Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragenrok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reecey is the one in Europe who hasn't gotten banned doing the cert's. They have the xbox 360's in their avatar.

iirc you want the biggest game available for that cart type. Zelda is good because it's a large cart (16gb)

so for type 2 you want a 16gb as well (the largest type 2 card available). Wolfenstein 2 will work. I believe that's what reesey uses.

You can find which carts work at this site http://nswdb.com/

Just filter imagesize from largest to smallest. If you scroll all the way to the right it will show the cart type (1 or 2). conveniently, when you filter by cart size it also sorts by cart type so you can easily find the 16gb type 2 carts you can use for your type 2 donors.

hope that helps.
Actually that does help alot :)

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok I'm going with Zelda then, and hopefully if I survive the ban I'll buy Wolfenstein 2 for the card2 games.
I'll keep you updated since we don't have a lot of Europeans testing here.

Reactions: Whole lotta love

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually that does help alot :)
just wanna say you should read thru the whole thread. I think reesey said something about claiming the my nintendo points from the cart before using the cert. might be some other rules im missing.

The OP member dug his own grave! If you follow the thread you will read he was doing very well and stuck to the rules but he got complacent and started using roms without certificates and also used nsp installs online, if you go and read his ban notes you will notice a lot of mistakes were being made you can’t go on his history now it’s redundant in fact the opening post should be updated with this new information, it doesn’t show a correct observation.

maybe reecey you wanna write a definitive list of everything you do not to get banned?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
just wanna say you should read thru the whole thread. I think reesey said something about claiming the my nintendo points from the cart before using the cert. might be some other rules im missing.

maybe reecey you wanna write a definitive list of everything you do not to get banned?
Yes I would be happy to but I don’t want to be held responsible for peoples bans following my guide, if it ever happened that is because I will end up getting nasty responses back like the some other guy did. If members really want to know what to do they can go back through the thread and read my information. I was going to make a new thread to do with all this a while back and explain in great detail but I decided not to do it in the end!

Last edited by Reecey,

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok guys my copy of Zelda just arrived.
I have dumped the game but sadly when i open the dump with xci explorer i get and "Unhandled exception" error. So i restarted the dumper again and dumped only the cert this time.

Now i'm trying to inject the cert.bin into another game, but do i have to rename cert.bin to cert.dat? Because xci explorer can't see the bin file.

Ragenrok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok guys my copy of Zelda just arrived.
I have dumped the game but sadly when i open the dump with xci explorer i get and "Unhandled exception" error. So i restarted the dumper again and dumped only the cert this time.

Now i'm trying to inject the cert.bin into another game, but do i have to rename cert.bin to cert.dat? Because xci explorer can't see the bin file.
yes, that was what I did and it worked just fine.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok done it.There is one more thing, i was wondering if i can use my own cert on my sister console too.Of course i won't go online with both consoles at the same time, so the cert should be safe right?

Ragenrok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok done it.There is one more thing, i was wondering if i can use my own cert on my sister console too.Of course i won't go online with both consoles at the same time, so the cert should be safe right?
If you can gaurentee they don't both go online (as in not connected to any network) then in theory it should but we have no idea of Nintendo has logs that say cert x was played at this time and compares it to other consoles.

If you worried about bans I wouldn't just to be safe. I'd go find another copy of botw and use that cert for her.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also I don't know, I have the doubt that even in airplane mode the console is still communicating with Nintendo.

Today I was in airplane mode and after I started a backup I saw the popup showing me that there is a new update. How did they know that with the console in airplane mode? :unsure:
Probably I'm missing something. I'll try with another game.

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I don't know, I have the doubt that even in airplane mode the console is still communicating with Nintendo.

Today I was in airplane mode and after I started a backup I saw the popup showing me that there is a new update. How did they know that with the console in airplane mode? :unsure:
Probably I'm missing something. I'll try with another game.

The console downloaded the update list when you had internet. That's how it knows.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am EU as Well. So EU people seems to able to use a different Cert without getting banned?
Yeah some people have been playing online for more than a month now. I have yet to play online with backups but I have updated them all (with my cert injected) and no ban yet. Tbh it seems too good and easy to be true, they really made the same mistake they did with the 3ds?

What I'm doing now is 1) Start the game with SX 2)Boot to original fw and update the games from there 3) Playing backups in airplane mode. I think I'm going to wait a little bit before actually playing online with backups, also because now I'm having fun online with Paladins and Fortnite.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I Update all Games without Certs and in SX. Never got banned. I think they Not Check certs in Update, do they?

I only Play legit copies online ATM. Waiting for Pokemon :X

Last edited by ehnoah,

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The console downloaded the update list when you had internet. That's how it knows.
How is that possible? I just did another test just now, this is what I did:
1)Put Doom in my sd card for the first time
2)Started SX while the console was already in airplane mode
3) I start Doom and it says there is an update
How does it know :huh:

Ragenrok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is that possible? I just did another test just now, this is what I did:
1)Put Doom in my sd card for the first time
2)Started SX while the console was already in airplane mode
3) I start Doom and it says there is an update
How does it know :huh:
I think what he meant is it automatically downloads a list of all games and their most current patch version that the system can check against. Wouldn't need to be a large file as it could probably just be text list that's says
Mario kart = v3.2xx
Zelda:botw = 3.5xx

And so on, then when you launch your game it checks it against this text.

Reactions: RedHunter

Ragenrok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't play any online, games got updated. banned. :\ oh well.
More info? Did you install any nsp files? Did you ensure you never booted a Xci with a property cert? (Cart 1 and cart 2 for matching games)

Wolfykaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I followed the “rules” and tried it. Was never going to pay to play online when it happens so I figured I’d try this and have a test on a game. I used my BotW cert on splatoon 2 (splatoon was also same region as me)Had 1 single game last night was a quick match before turning WiFi back off. Just tested again now and giving me the error code 2124-4025 ( I don’t give em long till it’s a ban) I’m from the UK, I did all the steps right. I have not installed any nsp files or anything . I only use xci’s off a separate 256gig SD card as I like to keep sxos and my official stuff separate. Ive just signed up to make this post to let people know so they can make a valid decision when trying to play online using this method.Nintendo are quite fast and although the odd person may get away with it for a few days or weeks they will find out. So just a heads up try at your own risk. No loss though doesn’t stop me enjoying my switch :)

Reactions: RedHunter

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I followed the “rules” and tried it. Was never going to pay to play online when it happens so I figured I’d try this and have a test on a game. I used my BotW cert on splatoon 2 (splatoon was also same region as me)Had 1 single game last night was a quick match before turning WiFi back off. Just tested again now and giving me the error code 2124-4025 ( I don’t give em long till it’s a ban) I’m from the UK, I did all the steps right. I have not installed any nsp files or anything . I only use xci’s off a separate 256gig SD card as I like to keep sxos and my official stuff separate. Ive just signed up to make this post to let people know so they can make a valid decision when trying to play online using this method.Nintendo are quite fast and although the odd person may get away with it for a few days or weeks they will find out. So just a heads up try at your own risk. No loss though doesn’t stop me enjoying my switch :)
Can you submit a full ban report here when you get a chance? https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...