Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
People in GBATemp love to tell you about everything you did wrong.
smileipb2.png
That is the pessimistic way of thinking about things. People in GBATemp love to tell you about how you could do everything right
smileipb2.png

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm confused by all this clone talk. the ismart mm is the iplayer with an ismart mm sticker on it. its OEM. nothing was cloned or copied, the rights to sell the card with a new sticker and updated support was purchased from team supercard by ismartds.

-another world

MWisBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i'm confused by all this clone talk. the ismart mm is the iplayer with an ismart mm sticker on it. its OEM. nothing was cloned or copied, the rights to sell the card with a new sticker and updated support was purchased from team supercard by ismartds.

-another world

But the iPlayer can't play NDS games
unsure.gif

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
MWisBest said:
Another World said:

-another world

But the iPlayer can't play NDS games
unsure.gif
And the iSMM can.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
So, is it a yay or a nay?
In my opinion, it is very much a yay...considering everything, most of the current faults that may be found on an iSMM (GUI wise for sure) are mostly the SC team's doing (since I don't think the iSmart team has actually done much to the stuff when they got it). For the most part, I find that the battery drain is pretty significant when using a DSTWO.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
pyrmon24 said:
So, is it a yay or a nay?
In my opinion, it is very much a yay...considering everything, most of the current faults that may be found on an iSMM (GUI wise for sure) are mostly the SC team's doing (since I don't think the iSmart team has actually done much to the stuff when they got it). For the most part, I find that the battery drain is pretty significant when using a DSTWO.
Si, if I was facing a dilemma (with my credit card in hand and facing 0shippingzone.com) between the DSTWO and the iSmart MM, both would offer the same capabilities?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
Si, if I was facing a dilemma (with my credit card in hand and facing 0shippingzone.com) between the DSTWO and the iSmart MM, both would offer the same capabilities?
Both offer similar capabilities, though the iSMM is missing some of the smaller features that someone *cough cough* left out...such as the cut/copy/paste/delete that is usually seen in ALL (I think all..never checked) other AK based menus...and a hotkey menu (because the iSMM can use the integrated hotkey as well) which is supposedly going to be added. Among other things, there are also no other official plugins for the iSMM apart from NDSGBA. For the most part, I would consider it something similar to the DSTWO being the completed product whereas the iSMM is something like a final beta. In my opinion, the iSMM has the ability to do all that the DSTWO can do...though I use Xenofile for file manipulation and I don't really use the other DSTWO plugins much anyways (but GBA homebrew is amusing).

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No. Every dstwo plugins CPU based won't run on iSMM. They need to be compiled with the iSMM SDK (not available) and probably a little tweakered to work on it.
The dstwo CPU is a Ingenic 360Mhz, the iSMM is a Ingenic 336Mhz.

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mbmax said:
No. Every dstwo plugins CPU based won't run on iSMM. They need to be compiled with the iSMM SDK (not available) and probably a little tweakered to work on it.
The dstwo CPU is a Ingenic 360Mhz, the iSMM is a Ingenic 336Mhz.

Ah, so it has to be. Someone has their hands on the iSMM SDK, but is asking for it to be okay to put out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: