MCLVN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to put out the fanboy flames...

The PS3 has lower framerates and such in some games cause devs are still familiarizing itself with it, as it is new hardware. Although I doubt it will go the way of the Saturn...

360 has more stable games since (in terms of programming and such) it has a similar architecture to the PC. Thats why there are more 360-PC ports.

You hit the nail on the head
wink2.gif

Devs just need to get used to making games for the PS3. They should also plan for PS3 versions of ports to take a bit longer.

That's what they said about the PS2....

This whole "developers need to get used to the PS3" line is nothing more than marketing bull****. Its just Sony's way of blaming the developers for their own incompetent hardware design.

There are the infamous statements of Gabe Newell who said: "I think [PS3 is] a waste of everybody's time." And "Investing in the Cell, investing in the SPE gives you no long-term benefits.....You're not going to gain anything except a hatred of the architecture they've created."

Its no wonder devs are dumping the PS3. Blaming the devs is a rotten thing to do.

Sony Pleads With Developers Not To Abandon PS3 for Xbox 360 and Wii

Sony is doing fine. Most developers got the hang of it, and the PS2 became a huge success as more and more developers got used to the Architecture. You Crygor either really hate Sony or Really love Microsoft.

laugh.gif

always good for a laugh.

You have to learn the meaning of respect.

This from the single worst user on the forum. The guy who swears at everyone and turns every topic into a fight.

This from the guy who acts like he is getting paid to defend a failing console.

Haven't you been banned yet? I'll celebrate the day it eventually happens.

QFT!!!!!

Zewarrior gets owned again
laugh.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

The PS3 has lower framerates and such in some games cause devs are still familiarizing itself with it, as it is new hardware. Although I doubt it will go the way of the Saturn...

360 has more stable games since (in terms of programming and such) it has a similar architecture to the PC. Thats why there are more 360-PC ports.

wink2.gif

Devs just need to get used to making games for the PS3. They should also plan for PS3 versions of ports to take a bit longer.

This whole "developers need to get used to the PS3" line is nothing more than marketing bull****. Its just Sony's way of blaming the developers for their own incompetent hardware design.

There are the infamous statements of Gabe Newell who said: "I think [PS3 is] a waste of everybody's time." And "Investing in the Cell, investing in the SPE gives you no long-term benefits.....You're not going to gain anything except a hatred of the architecture they've created."

Its no wonder devs are dumping the PS3. Blaming the devs is a rotten thing to do.

Sony is doing fine. Most developers got the hang of it, and the PS2 became a huge success as more and more developers got used to the Architecture. You Crygor either really hate Sony or Really love Microsoft.

laugh.gif

always good for a laugh.

This from the single worst user on the forum. The guy who swears at everyone and turns every topic into a fight.

QFT!!!!!

laugh.gif

Oh contra ire. Another 360 Fanboy.

MCLVN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

wink2.gif

laugh.gif

always good for a laugh.

QFT!!!!!

laugh.gif

Oh contra ire. Another 360 Fanboy.

laugh.gif

You're the biggest fanboy on this site.

Check and Mate

rofl2.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Well, you don't have to be an Xbox360 fanboy to not like ZeWarriorReturns. I infact hate the darn thing, but listening to ZeWarriorReturns is making me think twice before even considering a PS3.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, you don't have to be an Xbox360 fanboy to not like ZeWarriorReturns. I infact hate the darn thing, but listening to ZeWarriorReturns is making me think twice before even considering a PS3.
Me too... I seems 'Blu-Ray' is actually a cover-up for their 'Mind-Ray' which makes everyone who owns a PS3 a blatant fanboy. I'm gonna stay well clear. Or maybe wear a hat made of tin foil...

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
360 fanboys are useless. I won't even bother. 
happy.gif

Its easy to see why everyone hates you.

Yep. Because I'm always pointing out the flaws on their so called ''Perfect'' system.

Notice how he acknowledges the fact that everyone here hates him?

Maybe it has something to do with him being an obnoxious, hate filled fanboy who swears at everyone and turns every topic into a flame war. You act like its your job to defend a failing console. You post online so often that there is no way you have time to play games.

You're like a cancer on this very board. You bring the entire place down. Someday the MODS will figure that out and you will be perma-banned.

That day cant come soon enough for everyone who posts on this board.

(And lol, who said the Xbox 360 or any other system for that matter, was "perfect.")

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
360 fanboys are useless. I won't even bother.Â
happy.gif

Its easy to see why everyone hates you.

Yep. Because I'm always pointing out the flaws on their so called ''Perfect'' system.

Notice how he acknowledges the fact that everyone here hates him?

Maybe it has something to do with him being an obnoxious, hate filled fanboy who swears at everyone and turns every topic into a flame war. You act like its your job to defend a failing console. You post online so often that there is no way you have time to play games.

You're like a cancer on this very board. You bring the entire place down. Someday the MODS will figure that out and you will be perma-banned.

That day cant come soon enough for everyone who posts on this board.

(And lol, who said the Xbox 360 or any other system for that matter, was "perfect.")

I might be a Fanboy, But the real reason most of this forum hates me is because it's mostly Sony Hateful, Microsoft/Nintendo Fanboys. No denying this. Bold: If the site wasn't so damn slow and if I didn't keep getting error messages I would show you. (Stupid SSBB news. The Game barely looks any different from the GC SSB, and Lol I'm aware I'll probably get flamed to hell and back with this if Nintendo Fanboys see this.)

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh-huh...sure thing fanboy....

Back on topic...

QUOTE said:
Electronic Arts said during a Thursday conference call that PlayStation 3 development still isn’t quite caught up with that of Xbox 360.

“But in circumstances where we either led with the Xbox 360 or ran parallel production, for the most part, we’re still experiencing some delay on the PS3. It’s a little bit more of a challenging development environment for us.

“It’s probably only a third of a problem for us as it was [nine months ago]. But there still remains some catching up to do on the engineering side for the PS3.”

As Riccitiello noted, other publishers and developers have had challenges with PS3 development when creating cross-platform titles. Rockstar recently admitted that hurdles with the development of the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV was a major factor in the game's delay from 2007 to early 2008. Recently THQ also cancelled the PS3 version of Frontlines: Fuel of War, which is still slated for Xbox 360 and PC.

Seems like further confirmation of the Xbox 360 version's superiority. All the devs are saying the same thing.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Back on topic...

QUOTE said:
Electronic Arts said during a Thursday conference call that PlayStation 3 development still isn’t quite caught up with that of Xbox 360.

“But in circumstances where we either led with the Xbox 360 or ran parallel production, for the most part, we’re still experiencing some delay on the PS3. It’s a little bit more of a challenging development environment for us.

“It’s probably only a third of a problem for us as it was [nine months ago]. But there still remains some catching up to do on the engineering side for the PS3.”

As Riccitiello noted, other publishers and developers have had challenges with PS3 development when creating cross-platform titles. Rockstar recently admitted that hurdles with the development of the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV was a major factor in the game's delay from 2007 to early 2008. Recently THQ also cancelled the PS3 version of Frontlines: Fuel of War, which is still slated for Xbox 360 and PC.

Seems like further confirmation of the Xbox 360 version's superiority. All the devs are saying the same thing.

3 developers =/= All. And again obviously if you can't read, it's not hardware issues, it's developer issues. Funny how Epic, Naughty Dog, Imsoniac, etc can all make perfect PS3 games while EA ( which most of their games come out fine on the PS3 ), THQ, Rockstar can't. Either way, Since Rockstar themselves said the versions are equal, I'd rather trust them than the Fanboy trash on the first page.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought the article seems biased and unreliable. It seems more like one person opinion with no facts to back it up.

If the DMC4 comparison is any indication, I don't think there will be any real difference between the versions. I could see the 360 version having stronger online support, but thats all speculation.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Back on topic...

QUOTE said:

3 developers =/= All. And again obviously if you can't read, it's not hardware issues, it's developer issues. Funny how Epic, Naughty Dog, Imsoniac, etc can all make perfect PS3 games while EA ( which most of their games come out fine on the PS3 ), THQ, Rockstar can't. Either way, I'm just a fanboy and people should ignore everything I say.

rofl2.gif

Its a lot more than 3 little Timmy....

Hmmm, lets examine the facts...

Gabe Newell:Â "I think [PS3 is] a waste of everybody's time." And "Investing in the Cell, investing in the SPE gives you no long-term benefits.....You're not going to gain anything except a hatred of the architecture they've created."

THQ is cancelling games. I wonder what other PS3 games will be cancelled in the coming months?

The PS3 is such a failure people are writing books about it.

Book on the PS3's FAILURE Released

Meanwhile Sony is pleading with devs not to abandon the PS3.

Sony pleads with developers not to abandon PS3 for Wii and Xbox 360

Gee I wonder why?

biggrin.gif

Hey anyway, nice try Ze. Once again you have proven your ignorance on this subject.

And that remark you made about EA games was classic.
rofl2.gif
Most/ALL of them play at double the frame rate on the Xbox 360. I know the truth hurts but please try to deal with it.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought the article seems biased and unreliable. It seems more like one person opinion with no facts to back it up.

If the DMC4 comparison is any indication, I don't think there will be any real difference between the versions. I could see the 360 version having stronger online support, but thats all speculation.

Exactly. This guy gets to party.
grog.gif

EDIT: QUOTE
rofl2.gif

Its a lot more than 3 little Timmy....

Hmmm, lets examine the facts...

Gabe Newell:Â "I think [PS3 is] a waste of everybody's time." And "Investing in the Cell, investing in the SPE gives you no long-term benefits.....You're not going to gain anything except a hatred of the architecture they've created."

THQ is cancelling games. I wonder what other PS3 games will be cancelled in the coming months?

The PS3 is such a failure people are writing books about it.

Book on the PS3's FAILURE Released

Meanwhile Sony is pleading with devs not to abandon the PS3.

Sony pleads with developers not to abandon PS3 for Wii and Xbox 360

Gee I wonder why?

biggrin.gif

Hey anyway, nice try Ze. Once again you have proven your ignorance on this subject.

And that remark you made about EA games was classic.
rofl2.gif
Most/ALL of them play at double the frame rate on the Xbox 360. I know the truth hurts but please try to deal with it.

I won't bother with all of your trash. Just the main *counters*.
1. If the PS3 is a failure.Why did it out sell the 360 in 2007? That's when Halo 3, Mass Effect, all these amazing exclusives came out... Wasn't that when all 360 Fanboys said '' Wow, this will kill ps3 for sure. WOO 360 FTW! '' Guess it didn't work.
2. Sony might have asked developers to not abandon their platform, But the developers listened, so it can't be so failing after all.
3. Meanwhile on the THQ issue, So what? The game looks like shit anyway.

Tiny Tim? Is that the worst you got. Please. Try harder next time.
lecture.gif

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, you don't have to be an Xbox360 fanboy to not like ZeWarriorReturns. I infact hate the darn thing, but listening to ZeWarriorReturns is making me think twice before even considering a PS3.

I own a PS3 and Ze still gets on my nerves. Basically fanboys for [PC,Xbox,Wii,etc] should be thanking him. His actions do more harm to Sony than he will ever realize. Its kind of like how that whole Chad Warden thing blew up in Sony's face.
At first he got a lot of attention but now people use him as the poster child for the ignorant fanboy. He's more of a liability now, just like Ze.

Somewhere Bill Gates laughs like the Emperor in Star Wars. I'm sure he's pleased.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. If the PS3 is a failure.Why did it out sell the 360 in 2007? That's when Halo 3 came out... Wasn't that when all 360 Fanboys said '' Wow, this will kill ps3 for sure. WOO 360 FTW! '' Guess it's not working. Guess it's not working.
2. Sony might have asked developers to not abandon their platform, But the developers listened, so it can't be so failing after all.

Tiny Tim? Is that the worst you got. Please. Try harder next time.Â
lecture.gif

1. If the PS3 is a success why is it millions of units behind both the Xbox 360 and the Wii. You do realize that the PS3 will never catch up to either system, right fanboy? I mean even you are not that blind.

2. Developers did not listen and you are not basing your OPINION on any verifiable facts. (Meaning you're a liar and we've proven that many times.) Meanwhile I have posted a link PROVING that devs are abandoning the PS3 games much like they dumped their PSP projects.

rofl2.gif
, Cancellations of well known games are never a good thing.

I love making you look foolish Ze. Its almost too easy.

PS:
rofl2.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
1. If the PS3 is a failure.Why did it out sell the 360 in 2007? That's when Halo 3 came out... Wasn't that when all 360 Fanboys said '' Wow, this will kill ps3 for sure. WOO 360 FTW! '' Guess it's not working. Guess it's not working.

Tiny Tim? Is that the worst you got. Please. Try harder next time.Â
lecture.gif

1. If the PS3 is a success why is it millions of units behind both the Xbox 360 and the Wii. You do realize that the PS3 will never catch up to either system, right fanboy? I mean even you are not that blind.

2. Developers did not listen and you are not basing your OPINION on any verifiable facts. (Meaning you're a liar and we've proven that many times.) Meanwhile I have posted a link PROVING that devs are abandoning the PS3 games much like they dumped their PSP projects.

rofl2.gif
, Cancellations of well known games are never a good thing.

I love making you look foolish Ze. Its almost too easy.

PS:
rofl2.gif

1. It's called a release date. Xbox 360 was released one full year ahead. The Wii was less than half the price of the PS3, I laugh at anybody who didn't think the Wii wouldn't be a success.

2. If they didn't listen, name 3 developers who ditched Sony. I don't see any news of any developers leaving the Sony Platform either.

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cance..._Xbox_360_games

Touche.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif

1. Lame fanboy excuse

2. Cant back up his earlier claim, further proving he's a liar. Does not even attempt to post evidence backing earlier claim making himself look foolish in the process.

3. Wiki,
rofl2.gif
Guess he couldn't find any real evidence so he did a google search for "cancelled xbox games."
rofl2.gif

Without a doubt, you have been completely destroyed in this argument.

PS:
rofl2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson