'XBOX ONE' ANNOUNCED!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's just really, really confused. Either MS don't know what they're doing yet so are stalling, or they do and they're not revealing it because they want to scare as many people into Sony's arms as possible. It's ridiculous not to quash these negative thoughts at this point so why hold back on the info about used games which was one point of contention in the lead up to today.

From the info we do have it seems you can only pass on used games online...so that sounds like an account tied scheme where you'll probably get points or something for your activation code. Bricks and mortar stores will be really happy...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like how Microsoft gets flack for "not innovating much for 8 years" (which isn't true in itself, but hey)... and then...
  • when the company tries to innovate by treating the XBox One as something more than a console...
  • ...and tries to encompass the entire home entertainment sphere in one device...
  • ...giving it control over every other device in the room for the sake of convenience so that you don't even have to move your butt off the sofa...
  • ...by giving you the capacity to do several things at the same time on one screen with Snap On or on several screens with SmartGlass and controlling all this with gestures and voice commands...
  • ...thanks to the updated Kinect...
  • ...which allows them to merge physical controls with motion controls to create "motion-assisted" controls, giving you the capacity to, say, physically point at the screen to tell your NPC's where they're supposed to go, lift a shield or perform various in-game tasks with actual gestures while still using a standard controller at the same time...
  • ...which is an updated version of the fantastic 360 controller, now with Force Feedback-capable triggers...
...and still gets flack, except now for innovating.

Like, I don't even own any Microsoft systems but I'm shocked by the negativity wave here. Can't wait till E3.

Reactions: chavosaur

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RE: Used games having an "activation fee":

aNACZX9.png

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport3/status/336937800702238722

Reactions: Foxi4 and chavosaur
D

Deleted_171835

I like how Microsoft gets flack for not innovating for 8 years... and then...
  • when the company tries to innovate by treating the XBox One as something more than a console
  • tries to encompass the entire home entertainment sphere in one device...
  • ...giving it control over every other device in the room for the sake of convenience so that you don't even have to move your butt off the sofa...
  • ...by giving you the capacity to do several things at the same time on one screen with Snap On or on several screens with SmartGlass and controlling all this with gestures and voice commands...
  • ...which allows them to merge physical controls with motion controls to create "motion-assisted" controls, giving you the capacity to, say, physically point at the screen to tell your NPC's where they're supposed to go, lift a shield or perform various in-game tasks with actual gestures while still using a standard controller at the same time...
  • ...which is an updated version of the fantastic 360 controller, now with Force Feedback-capable triggers...

Like, I don't even own any Microsoft systems but I'm shocked by the negativity wave here. Can't wait till E3.
I dunno, maybe because they're
The Xbox One isn't looking too good right now. Whatever improvements/innovations they have made are negated by all the negative news regarding the system.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the point of this conference was clear up the rumors and speculation circulating around the XBOX One but it just seems to be causing even more confusion.

crysalim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cmoooon, the original Xbox playing videos was innovation. PS3 running Linux was innovation (disregarding Sony's self destructive behavior momentarily). Just throwing everything into multimedia in a console at the end of 2013? It's not innovation - it's dangerously behind the curve.

We all own so many devices by now. If anyone is going to use one device for everything, it's going to be a well researched and taken care of piece of hardware, and a game console doesn't fit the bill. Just like Gordon Ramsey says, you play to your strengths.

Xbox 360 = win because of Xbox live and countless exclusives. What MS really needed was a huge push on the interactivity of the new Xbox live for XB1. Someone mentioned game streaming and recording - THAT is what would get me excited as a gamer (we need some kinda money throwing smiley, that's what I would put here, but here's the next best thing :moogle: :D)

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I like how Microsoft gets flack for "not innovating much for 8 years" (which isn't true in itself, but hey)... and then...
  • when the company tries to innovate by treating the XBox One as something more than a console...
  • ...and tries to encompass the entire home entertainment sphere in one device...

Who said we have to appreciate innovation just for the sake of it being innovation.

There's innovation and innovation.

How about innovating in the GAMING space instead of showing "Call of Dookie 17" or "Madden NFL Current Year - now with animated players' dandruff and realistic hot dog stands"?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand I'm not in the habit of borrowing/lending games with friends and IDGAF about GameStop, but this seems kind of wrong.

I can only hope that if this happens that devs/publishers do not get a cut of the fees, sadly there probably will be some arm twisting and it might happen but one can hope.

One can also hope it will not happen at all and a court somewhere makes it unworkable.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dunno, maybe because they're
The Xbox One isn't looking too good right now.
I disagree...?

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
XBox = original = XBox
XBox 360....360=circle so Xbox 0
Now XBox One = Xbox 1

Next should be XBox Too.

;)

Whether always online is required is not a major point to me but it sounds like it would really need always online to work at its best. For displaying what's trending, friends, Skype, internet browsing, Cloud storage, Guide, ESPN partnership etc. You'd have the option of offline but lose a lot of the functionality.

I have a good internet connection, i.e. 120Mb, my PC is always connected, and phones etc connect to the permanent WiFi, even been known to run netflix, twitter, facebook via my BluRay player, but the simple fact that I lost the stream about 15 minutes in when XBox.com became unavailable put any necessity for online connection in context.

As soon as an internet connection is required you include somewhere others can affect the functionality. Hence why I'll never buy a game, movie or music for storage only on cloud. I've only recently accepted downloading games, which I always have access to, I'm not putting myself at the mercy of some anonymous server.

I dont think I'm the target audience as I already have a decent media setup, and do not think a remote control is that complicated. I wanted a games console for games.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I don't think it gets flack because it's innovative per se, but because it's innovative in ways we don't want or have no use for (I for example would never use most of these things, except for trying it out once). I mean it's like having a console that you have to use your wang to control (pee to the left, move to the left, get an erection and jump :P), it's innovative, but no one is really waiting for such a thing. Now I'm holding of judgment because I'm going for the games, and not the console, but it really doesn't invite me to buy one from what I know of it so far (even though I'll probably end up buying it at some point for completion's sake).

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically x1 disc games are really digital releases downloaded "by truck".
You install them on the HDD, activate them to your account and use them with the same limitations of digital releases.
They just spare you the download of 25-50GB of data. (good if you have caps or a slow network)
It's an interesting model and MS so far is the only one allowing at least some form of resale (still to be defined).

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Basically x1 disc games are really digital releases downloaded "by truck".
You install them on the HDD, activate them to your account and use them with the same limitations of digital releases.
They just spare you the download of 25-50GB of data. (good if you have caps or a slow network)
It's an interesting model and MS so far is the only one allowing at least some form of resale (still to be defined).
Exactly. The fact that you can resell digital purchases is pretty neat, it's a feature not present on Nintendo's or Sony's system and something users of Digital Downloads cried for for years.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. The fact that you can resell digital purchases is pretty neat, it's a feature not present on Nintendo's or Sony's system and something users of Digital Downloads cried for for years.

And I kinda wish it was an option on the Wii U, but for one reason or another it's not.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like the idea of full installs rather than Data Installs - it's something I always wanted and never got from a home console. Now, the activation thing does bother me a little, but I do like the fact that I don't have to grind the laser of the system. All I have to do is install the game and I'll never have to use the disc again unless I uninstall the game at one point and I'll feel like playing it again in the future.

Protecting the optical drive from wear and tear being one of the main reasons why USB/Alternative Loaders were invented for various systems, just thought I should mention that. This console allows you to protect your optical drive out-of-the-box, which is pretty neat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...