Yet another newbie enters the fray..

Telvin_3D

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Telvin shakes his head sadly as Luse runs by with a bar of soap, seemingly on his way to the "exercise room"

Anyway. Hello from one more of the loonies. Stick around for a while. Have some Grog. And don't feed the animals.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Be wary of Dragonlord's BBQ's, unless you like char-broiled human, with a burnt to a crisp out shell...It melts through your stomach and not in your hand...
biggrin.gif

nobody counted the members so far so... anybody wanna have some BBc?
tongue.gif

Majink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.digitalanarchy.tk
XP
Country
Char broiled human?!?! thats one of my alltime faves! pass me some "Fruit" Pie Dragonlord
tongue.gif
muhaha
*munch**crunch* hmm maybe i better burn off that delectable pie in the "excercise room" then off to the reception to harass the receptionist! ahhhh the life and luxuries of a batchelor!

Majink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.digitalanarchy.tk
XP
Country
hehe it'll be a while before i can say i have one of those.. although.. i am applying for a course in 3d animation as im already a keen 3d modeller.

I might just start a 3d modelling topic in the graphics section hmm.. wuddya think?

Majink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.digitalanarchy.tk
XP
Country
hmm im not sure ive been modelin various things for many a half-life mod and im working with an hl2 mod team right now so... either a lightwave tutorials topic, or possibly a thread where people can come and ask for models to be made. Or if you think of a topic within 3d modelling that you would like to see addressed then let me know.

Majink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.digitalanarchy.tk
XP
Country
yeh we are but our webpage isnt up right now due to the mod leader having some tech troubles you can check out some of my work on my site...(plz ignore crappy img based news as im a newbie html'er Digital Anarchy

[edit] our mod name is Extermination or The Combine we aint quite decided yet [/edit]

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland

Majink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.digitalanarchy.tk
XP
Country
Very nice! that dragon is just awesome.. if you ever need an extra pair of hands to help then im just a PM away. Im head modeller there and since our mod is based in the world of hl2 we dont need any humanoid models so im concentrating on weapons atm. I have worked for 2 mods and one defunct retail game, Gohans Hidden Powers- HL1 mod, Extermination-HL2 mod and Legacy 3d space sim for pc.

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
hm... i'm currently not looking for members but once i get my engine over to rendering the models (i'm currently on the terrain part of the engine and the script language inclusion) i could need somebody with better skills than me.

say... what's your moddb name if you are there too? (mine is the same as here)

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
well i think you should. i'm a hard-coder and not a modeller thus i should be worse than somebody doing models in the first place. also the dragon is a sub-division mesh thus it looks kinda high-poly but in fact the mesh sceleton is damn low-poly...
laugh.gif

http://rptd.dnsalias.net/epsylon/epsylon/s...ealth_crossbow/
have a look at this once. i would like to here the opinion of somebody knowing about animations. i just quickly slammed this together (do not look at the picture. i tried a first skinning but it went horrible
happy.gif
).

Majink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.digitalanarchy.tk
XP
Country
well they look great so far but one thing on the shoot_reload, once the bolt is released you could speed up the drawing back of the bow wire (unless you like it like that) but thats just my opinion
tongue.gif
apart from that "its all gravy" as they say!

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
that the bow is slowly moving back has it's sense. the key principle of the game is not using fire-power to achieve your goals but using your brains. that's why the small number of available 'weapons' (let's call them devices for the moment) are tweaked in a way you can't use them just like this. in this case you can put asleep a guard with one tranquilizer dart but you can't fire them quickly so you have to think if you want to use it if there is more than one or if you wanna try something else to get passed them.

and what's "it's all gravy"? never heard of that expression.

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
*hides*
don't make me go redish... the crossbow still seems a bit strange and the animation sequence of the dragon breaks if you overshoot the leg... and lot-a-things are missing... he has no ears and no tongue... although teeth he has
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: