Homebrew [WIP] Frappuccino CFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Job @Dr.Hacknik you made it very clear that this isn't out and all the features shown are just planned. I also love how you have no proof that half of these are possible.

I just hate the boot splash on my wii u. It looks like you tried to make it look good and failed badly.

I'm sorry but please don't post release threads where 99% of the features aren't even added and you state in the first post that this isn't released yet even though you aded release to the title.
Fixed that for you. :yay3ds:
You clearly don't understand cfw. Rxtools is something old and outdated. Mocha is not outdated at all.
Frappaccino's goal is more closer to Corbenik being an advanced cfw for devs and powerusers. Luma3ds being noob friendly isn't like this at all.

Reactions: Hayleia

sabykos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Getting started, yes, amateur would be a no.
From my point of view this is exactly what you are, a naive amateur. I'll keep an eye on that github and will wait commits that really add something. Have you even read the entire code of mocha and understood it? And please show me dimok's permission to change the GPL licence. If he really allowed then probably because he doesnt care what you since he doesnt take you seriously.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
1) The only way to load modified games. For example, the UNDUB version of Xenoblade Chronicles X

undub version of xenoblade? does it include japanese audio?
you mentioned fat32 support with loadiine, would this allow us to play region free ?
and other than that, could it be used for other games too, like having wii/gc in the hdd.

because since i use the usb method, the hdd of mine that is attached to my wii u is strictly for wii u stuff atm.

can cfw change this?

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Zarklord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for making those points; I shall address them:

1. Custom fw.img support as in allowing users to modify them, not to distrubute them. A fw.img will NOT be provided. im not sure if you understood but there is ZERO purpose to mucking with a fw.img anymore(in terms of creating modified ones)
2. I'm aware that mocha is capable of doing so (Disabling sig checks) then why include it in your planned features?
3. I'm making it easier for users to get setup, step by step. mocha is one step(i don't think its possible for it to be any easier?)
4. Somehow I'm going to make a automatic update feature, but I meant for the application rather than the actualy FW. oh, ok i guess that could be a useful feature
5. Not sure if you're questioning the ability that mocha is capable of installing titles, but you need to use WUPInstaller; but Mocha disables Sig checks to allow installing custom software this is something that really SHOULDN'T be done from the fw side(it would be very messy mainly due to the fact that the fw is NOT a app, so you would be writing a wupinstaller gui mod thing?) and rather be done from a app(aka wupinstaller)
6. Like the HBL Channel; I'm going to compile a premade Loadiine Channel, unless someone makes one. again loadiine is relatively pointless(and also not a cfw thing but a app that would be installed)
7. Sorry, I should address it as eShop Only. okay also kind of usefull but so far you only have like 2 features that would actually fit a scope that mocha does(and not a app that would be installed to the system menu) why not just push the 2 changes to mocha?

Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: VinsCool

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loadiine is far from useless.

1) The only way to load modified games. For example, the UNDUB version of Xenoblade Chronicles X
2) Ability to use VC injected games without a donor game required.
3) Supports standard file systems such as FAT32, rather than being forced to use Nintendo's encrypted system.

The main thing Loadiine needs is USB support so we can use FAT32 USB hard drives.
Not necessarily true. Couldn't you repack, install, and play with sigpatches?

Zarklord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily true. Couldn't you repack, install, and play with sigpatches?
exactly...
Loadiine is far from useless.

1) The only way to load modified games. For example, the UNDUB version of Xenoblade Chronicles X wrong. with sig checks gone we can repack games and play them on the system menu(see video at bottom of post)
2) Ability to use VC injected games without a donor game required. again no. you need one vc game and you can inject a new rom change title id repack and bam different vc game
3) Supports standard file systems such as FAT32, rather than being forced to use Nintendo's encrypted system. also wrong. if we can use a fat32 hard drive for loadiine we could use it for system menu games so the only time it would be useable for loadinne games would be on the sd card

The main thing Loadiine needs is USB support so we can use FAT32 USB hard drives.
loadiine does have some uses but not as a title on the home menu...

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Again, look at how great Luma3DS turned out. It was a very basic fork from ReiNAND that removed a few features and added old3DS support, but was just ReiNAND overall.

That is true but it shows the fundamental difference in both cases. If rei would have been interested in O3DS support, I guess this would have just resulted in a pull request. But by rei's definition this was already against the clean and simple coding rules set for reiNAND. So a fork was a suitable solution, to add features which were declined by the original author.

Now, if you show me a post where dimok declines a pull request that actually adds new features or improves the code, then you can compare the situation...

Last edited by bailli,
Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

KotuMF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question before testing when it's out:

Frappuccino Features

• Custom fw.img support (IMG not provided, and custom as in modifications will be allowed)
  • Allows the injection for Virtual Console
  • Disables and patches signiture checks, to allow custom Applications (Already integrated into the application)
  • Will have the ability to modify the system menu, most likely custom images and color values (Requires emunand)
  • More system modifications
  • Easy setup (Step by step setup)
  • System Update blocking
  • Automatic updates for the CFW Application (Updates the Homebrew only, not you CFW.)
  • redNAND Support (Integrated into this CFW)
  • System Config Tool will be preinstalled
  • Allow on the fly cheat code injection
  • Allow on the fly mod injection as well as patch/dlc injection
  • Install any Application, Update, DLC, and/or Game (Using WUPInstaller, will be integrated)
  • Allow the ability to launch Loadiine directly from the system menu
  • Allow the ability to change the region of your system, if using EmuNAND; for example, change the region from USA to JPN in order to download software from Japan. NOTE: eShop only!
  • Region free Disk and Software support
  • And many more features.
I'm a bit confused. Are these features in the CFW now (or the first release build you mentioned releasing soon) or are they things that are going to be?

Last edited by KotuMF,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That is true but it shows the fundamental difference in both cases. If rei would have been interested in O3DS support, I guess this would have just resulted in a pull request. But by rei's definition this was already against the clean and simple coding rules set for reiNAND. So a fork was a suitable solution, to add features which were declined by the original author.

Now, if you show me a post where dimok declines a pull request that actually adds new features or improves the code, then you can compare the situation...
At same time, why not just take a project in a different direct? If someone has an idea and doesn't feel the overall project reflects that idea, why not fork it and run with it? Like I said, sit back and see where this is going. Maybe it will drift off into a completely different direction and the fork was worth it.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question before testing when it's out:

I'm a bit confused. Are these features in the CFW now (or the first release build you mentioned releasing soon) or are they things that are going to be?
None of the mentioned features are in their.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never include preinstalled Sysconfig Tool. You don,t want bricked Wii Us for those who use sysNAND.

Anyway, how does VC inject work? Can this CFW do this on its own? :O

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don,t want bricked Wii Us for those who use sysNAND.
False statement. System Config Tool can be safely installed to sysnand if you repack correctly and the icon will appear on the homemenu.

What will brick with sys config is messing with certain settings. Save managing, title installing are both fine however.

PM me for more details

Anyway, how does VC inject work? Can this CFW do this on its own? :O
None of the stuff stated have likely been worked considering this was a fork of something that came out 2 days ago.

Reactions: Ryccardo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also my Katamari is corrupted....