Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to lock this topic.
I've already noted everything that was reported here, but it's too hard to keep track of everything if it's all in the same topic.

From now when you find a bug, please post a new topic for it. Don't forget to use the "NEW" tag so we immediately see it's a bug report ;)

------------------------

This thread is for reporting any bug or annoyance that you find
or to ask for help in post formatting while we all get used to XenForo.

We are quite aware that some of the old IPB bells and whistles are gone.
Some of them will be brought back later, and some will be gone forever.
We ask that you do not gripe about this. Nobody is precisely 'happy' about it.

While this forum software change was forced by an unpleasant occurrence,
it isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Keep looking around, try out the features and options of XenForo, and we'll all learn the quirks of it together.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Contact Us and Top buttons at the very bottom of every page are the same color as the background on most browsers including Firefox 18 and Internet Explorer 10. It does work properly if I set Internet Explorer to Compatibility view, though. Same goes for the Terms and Rules; almost invisible as well.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Was not really a bug, but you should now be able to hide the console tabs ("NDS", "Wii" etc) from the navigation bar.
Might be useful for people with smaller screen resolutions, or simply if you want to ignore certain consoles ;)

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually about those Contact Us and Top buttons: Once they have been clicked, they change color to become visible. There's no space between them though, so it shows "Contact UsHomeTop" now.

Edit: Are Former Staff supposed to show up in the Online Staff box? Another World is listed in there.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Where 's the option for disabling the temp sending me mails about Post here funny pictures thread?

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country
So I tried to go to DS Programming for newbies and, the 1st page is really glitched and the table of content's doesn't work properly. The GBATemp header appears at the bottom of the screen and the body of every message on the first page goes from being readable to becoming a buggy mess!

(I may really need this to be fixed because I plan on using NFlib in my NDS projects but, how can I use it if the tutorial on the page I mentioned is really buggy and glitchy?)

Reactions: Arras

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some parts of my posts went missing when you changed to Xenforo.

Ex. My first post in this thread.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/completed-love-plus-english-translation-patch.272861/

There used to be a long post after the spoiler tag, but not anymore in this new board. And some parts of other posts have some text missing too.

(Not a big deal, though. I only randomly checked my old posts and found something I wrote went missing, so I think I should report here. ^_^)

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know a couple people already mentioned this but I am also getting the search bar covering the User CP, Alerts and Message area using both Firefox (PC) and Android Internet Browser (HTC Inspire). Haven't tried Chrome at all and IE8 doesn't show any of the Navigation bars or links (I never use IE but I was just using it to test gbatemp).

gbatempbug.jpg

gbatempie8.jpg

gbatempbug.jpg

Also editing text on the android browser doesn't give me a flashing cursor to see where I am placing text, which makes it hard to fix typo's etc.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For anyone with the search covering the username etc:

Go to your settings, under options will be a setting "Hide Section Tabs".
Select a few of those and save. That'll hide the tabs from the bar on the top leaving more room for the userbar.

The problem is simply the lack of space, so doing the above should work.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanx tj_cool, that helps a lot, but overlap still occurs when i am in a forum with 3-4 or more sub forums, for example the wii forum:
In my case, i can only see the first 4 subforums, after the the searchbar overlaps it again.
I guess the forum does not auto adjust this if you have a small screen, what seems to be happening in my case, when i am on my laptop, which has a 14 inch screen.

Actinopterygian Melospiza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My name got changed from Actinopterygian Melospiza to just Actinopterygian, I'm assuming this has to do with a limit on how long your name can be or something.

I don't really care that much about having my old user name, but if you guys are just going to change it can I at least get to chose what it gets changed to? I liked Actinopterygian Melospiza, but I don't care for just Actinopterygian. I'm not trying to be a douche but I just don't really like that my name got changed with no input from me and with no notification from any staff as to why it was changed and if anything could be done about it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
My name got changed from Actinopterygian Melospiza to just Actinopterygian, I'm assuming this has to do with a limit on how long your name can be or something.

I don't really care that much about having my old user name, but if you guys are just going to change it can I at least get to chose what it gets changed to? I liked Actinopterygian Melospiza, but I don't care for just Actinopterygian. I'm not trying to be a douche but I just don't really like that my name got changed with no input from me and with no notification from any staff as to why it was changed and if anything could be done about it.
Seeing as other people got individual letters trimmed off the end of their name, I'm pretty sure it was a technical limit and no human actually did it on purpose.

Supervisors do name changes in situations like this, contact one of them and see if they'll help you.

Actinopterygian Melospiza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as other people got individual letters trimmed off the end of their name, I'm pretty sure it was a technical limit and no human actually did it on purpose.

Supervisors do name changes in situations like this, contact one of them and see if they'll help you.
Oh weird...I guess it was just a coincidence that it got cut off right after the first word, I had assumed that there was a limit somewhere between 15 and 25 characters and that someone had just dropped the second word to make it fit the requirement without the second word being cut off. I don't spend a whole lot of time here so I didn't notice anyone with cut off names.

Anyway, thanks for the help, I'll contact a supervisor post-haste.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh weird...I guess it was just a coincidence that it got cut off right after the first word, I had assumed that there was a limit somewhere between 15 and 25 characters and that someone had just dropped the second word to make it fit the requirement without the second word being cut off. I don't spend a whole lot of time here so I didn't notice anyone with cut off names.

Anyway, thanks for the help, I'll contact a supervisor post-haste.

I'll have that fixed in moments.
(actually, p1ngpong will have it fixed. Jackass stealing my thunder)

Yeah, your name was the perfect length to be cut off automatically.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...You changed it before I could even find out how to send a freakin' PM. Gosh darn you XenForo!

We're all having to un-learn and then re-learn what we knew before. It's tough on everybody...might even be tougher on old farts like me. (but I had a few days to practice before the forum was back up)
Did you get the PMs figured out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1