Gaming Your opinion of "launch" title looks?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Will wait for games later, launch title doesn't look THAT good
Compared to 3DS though... looks a lot better.

It has almost all genres anyone could wish for covered. Some good AA games like Disgaea and Katamari. Fighting games, racing games, etc.
Don't forget that the vita is region-free; you'll be able to port a bunch of Japanese vita games, so that you can play them on a US/EUR/whatever psv right on its launch date (although they'll be in Jap). ;)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unless the Vita gets hacked like the PSP was, it's simply not worth getting. 250$ for something this is far too much.

Net_Bastard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncharted GA looks awesome, and Modnation Racers looks like it will FAR exceed Mario Kart 7 in fun. Killzone looks good, Little Big Planet might be alright, and Gravity Daze looks absolutely AMAZING. I also heard that Payday: The Heist would be ported to it, and that game definitely would be better suited to a handheld. I know that most of those aren't launch titles, but I'm just stating the games I'm looking out for.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Uncharted GA looks awesome, and Modnation Racers looks like it will FAR exceed Mario Kart 7 in fun. Killzone looks good, Little Big Planet might be alright, and Gravity Daze looks absolutely AMAZING. I also heard that Payday: The Heist would be ported to it, and that game definitely would be better suited to a handheld. I know that most of those aren't launch titles, but I'm just stating the games I'm looking out for.
That isn't going to hold up (although I'm really hoping it does, I LOVE MARIO KART, Mario Kart on the PSV would make it a day-0 purchase for me. MNR is going to be way less fun that Mario Kart I think, Mario Kart is sort of a guarantee for good games IMHO. They haven't fucked up a single time with those series, god I love it.

Net_Bastard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That isn't going to hold up (although I'm really hoping it does, I LOVE MARIO KART, Mario Kart on the PSV would make it a day-0 purchase for me. MNR is going to be way less fun that Mario Kart I think, Mario Kart is sort of a guarantee for good games IMHO. They haven't fucked up a single time with those series, god I love it.

I had more fun with the first MNR on the PS3 than any Mario Kart title. And I played 64 and DS, the supposed peaks of the series. I know it's down to opinion, but I still can't understand why some people prefer MK. MNR's drift mechanics felt so right and the items aren't cheap spamfests like MK's. Sure some of the official tracks are a bit bland but that's what the robust-as-fuck track creator is for.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Warrior522 @ Apr 17 2011, 12:59 PM)
Sony can go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned. UNLESS it can be hacked to emulate Gamecube, in which case I will get it ASAP.
Unless Sony makes their handheld easily hackable, it's all good?

Yeah, okay.

Go buy a Gamecube and get over yourself.

Well... Considering the looks of this.... this....whatever the hell it is. I'd say the same thing. I'll pass...

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already have the vita preordered with quite a few games, but the one game I want the most is MLB12: The Show, which comes out about 2 weeks after the vita launches in the US. I'm a huge baseball fan and can easily put in well over 1000 hours each year on the new MLB The Show titles.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
As of now, I'm looking forward to Uncharted GA, LBP and possibly Killzone.

As for the rest, nah not too interested. I'm not too fond of racing games, Gravity Rush I say looks simply marvelous but I want to know the actual control scheme. There are more games to look out for but I'll just wait for the console to launch for a couple of weeks.

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
CTR > MK&MNR.
Thank god for PSN and PSX Classics. :)

Launch list seems decent, nothing worth first paying 250$ for a console to play it tho.
Still got games on PSP game library to cover 2012.
Prolly gonna take a new look at this after army and checking the current hack scene around Vita.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
CTR > MK&MNR.

Launch list seems decent, nothing worth first paying 250$ for a console to play it tho.
Prolly gonna take a new look at this after army and checking the current hack scene around Vita.
I didn't like CTR that much to be honest, I completed it on the PSX but the PSP version wasn't that fun. Just didn't feel right. Of course I remember the great multiplayer on the PSX, but to call it better than Mario Kart is a bridge too far for me and many gamers.

I had more fun with the first MNR on the PS3 than any Mario Kart title. And I played 64 and DS, the supposed peaks of the series. I know it's down to opinion, but I still can't understand why some people prefer MK. MNR's drift mechanics felt so right and the items aren't cheap spamfests like MK's. Sure some of the official tracks are a bit bland but that's what the robust-as-fuck track creator is for.
I only played MNR PSP and didn't like it one bit, way too many menu's, racing felt clunky, couldn't get into it and dropped it after 30 minutes. Maybe I'll give it another chance but I really think Mario Kart is the better series.

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
CTR > MK&MNR.

I didn't like CTR that much to be honest, I completed it on the PSX but the PSP version wasn't that fun. Just didn't feel right. Of course I remember the great multiplayer on the PSX, but to call it better than Mario Kart is a bridge too far for me and many gamers.

I'm prolly being biased on this since I grew up with CTR and only touched MK when the DS version came out. But as you mentioned, the multiplayer made the game worth it and imo, I prefer the CTR's fast paced action over MK's somewhat slower.(+I got fricking tired of the slide turbo boost - system of MK on NDS after a short while - so hard on your thumb!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A PSX-PSP conversion or the PSP game? CTR has had shit sequels after the original but the original is a masterpiece. I also would rank it as the best kart racer ever.

I only played MNR PSP and didn't like it one bit, way too many menu's, racing felt clunky, couldn't get into it and dropped it after 30 minutes. Maybe I'll give it another chance but I really think Mario Kart is the better series.

Eh, it's odd. I felt the same thing about the racing but I tried it again and it felt different. It's a bit more challenging and takes some getting used to but it's pretty good once you give it a shot. Plus the whole array of customization options gives you a lot to do. I'm pretty hyped for the Vita version, that's for sure.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

A PSX-PSP conversion or the PSP game? CTR has had shit sequels after the original but the original is a masterpiece. I also would rank it as the best kart racer ever.
PSX-PSP conversion, didn't even consider the PSP game. I know you would rank it the best kart racer ever, I've seen you around here ;) But I don't agree, MK DS and MK Wii are too good and fun to ignore IMHO. Especially the latter, I loved the Ghost mode and monthly competitions.

Eh, it's odd. I felt the same thing about the racing but I tried it again and it felt different. It's a bit more challenging and takes some getting used to but it's pretty good once you give it a shot. Plus the whole array of customization options gives you a lot to do. I'm pretty hyped for the Vita version, that's for sure.

I'll give it another shot then, hopefully the loading times aren't too bad on the Vita either because that's about the only thing I remember of the PSP version; menu's too long and clunky, loading times horrible.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give it another shot then, hopefully the loading times aren't too bad on the Vita either because that's about the only thing I remember of the PSP version; menu's too long and clunky, loading times horrible.

Hm, I never really remembered the loading times being bad, but I agree with the menus. I'm guessing the Vita one will be a bit more like the PS3 version. The PSP version did get significantly lower scores so I doubt they'll make the same mistakes again.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually really like the look of Gravity Daze - it looks unique and different. I'm not fond of how they're handling Uncharted, though, and that Naughty Dog aren't making the game themselves is almost as big of a problem for me as the game merely being one extended tech demo of all the Vita's functions. So, in all honesty, the launch titles aren't really doing enough for me. For the first time ever, I won't be getting a console at launch.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually really like the look of Gravity Daze - it looks unique and different. I'm not fond of how they're handling Uncharted, though, and that Naughty Dog aren't making the game themselves is almost as big of a problem for me as the game merely being one extended tech demo of all the Vita's functions. So, in all honesty, the launch titles aren't really doing enough for me. For the first time ever, I won't be getting a console at launch.

Uncharted lets you go with either touch screen controls or stick completely to buttons, however. So if you don't like the whole "touch screen climbing" thing, you can just use normal controls. Which I think is rather genius.

And usually the main dev of a series don't handle the handheld spinoffs. It was the same deal with the PSP Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, God of War, Syphon Filter, etc. games. But they were all pretty decent.

But I don't know if I'll bother with Uncharted: GA at launch, definitely not over MNR, Ruin, or UMvC3.

Net_Bastard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Trust me; the PS3 version is awesome. There's a hub world in the PS3 version instead of menus. There's 8-player online with voice chat. And the racing feels amazing with the PS3 controller, especially if you have trigger extensions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~