OP
Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
To-Do: Add Episode 2 music and ending music, test on other ports of GZDoom

Since I've been unable to find anything on the Internet like it (and since the Doom 3DO OST slaps on another level) I've taken the time to make a mod for GZDoom that removes the old MIDI soundtrack and replaces it with the soundtrack from the infamous 3DO port of Doom.
Since that port was made in such limited time, new Red Book audio was composed for the 3DO version rather than reusing the code from the other ports, resulting in a pretty awesome take on the Doom soundtrack. This mod replaces E1M1 thru E1M8, the intermission, and title music. As 3DO Doom doesn't actually have proper music for the latter two, I've nabbed the title music and one of the level songs from the 3DO port of Wolfenstein 3D, which also has a really, really bangin' soundtrack.
I will get around to doing Episode 2, but only 3 of the tracks for Episode 2 (E2M1, E2M2 and E2M9) are present within the 3DO version and they just re-use other songs from the soundtrack so I'd need to figure out what songs play where.
If you wanna get the raw music, you can find it on the 3DO Doom source code Github page or at VGMPF.com's 3DO Doom page. If there's any other Doom source ports that work with .ogg files, they should technically work but I can't guarantee compatibility as I only use GZDoom.
--------------------------------------------------------
Usage: Included are .wad and .pk3s of the mod. (The .wad is included as a just-in-case measure) You'll need to have a copy of Doom (DOOM.WAD, usually) to run this, as this mod doesn't include it for legal reasons (and the shareware release prevents the usage of mod loading.)
On PC, the simple way is to set up GZDoom as normal and then drag either file on top of gzdoom.exe, and then hopefully it should work. Alternatively, you can use ZDLDoom to launch it if you have other mods already.
As for other platforms, I'm not sure how those would work... I don't really have any experience with other versions but I'll experiment around and update the thread if I find out anything.
--------------------------
Link: Here
--------------------------
Let me know what you guys think and/or anything you'd like me to change, fix or update!

(Fun Fact: the .pk3, which only contains music, is actually roughly 3x larger than the WAD for Ultimate Doom! Really shows how tiny Doom itself is:P)

Last edited by Spectremint,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.