Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist Announced

yugiohlegacyoftheduelistimage-555x369.png
Konami has officially announced that Yu-Gi-Oh! will be returning to consoles for the next generation this summer. Featuring over 6,600 cards and over 90 characters, Legacy of the Duelists sees elite Duelists entering the Duelist Simulator, simulating the best Duels from Yu-Gi-Oh’s history. This means you can replay actual events from the TV series, featuring the storylines, characters, and decks in a new campaign. The game will be for PS4 and Xbox One and will be priced at $19.99

Yu-Gi-Oh-Legacy-of-the-Duelist-06-04-15-5.png Yu-Gi-Oh-Legacy-of-the-Duelist-06-04-15-3.jpg Yu-Gi-Oh-Legacy-of-the-Duelist-06-04-15-4.png

:arrow: Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist Official Site

D

Deleted User

You would think about now that they would have actual monsters, spells, traps, etc attacking each other, but I guess even after so long, that's too much work.
3D Pokémon games have been doing it since the 90s and though they recycled them between Pokémon Stadium - Battle Revolution, they did a complete overhaul of each old and new Pokémon on 3DS.

All they need to do for YuGiOh is make an idle animation, a close range attack animation and a long range animation and it's not like they have to do it for every monster, since they could recycle animations between most of them. For spells, traps and monster effects the least they could do is generic special effects carried across multiple cards eg the anime's spellbinding circle animation for traps that stop monsters attacking like Spellbinding Circle and Nightmare Wheel.

D

Deleted User

You can also stream it to windows Phone and tablets right? I believe that would be my thing If I had any of those.
I'd assume so. I'm pretty sure the tablet OS is the same as the desktop one and Microsoft's first party Windows 10 apps are supposed to be a one size fits all for PC/tablet and phone I think.

soluuloi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From the source, it says that there'll be DLC decks. Anyone have any rough estimate of how much of the card collection is from DLC, based on previous games? I haven't played a Yu-Gi-Oh game since Duelists of the Roses, so coming from a game that allows me to get every card possible, I wanna know if it's worth the money.
Probably some later packs. Currently, there are nearly 7500 cards which means at least 900 cards and a ton of new cards that have yet to make appearance.

What! This is a thing now?! Geeez. I stopped keeping track after synchro summons, this just sounds insane. :/
It's not that bad actually. You can rarely do that. And even if you can, it is not wise to do so. However, certain deck can summon 3 bosses, fill his hand with ton of cards and destroy your monsters here and there in one turn...yeah...

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I miss when Exodia was a thing :/
He still is, and he still is used in tournies. Fucking annoying to play against since people who have him just play decks that are designed to draw cards and waste time. Oftentimes it's even an FTK.

They are the reason so many good cards are banned. Because you can't ban exodia.

Reactions: CathyRina

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
PS4 and XBOX One only?
I don't think that any new game is gonna launch in previous gen, save for the ones that are promised(and began development long ago when the PS360 were still a thing) to launch there like MGS V and Persona 5. everyone(even indies) are rocking new devkits. as for Wii U....... we all know the story. I'd liked to see how they would took advantage of the gamepad here.

They need to make a sequel to the bullshit that was Forbidden Memories. :P
As non Yu-Gi-Oh that was the game(for the rules I say), it was a solid card game of it's own.

after reading about summons and stuff I'm happy I dropped Yu-Gi-Oh in favor of Mitos y Legendas(Myths and Legends) when I was in highschool. that card game is of the easy to learn hard to master kind.

Guess we need all this processing power to show some cards on screen nowadays.
Guess the puny DVD's of the X360 couldn't hold all that cards in at least decent resolution, aside of what I said above too.

D

Deleted User

Probably some later packs. Currently, there are nearly 7500 cards which means at least 900 cards and a ton of new cards that have yet to make appearance.
There's less than 7000 if you don't count OCG exclusive cards and so far this game hasn't been announced for OCG territories
Guess the puny DVD's of the X360 couldn't hold all that cards in at least decent resolution, aside of what I said above too.
All the 360 and PS3 Yu-Gi-Oh games were download exclusive so disc size shouldn't be an issue in that regard.

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Im am going disregard this game as bad already. Not only is it going to be nearly 400 cards short from Tag Force Special but I'm willing to bet that unlike Tag Force Special you'll only be able to get new decks and such from DLC. I for one am totally against this practice and it's one of the reasons that Yugioh has gone down hill. I don't understand why they don't localise Tag Force Special for the 3DS (without being retarded and having the game butchered in localisation) and the PSP and Vita and that would make everyone happy.

Konami don't care about us over here at all. I am never buying another Yugioh game until they bring out something decent. You guys should too.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im am going disregard this game as bad already. Not only is it going to be nearly 400 cards short from Tag Force Special but I'm willing to bet that unlike Tag Force Special you'll only be able to get new decks and such from DLC. I for one am totally against this practice and it's one of the reasons that Yugioh has gone down hill. I don't understand why they don't localise Tag Force Special for the 3DS (without being retarded and having the game butchered in localisation) and the PSP and Vita and that would make everyone happy.

Konami don't care about us over here at all. I am never buying another Yugioh game until they bring out something decent. You guys should too.
To be fair Tag force games have Anime exclusive cards so it's all natural that this game would have less cards. Also it's highly probable that Banned cards don't even exist in this game like many banned cards did in Duel Carnival.
Also I'm not against purchasing new booster packs as DLC if I unlock them permanently in the game and have to buy them with ingame money to get the cards. This way the game could stay relevant even in 5 years and we wouldn't have to buy a second game. If it's anything like in YGO Online this game is going to suck badly though.

But yeah I agree they should localize that PSP game.

Mikesahhh

Mikes
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this game will play/have the option to speed up the game, Playing the previous Xbox 360 arcade games were almost unbearably slow, A card like Pot of Duality animations would take like 20 seconds or something lol

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hell yeah, this looks good.

Not sure if I'm gonna be bothered without the "All cards unlocked" cheat, since none of the 2 consoles are hacked yet. :lol:

Last edited by Ra1d,

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that the case with cards will be like in Duel Generation, they will give you lame cards for free points and good cards that they give will be banned (maybe some good card that can be used but from that it will be hard to make a deck with a same theme because those cards will be from different decks) and other good packs and theme decks will be for money and I don't like that fact I mean if you are buying a game you should have all options free. I mean it is good that they are bringing more Yugioh games but they are doing it on very bad way. I don't own any of Ps4 or Xboxone so I will be skip this Yugioh game unless they bring it to PC too.

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we're throwing YGO games out there, I really enjoyed Dawn of Destiny for the original Xbox and the GX Spirit Caller game for DS. So much nostalgia.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pendulum summoning works like how it does in the anime right?
Set two scale monsters and summon the monsters from your hand that are between the two scale monster's level?

My brother in law retired from official tournaments due to the pendulum summoning. He had just made the top 25,000 world wide list of players when this shit was introduced. Now he is playing magic the gathering, which some how has managed to remain less overly convoluted then yu-gi-oh.

Reactions: GameWinner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...