WIP (Mameda no Bakeru English Translation)

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the preliminary translation! My import copy arrived just yesterday, and this works great.
Looking forward to a completed translation.
No worries plenty more to come yet
Post automatically merged:

New look at an 99.9% Finished menu/Stage01

Last edited by KongsNutz,

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No worries plenty more to come yet

New look at an 99.9% Finished menu/Stage01

I logged a compatibility entry for the game on Ryujinx's Games-List repository on Github.
https://github.com/Ryujinx/Ryujinx-Games-List/issues/4834
During my testing for that, I noticed that running the Atmosphere translation mod on Ryujinx will output a lot of warnings about unimplemented shader instructions.
00:00:02.224 |W| GPU.AsyncTranslationThread.7 Gpu Log: Shader translator: Shader instruction Votevtg is not implemented. 00:00:03.516 |W| GPU.AsyncTranslationThread.6 Gpu Log: Shader translator: Failed to find targets for BRX instruction at 0x390.
I've attached the log file that Ryujinx v1.1.1100 produced, the majority of warnings occur on boot time.
Is the translation team aware of this issue? I'm concerned if it could introduce performance impacts or compatibility issues between Ryujinx or real hardware.

I did also test the game on Yuzu, but the game appears to crash every time I enter the second area of the first stage. That area with the crashing ocean waves seems to be a problem area for performance in general, with or without the translation mod.

Attachments

• Ryujinx_1.1.1100_2023-12-13_21-32-35.txt
    71.5 KB · Views: 21

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I logged a compatibility entry for the game on Ryujinx's Games-List repository on Github.
https://github.com/Ryujinx/Ryujinx-Games-List/issues/4834
During my testing for that, I noticed that running the Atmosphere translation mod on Ryujinx will output a lot of warnings about unimplemented shader instructions.
00:00:02.224 |W| GPU.AsyncTranslationThread.7 Gpu Log: Shader translator: Shader instruction Votevtg is not implemented. 00:00:03.516 |W| GPU.AsyncTranslationThread.6 Gpu Log: Shader translator: Failed to find targets for BRX instruction at 0x390.
I've attached the log file that Ryujinx v1.1.1100 produced, the majority of warnings occur on boot time.
Is the translation team aware of this issue? I'm concerned if it could introduce performance impacts or compatibility issues between Ryujinx or real hardware.

I did also test the game on Yuzu, but the game appears to crash every time I enter the second area of the first stage. That area with the crashing ocean waves seems to be a problem area for performance in general, with or without the translation mod.
The game has shakey performance all around, but no this doesn't produce anything bad with the translation on real hardware

The game has shakey performance all around, but no this doesn't produce anything bad with the translation on real hardware
We also haven't touched any shader stuff but make sure you're on v1.1.0 as the mod is designed for the game update.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

We also haven't touched any shader stuff but make sure you're on v1.1.0 as the mod is designed for the game update.
Yeah, I'd noticed the performance issues playing with and without the translation mod applied.
I was just concerned if the warnings output in Ryujinx logs whilst the translation mod is applied, might indicate an improper method of applying graphic or text swaps (e.g. format of image data is improper).
To be clear, these warnings don't occur when playing without translation mod, and yes I'm playing with the v1.1.0 update.

I wanted to flag it now in case it's something that could impact the project down the line, better to nip issues like this earlier.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'd noticed the performance issues playing with and without the translation mod applied.
I was just concerned if the warnings output in Ryujinx logs whilst the translation mod is applied, might indicate an improper method of applying graphic or text swaps (e.g. format of image data is improper).
To be clear, these warnings don't occur when playing without translation mod, and yes I'm playing with the v1.1.0 update.

I wanted to flag it now in case it's something that could impact the project down the line, better to nip issues like this earlier.
It's strange because I don't get those error on Ryujinx myself and the images/text are all behaviour files and texture2D files that are being replaced correctly or they won't show.

I will however double check later tonight and see what's up. Also I'm using FW17 with both switch and Ryujinx

Reactions: RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's strange because I don't get those error on Ryujinx myself and the images/text are all behaviour files and texture2D files that are being replaced correctly or they won't show.

I will however double check later tonight and see what's up. Also I'm using FW17 with both switch and Ryujinx
So there's a chance it's just an issue with my setup. Maybe just a difference between the machines we're using, like the GPU or OS?
There is an Nvidia driver update I've not installed yet, though I doubt that's a concern.

If the warnings are benign like you say anyway, it's probably all fine.

Hleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Just tried the game both on yuzu and Ryujinx. In yuzu it stops working after you need to change locations in the first level, however I did complete the level with Ryujinx. I really enjoyed your translation! Especially the silly secret facts you could find in the level. Can't wait to see more!

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried the game both on yuzu and Ryujinx. In yuzu it stops working after you need to change locations in the first level, however I did complete the level with Ryujinx. I really enjoyed your translation! Especially the silly secret facts you could find in the level. Can't wait to see more!
Yeh Yuzu will do that regardless of mods.
Thanks bud, next patch isn't far away.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
thanks for working on the translation, the game looks cool - knew nothing about it and will give it a go

Could you share the game in private? Couldn't find it anywhere.
Please share The game whit me if you have it, Couldn't find this game anywhere!!
I'm not going to share the game guys.

guys, out of all of the members on this site, kongsnutz is one of the last people you should ask this to!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for working on the translation, the game looks cool - knew nothing about it and will give it a go

guys, out of all of the members on this site, kongsnutz is one of the last people you should ask this to!
Yeah, if you like the look of the game, go buy it, and dump it yourself!
I got an import copy from Play-asia just out of intrigue, I was prepared to do a play-through without a translation.
https://www.play-asia.com/otogi-katsugeki-mameda-no-bakeru-oracle-saitarou-no-sainan/13/70g9nz

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just beat the third level. Some spelling errors here and there but a lot of fun! Thank you!
You can always report them on the discord :) I'm always expecting to miss some of the typos since I'm always looking too closely at it. 😂

FYI the translation only works with v1.1.0 of the game.

Last edited by KongsNutz,
Reactions: wluigi

wluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FYI the translation only works with the 1.1.0 update of the game and switch firmware 17.0.0. The framerate is a lot better, thankfully. It's worth the effort!

Reactions: KongsNutz

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a fatal error that would cause crashing in the last download, I've updated first post with 0.2a which resolves that issue and as a bonus, have Act1-4 completed also. - Please delete the mod before installing the new one-

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Amazing ! Thank you so much, I tried this game the other day and loved it despite the framerate issues, I never dreamed it would be translated some day, let alone so fast !

I can't find the 1.1.0 update anywhere though.

Last edited by Ligeia,

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V0.3 is with testers atm, when they've given the all clear or I've fixed anything needed it'll be available. It covers everything in the Kintaro ARC Lv1-7)

V0.3 is with testers atm, when they've given the all clear or I've fixed anything needed it'll be available. It covers everything in the Kintaro ARC Lv1-7)
Can a mod perhaps tag this thread "Translation" ?

Reactions: RupeeClock

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    People miss him because he used to be active a lot.
    +1
    I modified a switch in a bathroom one time by wiping poop on it... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been noticing it more these days alot has to do with coperation attitude manipulation people work in it so long they think it's a good way to live
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A true Switch genius.
    +2
    Ken secret tactic to expose them, "I was told you where a really bad person, now I'm not so sure." Watch who they tear into, that's the person who is doing that crap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just say this person said this about you and let it play out
    Fight lies with truth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't want me to snitch don't treat me any different
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, new version of rock paper scissors: truth lies
    hipocrisy
    +1
    My ex fiance was a master liar, manipulator and hypocrite. An actual diagnosed psychopath.
    They are not even human in my opinion.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because I said you were big that one time you believed me
    +1
    The shameful part is, I fell so in love with her mask. If I could find the real woman she pretended to be I would die for her without a moments hesitation.
    Truly loved what was never there
    I would have fought demons, gods, armies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Be gentle, I've never done this before." What, biatch you got 3 kids already. Lol, I know loves sucks hard when bad, but really good when good.
    +2
    Lol BigOnYa I hear "I don't usually do sex on the first date" like every 2 to 3 weeks now...
    +1
    I never quite know how to respond lol
    Apparently saying nothing is the correct response lol
    I know they be lying but damn I need something
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You say " is your boyfriend gonna stay and watch, or should I call A cab for him"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You say " is your boyfriend gonna stay and watch, or should I call A cab for him"