Homebrew Official WupInstaller y Mod - with multiple install folders

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you have the latest version you know you have to power off your wii u after installing haxchi like right after or it doesnt install at least for me it doesnt.

Yes, I have modified brain age to boot fw.img, replaced the meta info to reflect that as well. I have a config file that allows me to start different homebrew dependant on button presses. I have the quick start menu enabled so that I can start fw.img quickly although for whatever reason it still shows brain age in the quick start menu instead of the custom meta data. I was thinking originally the issue was with the way FIX94's fork of contenthax accesses fw.img so I tried using cfw booter instead to test that theory and still have the same issue. Currently only using the browser exploit to start homebrew launcher, then cfw booter and going back through the browser exploit, loading homebrew launcher again and going to wup installer allows me to do install. I haven't yet tried doing a mixture between the browser exploit and the contenthax exploit to specifically pin point what's doing it. I'm going to rebuild fw.img next to see if that affects anything first.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it's a game, it's safe.
if the game is bad or missing files or bad files, etc. it will not install.

if it's repacked or not for your console (eshop, DLC linked to another console) you will need a CFW.

if it's something else (system tool, SDK or developer unit tools apps, it's not safe! CFW only!!)

Davi5Alexander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it failed to install Xenoblade Chronicles X, Resident Evil: Revelations and Lego City Undercover, now whenever i get into the storage to see what games i have installed... the system tells me that there is unnecessary data and if i want to delete it... i hit delete and then its been 9 hours and still says the same, what is going on? did i screw up my Wii U?

That happened on the WII U internal memory. When I hit external storage still say the same.

I had the same problem with Xenoblade. I solved it by installing the dlc first and then the game

Reactions: huma_dawii

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Yardape8000 I've been testing the homebrew laucher channel RC2 and the wupinstallermod y doesn't work, the console freezes on the wii u screen!! Maybe you can test it and fix it please :)
I'm having the same issue, as of now I have to use it like I was doing it before.. with the HBL from haxchi

Reactions: NintendU_the_great

Ape8000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did spend a couple of hours the other day setting up home menu homebrew and getting wupintaller mostly working. But it only seemed to work with NAND, not USB. Had no time to look into it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, and I am only modifying other peoples graat work to make it easier to use. Now that @dimok is back, he is free to add any of it the the main branch. At least add the % fix

Reactions: huma_dawii

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did spend a couple of hours the other day setting up home menu homebrew and getting wupintaller mostly working. But it only seemed to work with NAND, not USB. Had no time to look into it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, and I am only modifying other peoples graat work to make it easier to use. Now that @dimok is back, he is free to add any of it the the main branch. At least add the % fix

The HBL Channel installed on the NAND and not the USB? Well, ill be waiting to see your progress :D

Ape8000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be simple. Hbxx/content/apps/app01

Then a wupserver directory copy from SD to USB. Modify code to check for apps there. Modify apps to go back to HB and not miimaker if necessary. That's the easiest way to get it going.

Could also use the dimoks new library to put it in USB/apps

Last edited by Ape8000,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3