• Likes 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well I followed the “rules” and tried it. Was never going to pay to play online when it happens so I figured I’d try this and have a test on a game. I used my BotW cert on splatoon 2 (splatoon was also same region as me)Had 1 single game last night was a quick match before turning WiFi back off. Just tested again now and giving me the error code 2124-4025 ( I don’t give em long till it’s a ban) I’m from the UK, I did all the steps right. I have not installed any nsp files or anything . I only use xci’s off a separate 256gig SD card as I like to keep sxos and my official stuff separate. Ive just signed up to make this post to let people know so they can make a valid decision when trying to play online using this method.Nintendo are quite fast and although the odd person may get away with it for a few days or weeks they will find out. So just a heads up try at your own risk. No loss though doesn’t stop me enjoying my switch :)
At this point I think it's a matter of time we all get banned :sleep:
Been a week now I'm playing online only Paladins and Fortnite, updated all my backups tho, I updated one game when in SX mode by mistake unfortunately. Maybe these are the only online games we can play without getting banned? And probably our own backups.

leon8179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, been over a month and I'm still not banned only playing XCI's and homebrew and just checked today.
What online games are you playing though? Maybe they are more focused on paid online game like Splatoon

Ragenrok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird, been over a month and I'm still not banned only playing XCI's and homebrew and just checked today.
Any update? Considering picking up a donor cart2 game and doing a full nand restore so I can try online with no pirate certs logged in my nand (currently switch hasn't left airplane mode). Figure if your still not banned at this point I'll take the risk lol

Last edited by Ragenrok,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I’m still not banned either I have been using xci installing updates using nsp also used card 2 online still not banned nearly 2 months now.

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
That might work but it isn't safe because the certificate contains game specific information. So Nintendo could detect that you have injected the header of a different game.

yeah, obviously it isn't because the OP was eventually banned then super banned, but I am curious as to how they differentiate this. Obviously we can't just inject one header into all our games like we could on the 3DS and expect to get away with it forever, but I wonder if you could take the header from one game, inject the game specific information from another game, and then inject that new header.

Not that I'd care to try it. I ripped all my carts with the original certs and I avoid taking those backups online at all, even though I own them and there is no chance of another console having it. I'd even be wary about having two Switches with the same cert try to play together in local play, and I'm actually surprised that Nintendo doesn't appear to check for that. Still, I am academically curious as to how two games of different titles differentiate.

If it the case that each unique game gets a gameID, and also an identifier unique to the cart, with those two values encrypted together to produce a new header, then it should be possible to do all this safely if we can decrypt that. However, if the same cart identifier is re-used for other gameIDs (which is likely) it would mean that even if you could safely do that you'd run the risk of going online at the same time as someone else with the same ID, although in that case Nintendo would have an issue with not knowing which player was the pirate and which player had a cart they paid for, so might hesitate to ban carts if that happened.

I got superban (CDN). I cannot anymore update games/system firmware via internet.
RIEP.

On the bright side, if you got a second Switch you can use one Switch to update the games and the firmware even through "Match Local Users". So you have that at least.

Last edited by Elliander,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bring this old thread back up again but I want to ask the community a question> I’ve just realised by mistake I have been playing Super Mario Maker 2 online all this time very regular injected with my Mortal Kombat 11’s certificate. I do own both titles in retail format but when I dumped SMM2 I always double check my certs are correctly injected manually I keep them all dumped and stored I must of got them mixed up when dumping and injecting the cert into SMM2 and luckily not received a ban as yet, just out of curiosity has anyone else been using SMM2 online with a personal donor injected certificate and been ok? I’m not correcting the cert now I think that would be just detrimental.

Last edited by Reecey,
D

Deleted User

@x0x0 request admins/mods to lock or delete your thread. It was a nice thing you did for the scene last year

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Delete the thread if you want mods I don’t mind. It’s probably for the best anyway there’s too much confusion.

Last edited by Reecey,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs