Translation Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - Translation Project

YamiRaziel

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Considering how many people have contributed with knowledge and experience in this thread over the years, I'm really hoping somebody will be willing to help me out a bit!

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Considering how many people have contributed with knowledge and experience in this thread over the years, I'm really hoping somebody will be willing to help me out a bit!
This is a spacing issue, basically it means that you need to look into the GE debugger, it should lead you to where the processor is getting the character width value, it should be a table most likely, if not, and since the game is using utf-16 and a most complete font, it's a case of characters not having a width value so they default to one.

Based on your last response, if you don't understand what any of this is, you're most likely asking in the wrong place, i suggest you check in romhacking forums for help on the matter.

P.S.: no one will do it for you, you need to learn about how to see what's behind the curtain.

YamiRaziel

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
This is a spacing issue, basically it means that you need to look into the GE debugger, it should lead you to where the processor is getting the character width value, it should be a table most likely, if not, and since the game is using utf-16 and a most complete font, it's a case of characters not having a width value so they default to one.

Based on your last response, if you don't understand what any of this is, you're most likely asking in the wrong place, i suggest you check in romhacking forums for help on the matter.

P.S.: no one will do it for you, you need to learn about how to see what's behind the curtain.

Thank you for the information YuseiFD.
I understood what you said, but I'm pretty sure I won't have the knowledge to figure out how to fix it.

That being said, I'll check the forums to see if I can figure it out.

I don't expect anyone to do it for me, I was just hoping people can share some knowledge or documentation based on their past experience with the game.
I'm heavily relying on the knowledge and tools mentioned in this thread and I'm simply looking to attempt to translate the cards and possibly story. It hasn't been my aim to attempt to do proper romhacking all on my own since I'm aware I don't currently have the necessary knowledge to even begin.

Anyway, thank you very much for the pointers - knowing it should be possible to fix at least gives me more motivation to check it out. Please do let me know if you have any other things that can help me in my quest.

• Love
Reactions: YuseiFD

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the information YuseiFD.
I understood what you said, but I'm pretty sure I won't have the knowledge to figure out how to fix it.

That being said, I'll check the forums to see if I can figure it out.

I don't expect anyone to do it for me, I was just hoping people can share some knowledge or documentation based on their past experience with the game.
I'm heavily relying on the knowledge and tools mentioned in this thread and I'm simply looking to attempt to translate the cards and possibly story. It hasn't been my aim to attempt to do proper romhacking all on my own since I'm aware I don't currently have the necessary knowledge to even begin.

Anyway, thank you very much for the pointers - knowing it should be possible to fix at least gives me more motivation to check it out. Please do let me know if you have any other things that can help me in my quest.
The chinese translation team did it, and they did it the hard way, since the font was missing most chinese kanji, and the game uses system fonts, they used a special fontlib.prx, it won't help you though

JasonYangGang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AI have the same issue ,it happens to me every time i go back using the Continue for the game,with or without Install data enabled.
Fixed it by clearing install data in ppsspp\memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA\ULJM05940DAT
Post automatically merged:

AI have the same issue ,it happens to me every time i go back using the Continue for the game,with or without Install data enabled.
Fixed it by deleting install data at \memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA\ULJM05940DAT

GoldenDarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I want version 1.1 to run as fast as the old version 0.4. Can someone please provide me with a 60fps cheat?
Thank you !
1696601475483.png

Last edited by GoldenDarkness,
Reactions: yugo450

Yuklesio93

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Does anyone know of a cheat, or a mod/patch that cuts out the character's dialog boxes and voice lines?

Instead of having to hear things like "My turn!", "I draw!", "I set a card face-down!", "I activate a spell card!" etc. Is there some sort of way to disable those things entirely?

I've seen a couple of users on YouTube that have this. but I've had no luck so far in finding out how they did it.

In addition to TF6, I'd also like to know how to enable this for TF7 / ARC V TFS as well.

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know of a cheat, or a mod/patch that cuts out the character's dialog boxes and voice lines?

Instead of having to hear things like "My turn!", "I draw!", "I set a card face-down!", "I activate a spell card!" etc. Is there some sort of way to disable those things entirely?

I've seen a couple of users on YouTube that have this. but I've had no luck so far in finding out how they did it.

In addition to TF6, I'd also like to know how to enable this for TF7 / ARC V TFS as well.
Not sure what you are talking about exactly, can you show me one of these videos please ?

YUNGSama

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello hello everyone, I am truly admirative of all the work you guys have put into this project and as an avid fan of yu gi oh, it's a dream come true to see this.

I'm aware that there is a yearly update every december of the translation patch, nevertheless, if someone has the latest patch, I'd be very grateful if they can pm it to me as I can't seem to get ahold of it.

Thanks in advance :)

Nightofday101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a cheat to accomplish that. But there were certain cards I couldn't remove (except for Mimicry). Also, I never figured out how to remove restrictions on partner decks.
What cheat was it if you don't mind me asking
Post automatically merged:

I used a cheat to accomplish that. But there were certain cards I couldn't remove (except for Mimicry). Also, I never figured out how to remove restrictions on partner decks.
What cheat was that

Yuklesio93

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Not sure what you are talking about exactly, can you show me one of these videos please ?
Sure thing, here's one video (start @ 2:00 mins. if the video doesn't start automatically):

Notice how no one in the video says things like "My turn!", "I draw!", "I set a card face-down!", "I activate a spell card!" etc. All of them just keep playing the game without any text bubbles, or voiceover files.

Here's a video in contrast to the one above that shows how the NPCs in the game usually talk:

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure thing, here's one video (start @ 2:00 mins. if the video doesn't start automatically):

Notice how no one in the video says things like "My turn!", "I draw!", "I set a card face-down!", "I activate a spell card!" etc. All of them just keep playing the game without any text bubbles, or voiceover files.

Here's a video in contrast to the one above that shows how the NPCs in the game usually talk:

You realize you can disable duel effects from the settings, right ? Duel effects are voice overs and subtitles...

Reactions: Yuklesio93

Yuklesio93

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You realize you can disable duel effects from the settings, right ? Duel effects are voice overs and subtitles...
Ahaha, you're right. Oh, wow, I'm not sure how I missed that, sorry about that :D

One last question, is there a widescreen patch or some sort of mod to make these two games look better?

Currently, I'm playing both TF6 and TF7 @ 6x Render Resolution on PPSSPP, and while the games do look significantly better compared to running it at native resolution, the 2D artwork and sprites all look kinda blurry, and aliasing is all over the place (even tho I have 4x MSAA enabled).

Any recommendations on how to fix this (if possible)?

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahaha, you're right. Oh, wow, I'm not sure how I missed that, sorry about that :D

One last question, is there a widescreen patch or some sort of mod to make these two games look better?

Currently, I'm playing both TF6 and TF7 @ 6x Render Resolution on PPSSPP, and while the games do look significantly better compared to running it at native resolution, the 2D artwork and sprites all look kinda blurry, and aliasing is all over the place (even tho I have 4x MSAA enabled).

Any recommendations on how to fix this (if possible)?
I think people made some texture packs, just look a few pages back in this thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub: