• Replies 1,200
  • Likes 104

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
i got it to work using a older version of vjoy, sorceforge is broken, im curious, does the touchscreen work as a cstick in 0.4? im using 0.2 atm and im sorry for my agresssion in my earlier post, i was very fustrated X(

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it to work using a older version of vjoy, sorceforge is broken, im curious, does the touchscreen work as a cstick in 0.4? im using 0.2 atm and im sorry for my agresssion in my earlier post, i was very fustrated X(

The link I posted is the most current vjoy and no there is no c-stick support in 0.4

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
The link I posted is the most current vjoy and no there is no c-stick support in 0.4

you missread my post i said can the touchscreen be used AS a cstick because in the main post it says touchscreen can be use a joystick j.w if it maps rx,ry axis in vjoy for touchscreen so it functions like a touchpad cstick?

Anyone?

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you missread my post i said can the touchscreen be used AS a cstick because in the main post it says touchscreen can be use a joystick j.w if it maps rx,ry axis in vjoy for touchscreen so it functions like a touchpad cstick?

Anyone?
You can use the touch screen as a joystick in the most recent version.

Touch: JOYSTICK

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can do either.

Setting MOUSE SPEED to 0 will make the touch coordinate translate directly to a desktop coordinate.

Setting MOUSE SPEED to 1 or above will make the touch screen swipe to move the mouse.

Ant00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with this: I set TAP to NONE, but when I touch the keyboard, it writes the letter plus 'n'. Do you know why this happens?
I'm using 0.4.

DinnerSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should be getting homebrew set up on my 3DS in a day or so, so I can't actually test it, but from what I'm reading you're adding the ability to stream what's on the PC screen to the 3DS screen, correct? Are there any chances of being able to do this in 3D, splitting the screen down the middle and putting one for the left eye and one for the right? As silly as it sounds, I'd love to play something like Sonic Generations HD in 3D, or use it for other stereoscopic games or YouTube videos.

I'd even be happy with just a quick and easy way to view 3D screenshots, if a single image of the screen each press is what it does, though I don't even know if it'll be on the top or bottom screen even. From glancing around a good bit of homebrew seems to use the top screen just for text output, and given this is a controller program I would understand if priority wasn't put on fancy widescreen stereoscopic features.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
You can do either.

Setting MOUSE SPEED to 0 will make the touch coordinate translate directly to a desktop coordinate.

Setting MOUSE SPEED to 1 or above will make the touch screen swipe to move the mouse.

do you think you could make a desmume mode where for touch screen where the touch area only fits inside the mouse click area on the desmume screen so we could have accurate touches when playing desmume, i will most definitely pay for your brew for premium features like that, it would make this the most must have brew for anyone who uses that emulator.

here is an example of what i mean
6HelUP0.png

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it looks like VNC "application mode" where you select the application to display instead of the full dual screen desktop.
you choose to display either :
- full dual screen area
- single screen area
- limited area (select application)

broadcasting the area picture on the bottom screen would be great too!
if it's fast enough, you could even play OSU :lol:)
(an option to switch/select application directly from the homebrew would be ideal)

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So Yoshi, whats the word of the next update?
Well, at the moment I am working on screenshot streaming, but it is the most difficult part of the application.

It is not as simple as:
- Create screenshot as bitmap buffer,
- Resize to 400x240,
- Convert to 24bpp,
- Send bitmap,
- Receive bitmap,
- Copy bitmap to framebuffer,

Because there is one fatal flaw with this approach that makes streaming challenging:

A 400x240 24pp bitmap is 288000 (400 * 240 * 3) bytes. The maximum size of a 3DS buffer is 4096 bytes.

Because of this, there are some additional steps I must add:

- Resize to 400x240,
- Convert to 24bpp,
- Compress with JPEG,
- Split JPEG into chunks,
- Send chunks one by one,
- Receive chunks,
- Rebuild chunks into complete JPEG buffer,
- Decompress JPEG,

At the moment, I've been able to create a JPEG screenshot; I now need to split it into chunks and send it.

I won't release it as soon as it works because there are also some options I would like to add alongside screenshot streaming first, such as screenshot throttling, screenshot quality, windowed screenshot (rather than screenshotting the whole screen), etc. People will complain if I release it before it is completely configurable. Also I currently have no donators so there won't be a beta version.

I'm also busy with other things, so it may be a while until this is finished, but it will be finished eventually!

I have a n3ds and ninjhax, can I test for you please :3
Yes. Once I've finished screenshot streaming New 3DS buttons are the next thing on my list. I will send it to you for testing before it is released.

Derverd

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, at the moment I am working on screenshot streaming, but it is the most difficult part of the application.

It is not as simple as:
- Resize to 400x240,
- Convert to 24bpp,
- Send bitmap,
- Receive bitmap,

Because there is one fatal flaw with this approach that makes streaming challenging:

A 400x240 24pp bitmap is 288000 (400 * 240 * 3) bytes. The maximum size of a 3DS buffer is 4096 bytes.

Because of this, there are some additional steps I must add:

- Resize to 400x240,
- Convert to 24bpp,
- Compress with JPEG,
- Split JPEG into chunks,
- Send chunks one by one,
- Receive chunks,
- Rebuild chunks into complete JPEG buffer,
- Decompress JPEG,

At the moment, I've been able to create a JPEG screenshot; I now need to split it into chunks and send it.

I won't release it as soon as it works because there are also some options I would like to add alongside screenshot streaming first, such as screenshot throttling, screenshot quality, windowed screenshot (rather than screenshotting the whole screen), etc. People will complain if I release it before it is completely configurable. Also I currently have no donators so there won't be a beta version.

I'm also busy with other things, so it may be a while until this is finished, but it will be finished eventually!

Yes. Once I've finished screenshot streaming New 3DS buttons are the next thing on my list. I will send it to you for testing before it is released.

Awesome! This is truly amazing! Keep up the good work :D

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I also have a AUS and JP New 3DS with Ninjhax on both. In case you want more than one tester.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids +1