Homebrew Homebrew app [WIP] Launchiine - A Wii U Menu replacement

Pepeu557

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My
It looks like Loadiine
my Wii U is freezing with that famous buzzing noise due a possible corrupted file, the wii u was already having this when I got it and was already updated to 5.5.5U (which I suspect the update may have corrupted something on the console), I've installed Tiramisu to install games and access the system files through ftpiiu. vWii it's woking 100% fine but Wii U games freezes after a couple of seconds or I get stuck on the loading screen.Kiosk menu worked just fine without any issues and freezing, so I was wondering if something like Loadiine or Launchiine could avoid this corrupted file and make the console work again

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
My

my Wii U is freezing with that famous buzzing noise due a possible corrupted file, the wii u was already having this when I got it and was already updated to 5.5.5U (which I suspect the update may have corrupted something on the console), I've installed Tiramisu to install games and access the system files through ftpiiu. vWii it's woking 100% fine but Wii U games freezes after a couple of seconds or I get stuck on the loading screen.Kiosk menu worked just fine without any issues and freezing, so I was wondering if something like Loadiine or Launchiine could avoid this corrupted file and make the console work again
If you have installed Tiramisu. Download the latest launchiine rpx and try it out. It is still very early in development and plenty of bugs exist but should allow you to bypass the WiiU menu and load any installed games. If you are able to access the system through ftpiiu you may be able to rebuild a working file system using NUS updates. Don't ask me how to do that though. You are better asking others in the forums.

Pepeu557

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have installed Tiramisu. Download the latest launchiine rpx and try it out. It is still very early in development and plenty of bugs exist but should allow you to bypass the WiiU menu and load any installed games. If you are able to access the system through ftpiiu you may be able to rebuild a working file system using NUS updates. Don't ask me how to do that though. You are better asking others in the forums.
Yeah, I'm also looking for someone that understand the Wii U Logs better so it could try to find out what is the problem of the console, because everything indicates to be a software issue

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
Btw Loadiine will not allow you to play games installed on NAND or USB only from SD card in Loadiine extracted format. The compatibility of that is ok but not great and suffers speed problems. Launchiine allows you to play anything installed on NAND or USB circumventing the 300 title limit.

Reactions: Walwii

Pepeu557

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Btw Loadiine will not allow you to play games installed on NAND or USB only from SD card in Loadiine extracted format. The compatibility of that is ok but not great and suffers speed problems. Launchiine allows you to play anything installed on NAND or USB circumventing the 300 title limit.
Oh I see! =]
Also I've tested Launchiine, and it has a lot of potential!

Moobaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things that annoy me with modern consoles and their UI (which has carried over into some HomeBrew unfortunately), the constant nagging and need to CONFIRM a choice and RE-confirm said choice.

Basically, I feel consoles treat the user like someone who has never touched an electronic device ever...each time they turn it on. I understand informing me ONCE, the first time I use your system or game, but not every time, and if the game is still telling me to "Be ware of my surroundings" after the console has clocked 100's of hours of usage and years or decades gone past on the clock...that's a dumb system.

Why are consoles still yelling at us to "NOT TURN THE POWER OFF OR UNPLUG THE CONSOLE WHILE....." like, really? I'm going to hit save then jump up as fast as I can and rip the plug out of the wall!

Or with the Wii U specifically, telling me that my console powered down after a certain inactive time...really, thanks for letting me know that, because I set that feature!

There should be a feature in every game or console to check a box and "Never receive this notification again" option.

"Are you sure you want to exit the game!? Any unsaved data will be lost"
Well I JUST saved the game, sooooo.....is there any unsaved data? No? Well then allow me to exit without making me paranoid that I didn't save correctly, I refrained from unplugging the console while the spinny icon was going...geez.

So yea, any measures you take in that regard, are totally awesome and appreciated! Think about it, you're playing an "M" rated game, and the UI treats you like a 4 year old!

Thanks for all your/collectives work!

I'm going to try out Launchiine...

Reactions: zebrone and Walwii

ezzay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

While I do note that the github says, "A simple Wii U Menu replacement, still in early development and not ready for a day to day usage" Is this project up to the point where it is usable, even if it is ugly? If so, is there a guide or something to that effect? Thanks in advanced

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically..... No and no.

All the information you need is here in this thread but unless you have experience of compiling yourself, you'll have to wait until someone compiles and releases an end user version to the wild. Specifically since Maschell has given it up.

Now, if you do have experience in compiling, I'm sure you will find a good few users in here who have successfully compiled the code to a certain point and will be willing to help and advise you but reading through the thread, you wil have to play this game from the ground up I'm afraid.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
@Lostbhoy what do you mean it needs to be compiled? There is prebuild available on the git to download. What are the benefits of building yourself over using the prebuild? The activity suggests that the last build was done around the last time the code was updated.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need to compile launchiine, but if you want to you need to make install with sudo -E to add privileges. you also need devkitpro installed on either windows or linux. I think the dependencies for make install are wut and libgui iirc. not too difficult really.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the correction guys.... Looks like i haven't been reading the thread then lol!! My apologies.

Disregard my last comment then but I was right about the help!! We're a good bunch here!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the correction guys.... Looks like i haven't been reading the thread then lol!! My apologies.

Disregard my last comment then but I was right about the help!! We're a good bunch here!
no need to apologize. we're all still learning. besides, I make mistakes all the time, usually overlooking the obvious when trying to help someone. ;)

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no need to apologize. we're all still learning. besides, I make mistakes all the time, usually overlooking the obvious when trying to help someone. ;)

I honestly thought it was still in a compiling state so I've stayed away from it, mainly as I don't think my pc will handle devkit pro but I'm very interested in seeing what results come from this.

I'm thinking of upgrading soon anyway so maybe I'll join the party then!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly thought it was still in a compiling state so I've stayed away from it, mainly as I don't think my pc will handle devkit pro but I'm very interested in seeing what results come from this.

I'm thinking of upgrading soon anyway so maybe I'll join the party then!
iirc, devkitpro requires a 64bit os as I've compiled something for a dev, with his changes, who only had a 32bit os. they (the devs of devkitpro) discontinued 32bit for some reason.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's the only real requirement. my computer isn't the slowest nor the fastest, but when I compiled openorbis for the ps4, in linux, it took like an hour while others claimed it took them 5-10 minutes. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Depends on my mood