Homebrew Yet Another Wad Manager Mod

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you were able to read any of the WAD Manager threads recently, or the cIOSx threads, you'd know it only works with IOS 38 as the base.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toejam316 said:
If you were able to read any of the WAD Manager threads recently, or the cIOSx threads, you'd know it only works with IOS 38 as the base.

Are you sure about that?

it looks like support for cIOS249 rev18 was fixed back in r10 but it may be only for IOS38 base.

"r10 - Quick fix for cIOS249 r18"

BTW Wad manager 1.6 will work for sure with cIOS 249 r18\r19 installed using IOS57 as base.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i read that you can use this wad manager with a config file so it doesnt ask you to select your ios every time... i can just select ios 36 in the config and it will not ask again... however it did not come with a config file and i cannot locate instructions on how to create one. can someone send me thiers? so i can edit it how i need. also where do i put it? in the yawmm folder in apps?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
; wm_config.txt resides in sd:/wad, and it is optional. You will get all the prompts if you don't have this file.
; The param keywords are case-sensitive at this point.
; No spaces precede the keyword on a line
; If you don't have a password in the config file, the default is no password
; If you don't have a startupPath, the default is /wad
; If you don't have any of the other parameters, it will prompt you for it
; To bypass any of the params, just comment out the line using a ";" at the beginning of the line
; Blank lines are ignored.
;
; Password=your_password (LRUD only, where L=left, R=right, U=up, D=down on the WiiMote or GC;Controller, max 10 characters)
; StartupPath=startupPath (starting at the root dir "/"). Be sure that the path exists, else you will get an error.
;
;Password=
StartupPath=/WAD

; Example of StartupPath at the root of the SD card
StartupPath=/WAD

; cIOS: 249, 222, whatever
cIOSVersion=249

; FatDevice: sd usb usb2 gcsda gcsdb
;FatDevice=sd

; NANDDevice: Disable SD USB
; Note that WM will prompt for NAND device only if you selected cIOS=249
NANDDevice=Disable

edit as needed, save as "wm_config.txt" and place it in your SD:/WAD folder

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
Code:
; wm_config.txt resides in sd:/wad, and it is optional. You will get all the prompts if you don't have this file.
; The param keywords are case-sensitive at this point.
; No spaces precede the keyword on a line
; If you don't have a password in the config file, the default is no password
; If you don't have a startupPath, the default is /wad
; If you don't have any of the other parameters, it will prompt you for it
; To bypass any of the params, just comment out the line using a ";" at the beginning of the line
; Blank lines are ignored.
;
; Password=your_password (LRUD only, where L=left, R=right, U=up, D=down on the WiiMote or GC;Controller, max 10 characters)
; StartupPath=startupPath (starting at the root dir "/"). Be sure that the path exists, else you will get an error.
;
;Password=
StartupPath=/WAD

; Example of StartupPath at the root of the SD card
StartupPath=/WAD

; cIOS: 249, 222, whatever
cIOSVersion=249

; FatDevice: sd usb usb2 gcsda gcsdb
;FatDevice=sd

; NANDDevice: Disable SD USB
; Note that WM will prompt for NAND device only if you selected cIOS=249
NANDDevice=Disable

Thank you pepxl. much appreciated

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
bula said:
toejam316 said:

Are you sure about that?

it looks like support for cIOS249 rev18 was fixed back in r10 but it may be only for IOS38 base.

BTW Wad manager 1.6 will work for sure with cIOS 249 r18\r19 installed using IOS57 as base.
the quick fix is just for the new path for usb 2.0 in the echi module. IIRC only IOS38/36 based cIOS can be used for installation as there are additional security features in IOS57/60/70 which prevents this.
cIOSx 18 (and probably 19) don't install anything to slot 250, so set that as your default IOS and run off it - it'll use Rev 17 (or the last rev you had) to install WADs.

Also, quick bug report, if there isn't a WAD directory on the root of a device, it cannot be accessed.
Tested by attempting to access the SD card I ran the app off, versus my USB 2.0 HDD which had a WAD directory.
I'm assuming this is a bug, could you fix it so that if no WAD directory is found it'll go to the device root instead?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nobs: Finally got to mess around with this. Works wonderfully! Reads my HD w/out any problems (where i've had problems with others, due to partition locations). I tried some multi-installs and it's purdy
wink.gif

And until i can make my own forwarder for it (unless someone else does it), it's taken the place of the boot.dol in my wadmanager folder/forwarder
wink.gif

pepxl said:
Code:
*snipped*

Oh! Thanks for this
smile.gif
I haven't done much with config stuff and i'm glad to know about this. (222 + usb2 ftw
wink.gif
)

(and i'm always happy to learn more about these things)

EDIT: shit, i overuse emoticons...

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything you can do about it failing to find my flash drive after detecting my WBFS drive in the other port? All wad managers give me a -1 error when my WBFS drive is on. Would like to be able to install wads from my flash drive while the WBFS drive is on.

Oh, I forgot to mention the top part is cut off in case nobody else has mentioned it. I think it is because my tv is widescreen and the image is not but I'm not sure.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
toejam316 said:
bula said:
toejam316 said:

Are you sure about that?

the quick fix is just for the new path for usb 2.0 in the echi module. IIRC only IOS38/36 based cIOS can be used for installation as there are additional security features in IOS57/60/70 which prevents this.
cIOSx 18 (and probably 19) don't install anything to slot 250, so set that as your default IOS and run off it - it'll use Rev 17 (or the last rev you had) to install WADs.

Also, quick bug report, if there isn't a WAD directory on the root of a device, it cannot be accessed.
Tested by attempting to access the SD card I ran the app off, versus my USB 2.0 HDD which had a WAD directory.
I'm assuming this is a bug, could you fix it so that if no WAD directory is found it'll go to the device root instead?

Comments about Wad manager 1.6 were right, sorry. It does work with IOS 57 base.
I suppose it's just a case of waiting for the changes to be implemented now.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
toejam316 said:
Comments about Wad manager 1.6 were right, sorry. It does work with IOS 57 base.

Just tried 1.6 with rev18/19 base 57 and it didn't work with my HDD and I still got error -1029 when installing fakesigned wads.

What exactly does 1.6 do that this doesn't and people want?

EDIT:
toejam316 said:

It already had that
wink.gif
I just had to stop it trying to load the ehcmodule for hermess cIOSs, and put IOS249 last in the IOSs tried at startup.

QUOTE said:

I didn't know that.

Will do.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toejam316 said:

This does not work for me, with fake signed wads at least.. perhaps with properly signed wads only

QUOTEcIOSx 18 (and probably 19) don't install anything to slot 250, so set that as your default IOS and run off it - it'll use Rev 17 (or the last rev you had) to install WADs.

This is incorrect, i tested it with triiforce, i deleted 249/250 with ATD installed rev 17 triiforce works from 250, i installed Rev 19 and 250 stopped working for triiforce, they both have maxed out V#'s though so maybe thats why this misconception not sure

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
toejam316 said:
are u sure about this? I dumped cIOS250 after installing rev18 (57) and again after installing rev 18 (38) and the sizes of the wads were different... according to you, these should not have been touched by either installation, so it doesn't make sense for them to be different sizes.

I really think u r mistaken, but either way, I'd like to get to the bottom of this, I don't care if I am proven wrong, I just want to get the facts straight

edit: just read Skater4599's post before mine... it looks like he and I agree. So in my opinion, it has been confirmed, the new installers still install to both IOS249 AND IOS250 (maybe this will change in future releases, but from rev10 up to rev19, it installs to both slots, rev 9 and under only installs to IOS249)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xflak40 said:
toejam316 said:
are u sure about this? I dumped cIOS250 after installing rev18 (57) and again after installing rev 18 (38) and the sizes of the wads were different... according to you, these should not have been touched by either installation, so it doesn't make sense for them to be different sizes.

I really think u r mistaken, but either way, I'd like to get to the bottom of this, I don't care if I am proven wrong, I just want to get the facts straight

edit: just read Skater4599's post before mine... it looks like he and I agree. So in my opinion, it has been confirmed, the new installers still install to both IOS249 AND IOS250 (maybe this will change in future releases, but from rev10 up to rev19, it installs to both slots, rev 9 and under only installs to IOS249)

+1 xflak40

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
KiiWii said:
xflak40 said:
toejam316 said:

+1 xflak40

+2

250 has always been installed by the installer since rev 10 but like said wani can always change his mind on this in future revs

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would like to say thanks and request a feature.

I had really been wanting a wad manager to replace the one from wiinja. This one is even better, thank you for the work you put into this. If you are still taking requests, can you add an action function that lets you move wads to different locations on your HDD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi