Your Opinions on Piracy?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 17,809
  • Replies 218
D

Deleted User

OP
How many threads have discussed this? Still nothing bad.

If you'd ask me this 3 years ago I would have posted the exact opposite to my opinion now. I buy all my games now; between sales or a long awaited game I can afford it now. Then again I barely play as much as I do.

Piracy is wrong, but I believe that the claims of how much it hurts the industry (gaming or otherwise) is overflated and inaccurate.

I honestly agree that piracy is wrong, the only reason why I do it is because I'm a poor bastard.
Hopefully that changes soon

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always love these threads tho lol its like thief group therapy y'all get together to try and justify your theft to yourselves and the world, hilarious.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always love these threads tho lol its like thief group therapy y'all get together to try and justify your theft to yourselves and the world, hilarious.

That's nice, but...most of us really don't give a damn. :creep: We needn't hear the diatribes and shenanigans of anti-piracy soothsayers.

Reactions: Margen67

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh look!
Another opinion on piracy thread.

Imho, anyone that knows how to hack a console, knows how to patch games if needed, knows how to steer clear of getting banned etc and has a bit of common sense can pirate.
Some people just don't deserve it.
Like that lad who got angry that he couldn't get a Gateway...

Reactions: 2Hack and VinsCool

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
"Piracy" Well it doesn't really matter what my opinion is, its stealing end of discussion. You might try to justify your reasons doing it to yourself and others, but its still stealing. I may do it myself but atleast I know its wrong:P Never really understood these kinds of threads I guess its like a support group for pirates.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I honestly agree that piracy is wrong, the only reason why I do it is because I'm a poor bastard.
Hopefully that changes soon

Meh. I don't believe piracy is wronger than... not sorting your waste like a good citizen.
It is not right, you should sort your waste, but nobody will die if you throw some glass in the plastics bin.

Reactions: Deleted User

kyogo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've encountered game piracy since NES days but I wasn't aware of it. It is a yin to their yang, a balance. A console can be good, but it can be greater if you can unlock its full potential.

The first piracy that I was aware of was when I bought a Chrono Trigger cartridge clone or whatever you call it-- it was really cheap. I enjoyed the game, so I bought the original cartridge because the game deserves a full support.
Yes piracy can be wrong specially when the game is really good-- but do you think it's right for them to rip us off by making a half-assed game not worth our money? Now that's stealing.
We have rights. We can do whatever we want to and not just piracy. What we should really worry about is the growing, pathetic, money-grabbing mobile gaming which can potentially harm the console/handheld gaming industry.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The usual.

I'm for the piracy with the intent to preserve the original files, I'm against the "I have no money yet I spent $5 on this latte". I applaud those who exported unknown coin-op games on the web, while I flip off the ones who uploaded Bayonetta.

Oh, and I have a special kind of disrespect for those who use piracy as a way to make money. Those are the worst and can go fuck themselves.

EDIT: and let's not forget about the piracy to play things with a hugely overinflated price. Go play your Flinstones on the NES online, I don't care. If anything, serves the scalpers right.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Eh, I think it is something that the gaming industry really needs to learn to embrace and play it properly. Games like Game Dev Tycoon, Mine Craft, and such. They acknowledge that it is a thing that they can not prevent, and instead tip toe around it and find the correct way to play the general pirates.

Games like Jack the assassinator pirate IVinb4 someone thinks it's a real game that just put out a "game" rather than an actual game kind of deserve to be crushed.
Games like Shovel Knight and such, are going to benefit from it. They get publicity from it, and people that are willing to pay, will pay when they realize that it is in fact a good game and worth the support. When something is free, it reaches more people, who in turn start to spread the word.

Nintendo is known for releasing obsolete tech because they insist on making a profit on each console. This protects them from any potential damage, and in a way, which supports them in pumping out games; with or without piracy being rampant.I won't go into the subject of Sony and Microsoft as I don't know enough about their scenes.

I know a lot of people picked up n3DS consoles because they could pirate. I know many people also picked up the OG3DS in the first place, for piracy. People will buy the wiiU eventually once piracy is up and running. It is just going to happen whether you like it or not, so devs should just learn to play these pirates in the right way.

Spaqin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As a single person, me pirating or not will not change anything. And I can just enjoy some games I wouldn't before as a broke student.

I don't pirate much on PC though, the prices are low and profits from having a legit copy are too high.

Free market. I consider service of pirates' better than Nintendo's, but lower than Valve's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Noctosphere @ Noctosphere: Is TCK some kind of Clanchit follower?