jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
When using the launchiine with the latest MochaPayload make sure to place the men.rpx in `sd:/wiiu/environments/[ENVIRONMENT]/men.rpx` (where [ENVIRONMENT] is for example tiramisu) instead of `sd:/wiiu/men.rpx`
This might sound silly, but does it have a failsafe where it checks for men.rpx in sd:/wiiu/? Y'know, since in Boot9Strap it checks the SD for boot.firm first, then checks the NAND for it. Maybe here Launchiine could prioritize sd:/wiiu/environments/[ENVIRONMENT]/men.rpx, then if men.rpx isn't there, check sd:/wiiu/men.rpx to see if it's at least there, and if both fail, go to an error screen with a "press any button" prompt that just loads the Wii U's own home menu?

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Newest build still does not sort titles alphabetically or in any recognizable way. First launch does not display all installed titles. Launching any title and then exiting back to launchiine solves this but will almost certainly crash when filling the tiles with game icons. Please add alphabetical sorting and the option to turn off icons (load time and crashes would be far less).

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is WIP but I have a request that could perhaps be a branch or option of this project.

I would love a straightforward text launcher of every title (WiiU, VC, VWii) installed.
The simplicity of Nintendont comes to mind but could be more user friendly with categories and favorites.

These types of launchers tend to load much faster since they have no or few music/graphics.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have tryed this, just for fun and to see how it already looks.

Looks great so far, hope it gets build/finished some day..
Been trying it myself and 9 out of 10 times it crashes as soon as it loads. Has a lot of potential so hopefully it gets better in the future.

gallean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks a lot, is there finally a way to region free disc the wii u disc with this mod ?
i have a wii u hacked with tiramisu.

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS PROJECT IS STILL WORK IN PROCESS AND NOT READY FOR USAGE.

Back in early 2020 I decided to created a Wii U Menu replacement due to various reason (avoid 300 title limit, sorting/search, add homebrew to the menu), but I never finished it. Now with knowledge from the AutobooModule I was finally able to fix applet and game launching, but it's still far from finished. But because I didn't work on it for like 2 years and we now have a way to load it properly (Tiramisu) I decided to make the repository public.

Maybe someone else wants to finish it instead?

Quick overview of the current state:

Known Issues:
  • Random crashes
  • The Keyboard input is implemented, but result is ignored.
  • nn::spm is not initalized and no quick start menu support. For the it's relying on the [AutobootModule](https://github.com/wiiu-env/AutobootModule) doing this.
  • No sound on splash screen.
  • Probably a lot more
TODOs
  • Non-touch controls
  • Sound on splashscreen
  • Folder support
  • Preserve app order after closing/opening launchiine.
  • Display applets like the original Wii U Menu
  • Implement Account selection when no default account is set.
  • Implement update check/no way to update games
  • Properly implement nn::spm and nn:sl (external storage and quick start menu)
  • Fix search
  • Implement all the other stuff the Wii U Menu offers (Account creationg, switching between Accounts, set default account etc.)
  • Implement ways to launch the original Wii U Menu.
Checkout the repository for more information (Usage and build instructions):
https://github.com/wiiu-env/launchiine
I think this is a cool project but one thing has made me curious
if this project ever gets to the point where it can boot games in a stable fashion
how would wii injects work?

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this might finally answer the prayers of those 4 people that kept asking for a way to circumvent the 300 title limit.

Amazing work, Looks really promising.
launchiine replaces the wii u menu so for the people who would rather a custom gui like usb loader gx now have launchiine as an option if someone ever does do something like that

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if one day wiiu can also loading the games directly from something like iso(ps3) or wbfs(wii). Then no annoying installation.:yayu:
it would be nice but there was already an attempt for that and it has terrible loading times and is now an abandoned project turns out nintendo made crappy fat32 drivers so unless if someone can make their own and replace the nintendo drivers probably through ftpiiu which means high chance of bricking nobodys dedicated enough to go to that task

WiiFanAix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The project seems to be on hold to say the least:

2023-02-03-14-15-01.png

• Wow
Reactions: Magnus87

Froggyimune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't find the men.rpx file. Help ..
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...