Country
Oh god these have already started and I'm laughing so hard

g3M18rz.jpg

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I do find it funny in this day and age that people complain about consoles having more features that aren't just games.

Like it doesn't exactly hamper your gaming experience, I understand that the conference wasn't super game focused but that's not to say it won't have as much of a game flow as consoles in the past. I think people just assume that a multifaceted console/conference = less focus on games while in truth it equals an equal focus on games but other focuses on everything else. Gaming is a larger industry now then when it was JUST games 30 years ago. That means that consoles can do more and have more resources at their disposal.
When I start putting ice cube trays, radar detection, a palm pilot from 2001 and a dog whistle in my toaster oven I'm going to be wasting more of my limited resources on the logistics of making all of them work and they're not really going to enhance my use of the thing as much as they are interfering with it's squandered potential.

Simple is sleek. If I wanted an all in one machine I'd use a computer. Game systems are supposed to be specialized.

rolandpibb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I start putting ice cube trays, radar detection, a palm pilot from 2001 and a dog whistle in my toaster oven I'm going to be wasting more of my limited resources on the logistics of making all of them work and they're not really going to enhance my use of the thing as much as they are interfering with it's squandered potential.

Simple is sleek. If I wanted an all in one machine I'd use a computer. Game systems are supposed to be specialized.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Maybe but in a world where the PS2 was sold as also a DVD player, the PS3 was sold as also a blu ray player, Nintendo themselves made music playing addons for their handhelds, we usually tell people to hack your original xbox and stick a copy of XBMC on it (various wii ports of mplayer are also quite popular, there was moonshell on the DS and even hacked PSPs had some media functionality added), TVersity is a thing, losing streaming services and/or playback services if you do certain kinds of hacks is considered a notable loss, we spent time trying to get region restricted/partially paid media sources onto other boxes that should not have allowed it and the gap between media box and "something that someone which knows computers" will set up is still rather large it does seem rather logically dissonant to be running around decrying the media support for a new console. Hacking for XBMC and maybe some aspects of TVersity aside none of those would have come free to a company (though many do sit in working groups that control video patents and standards) either -- this would be why the Wii could have played DVDs but did not.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^^
No.. but in this case it's more like, "You can hack your Wii to play DVDs! But in doing so you'll lose the ability to play games!"

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...If I were a Moderator, you would be warned for each and every one of those.

That means you would earn a Permaban by now. :angry:

What is so great about this guy, I just don't get it, explain! :unsure:
Unjustified warns, no wonder you aren't a Mod. :P

His rants are awesome, if you listen to them, especially when he is on point.

King, you're a fine guy, I like you, but it needs to be said - you post the absolute worst videos.

Please, no more, I beg of you. I just want to get off this wild ride.
It have pretty much been about the same guy.

Thanks for the videos, got a hell of a laugh.
Well, at least someone enjoyed it. :P

To be fair to the Ouya and Xbox 1.

Ouya was meant to be a cheap alternative for indie games, not a console like the big 3.

Xbox 1 haven't even shown its games yet and things may change before e3 with all this online checks and
anti-use games stuff.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Unjustified warns, no wonder you aren't a Mod. :P

His rants are awesome, if you listen to them, especially when he is on point.
He has one of the most annoying demeanors I've ever heard in my life - a warn for this would be entirely justified. Simply hearing him speak makes all the switchblades in my house open all by themselves - I'm not even kidding. He's a raging little kid who thinks he's cool because he's swearing and flinging his arms around - that disqualifies him as a conversation companion.

I'm not the first person who told you this and I'm certainly not the last. He's terrible.

Sony's reaction:
*Ctrl+Alt+Del*
Everybody else's reaction:

Ait9YDA.png

Mandatory XBox One miscarriage pic.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A day after the Xbox 1 reveal, comcast starts ads of a new video online video service (only available for fios internet/tv customers) and DVRs powered by their X1 OS and X1 architecture co-created with Microsoft. Now we know the real reason the new xbox is called the Xbox One.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A day after the Xbox 1 reveal, comcast starts ads of a new video online video service (only available for fios internet/tv customers) and DVRs powered by their X1 OS and X1 architecture co-created with Microsoft. Now we know the real reason the new xbox is called the Xbox One.

That would also line up with the gameless/XBLA only rumours some time back. Subsidising your hardware/parts costs with cable boxes.... an interesting move and one I am curious about.

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft "will disclose more information in the near future".

That's because this is a last ditch effort due to negative feedback and they don't have all the information themselves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare