNAND

I do have blargsnes. I would like it if you added the VC stuff to this guide, it is a part of having a CFW after all. ;-)

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was not sure if you had that planned, no place holder.
I've been editing the OP for about an hour today already, I'm adding in sections for o3ds units without a browser and I'll be adding a VC placeholder at least and I may start on some instructions for it soon, n3ds should be on the list for either today or tomorrow and I've got my firmkey attachment almost ready to upload

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@dark_samus3, please note that you don't need to patch the GBA firm to play the converted games on RxTools, the patch is done on the fly on both emunand and sysnand (for now on O3DS only !, but should come to N3DS as well.)

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dark_samus3, please note that you don't need to patch the GBA firm to play the converted games on RxTools, the patch is done on the fly on both emunand and sysnand (for now on O3DS only !, but should come to N3DS as well.)
It also doesn't hurt to install it so there isn't any reason NOT to, in case you want to switch CFW later you don't have to wonder why your GBA games don't work anymore

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It also doesn't hurt to install it so there isn't any reason NOT to, in case you want to switch CFW later you don't have to wonder why your GBA games don't work anymore
didn't tested, but if you try to start a legit GBA game from sysnand non-sig-patched, it shouldn't work, since the FIRM can't be properly loaded, so if someone for a reason ends up updating his console, he won't be able to play GBA games bought from the eshop anymore.

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't tested, but if you try to start a legit GBA game from sysnand non-sig-patched, it shouldn't work, since the FIRM can't be properly loaded, so if someone for a reason ends up updating his console, he won't be able to play GBA games bought from the eshop anymore.
that is a pretty good point... I'll make a mention of it in the GBA firm section, thanks!

EDIT: OP updated, started on the n3ds guide and added a note about rxTools and GBA firm patching

Last edited by dark_samus3,

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on a firmware below 4.0 then you'll need to upgrade to at least 4.0 for this to work, this is pretty simple and anything from 4.0 to 9.2 will be OK to update to, you'll have to find a game cart that has an update on it just don't update past 9.2!

No, no, no!

Maximilious nailed it above. If you are on a firmware below 4.0, you must update to 4.x. Do not update to 5.x-9.2. If you update to 5.x-9.2, you will not have a browser because cart updates don't include the browser.

(I don't know if the existence of 6.x mset changed this, but even if it did, that just means you need to update to 4.x or 6.x. 7.x through 9.2 is right out. I really hope there's at least one person here who knows whether updating to 6.x with a cart is now okay.)

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, no, no!

Maximilious nailed it above. If you are on a firmware below 4.0, you must update to 4.x. Do not update to 5.x-9.2. If you update to 5.x-9.2, you will not have a browser because cart updates don't include the browser.

(I don't know if the existence of 6.x mset changed this, but even if it did, that just means you need to update to 4.x or 6.x. 7.x through 9.2 is right out. I really hope there's at least one person here who knows whether updating to 6.x with a cart is now okay.)

there is a reason that there's a browserless section for o3ds users ;)

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a reason that there's a browserless section for o3ds users ;)

That entire section won't work, because Ninjhax requires the browser. As far as I know the only browserless ways to get to CFW are 4.x mset, and maybe 6.x mset which I don't know anything about.

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That entire section won't work, because Ninjhax requires the browser. As far as I know the only browserless ways to get to CFW are 4.x mset, and maybe 6.x mset which I don't know anything about.
you're right, ninjhax DOES require a browser, however the gateway version of it uses a different exploit that doesn't require a browser

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're right, ninjhax DOES require a browser, however the gateway version of it uses a different exploit that doesn't require a browser

You're right, I read that in a hurry and stopped at the mention of Cubic Ninja so I didn't see you mention Gateway.

But as far as I know, Gateway only uses Cubic Ninja on the N3DS, so I still don't think it will work.

dark_samus3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right, I read that in a hurry and stopped at the mention of Cubic Ninja so I didn't see you mention Gateway.

But as far as I know, Gateway only uses Cubic Ninja on the N3DS, so I still don't think it will work.
hmmmm

*goes off to make sure it works*

EDIT: dang you're right, definitely should have tested that one before

EDIT 2: OP updated to reflect this change, thanks @Jiro2

Last edited by dark_samus3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted...