Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to lock this topic.
I've already noted everything that was reported here, but it's too hard to keep track of everything if it's all in the same topic.

From now when you find a bug, please post a new topic for it. Don't forget to use the "NEW" tag so we immediately see it's a bug report ;)

------------------------

This thread is for reporting any bug or annoyance that you find
or to ask for help in post formatting while we all get used to XenForo.

We are quite aware that some of the old IPB bells and whistles are gone.
Some of them will be brought back later, and some will be gone forever.
We ask that you do not gripe about this. Nobody is precisely 'happy' about it.

While this forum software change was forced by an unpleasant occurrence,
it isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Keep looking around, try out the features and options of XenForo, and we'll all learn the quirks of it together.

Actinopterygian Melospiza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're all having to un-learn and then re-learn what we knew before. It's tough on everybody...might even be tougher on old farts like me. (but I had a few days to practice before the forum was back up)
Did you get the PMs figured out?
Yes I did, thank you. I had like just figured it out when I got the notification of your first response.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent. If you need a nudge in the right direction, feel free to message me any time.
If I don't have an answer, I'll find someone who does.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It happens on posts created with GBATemp v3 (v3+ could render them correctly by converting them on the fly).
XenForo converted only V3+ format.

I could fix it, but it's using v3 tags for picture preview from the old gallery. I don't know if the preview thumbnails are still availables.
I don't have time right now, but I'll do it in few hours if nobody else did it before me.

Edit:
I fixed the post's format.
I couldn't link to thumbnails (doesn't seems online anymore), so I put spoilers for screenshot instead.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some imported posts seem to be cut off.
From what I can tell from my posts they a cut off at "<" sings (as in 1 < 2).

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
My user name has been mysteriously shortened :(

"Smuffthemagicdra" is a bit weird looking.

Can I get it changed please ?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Thought I'd mention that before, the freezing issue was nearly none for me, but now, whenever I load the site, or multiple tabs of GBAtemp, Chrome locks up completely.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really a bug, but it is a nuisance. Sometimes I browse this forum on my netbook and with a 10.1 inch screen, things tend to crowd together, in this case the search bar covers the user panel up along the top where the Alerts and user name tabs are located on the right hand side.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/help/terms

(It's listed under "Help" on the portal)

I would have never guessed o.o

I think at some point a link to "Rules" in the top left of the navbar like it was on the previous forum would be a good idea (not that anyone who needs to look at it end up looking at it, anyway...)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really a bug, but it is a nuisance. Sometimes I browse this forum on my netbook and with a 10.1 inch screen, things tend to crowd together, in this case the search bar covers the user panel up along the top where the Alerts and user name tabs are located on the right hand side.

This happens on my Samsung Galaxy S3 as well, and can also be replicated by making the window narrow (I sometimes have a footy match playing in a window and use a smaller browser window)

Like so:

gjCJC.jpg

Also, is there a 'new posts' function like on the old board? That's pretty much the only way I used to browse the forum, so I'm finding I'm not really visiting as I can't be bothered to go through each forum of interest individually.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens on my Samsung Galaxy S3 as well, and can also be replicated by making the window narrow (I sometimes have a footy match playing in a window and use a smaller browser window)

*snip

Also, is there a 'new posts' function like on the old board? That's pretty much the only way I used to browse the forum, so I'm finding I'm not really visiting as I can't be bothered to go through each forum of interest individually.

I get the same covering issue. It's apparently due to screen resolution. There is a "New Posts" option....actually there are two of them.
You'll find one at the top of this page.
aoBC3.jpg
"What's New" (last link in the light blue bar) will show you all the newest threads. Once you're on the What's New page you have the option
"All Recent Messages" (on the right of the screen) which acts most like the old IPB "New Posts" option.
Yes, it's an extra click, so it's a slight annoyance. Expect that to change eventually.
But it works for now.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar, Vulpes, yeah it does the same thing on my tablet and phone (Nexus 7/Galaxy Nexus, respectively). Quite annoying, but at least if you have a notification the balloon is also a clickable link, which ought to stick above the search box.

And here we go:

Edit - not to pick on the new guy, but you know, yeah...

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Some posts not showing in "Your content"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users