3DS extra slide-pad + Monster Hunter 3G confirmed!

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Monster Hunter 3G? That is very misleading, as the 3DS obviously doesn't have 3G (but the PSvita does). Sticking that title will confuse gamers to thinking the 3DS has 3G and will only disappoint.

as to that slide pad peripheral, i hope it's not some flimsy attachment but something that really works well. and i hope devs take advantage of it (but not to the point that they rely on it too much, it should always be optional).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
ferofax said:
Monster Hunter 3G? That is very misleading, as the 3DS obviously doesn't have 3G (but the PSvita does). Sticking that title will confuse gamers to thinking the 3DS has 3G and will only disappoint.
it's apparently tri g. not exactly 3

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:

For how much it cost to begin with, it SHOULD have it.

Snailface said:
QUOTE(Gh0sti @ Sep 6 2011, 09:51 PM) no freakin way they can add it, it wont happen this is just internet hype rumor denied I dont want this to happen either they should have built the 2nd one in when they could
Nintendo has a history of "oh shit!" hardware patches. Examples: the N64 RAM pack necessary to play Majora's Mask and the Motion Plus Attachment for the Wiimote needed to play several games.

This is the 3rd one and probably the worst.

Yeah, but you fail to realize this: The N64 was made so that it COULD be expanded like that. It had a small cartridge behind a cover that needed a small tool to remove. Remove it, put the RAM expansion in, and throw away the jumper if you wanted since no games require ONLY the jumper. The Wii with M+, you add it to the attachment slot on a remote, as it is an attachment. They eventually decided to integrate it into the controllers.

How is the 3DS one gonna work though, is what I am wondering.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
h7NTw.jpg

HAHAH, lol. It's supposed to be like it, but with an R button in it too.

Regardless of the outcome, it'll be Nintendo shooting thenselves in the foot. Why the hell didn't they put it there in the first place? And you can be sure that the revision will have two analogs from start, if this ends being true.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Gaf is speculating this add-on could be integrated into the battery cover assembly and stick out to the right of the system. Wild people, those neogaf's are.
tongue.gif

That would at least allow the system to close and possibly make room for a bigger battery.

Lol @ previous post. --what to do about the wireless switch? Ahh, engineering nightmare!

Answer to my own question: render wireless switch obsolete with software option.
Firmware update confirmed!
ph34r.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhere in all the discussions I've seen about this rumor someone suggested the possibility of a suction cup peripheral that attaches onto the touch screen. That could work, and would leave the action buttons available. Something that goes over the action buttons would just suck, plus I can't see how it would attach securely.

I guess we'll know soon enough. Hopefully its just intended for a single game I don't give a damn about.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
h7NTw.jpg

Regardless of the outcome, it'll be Nintendo shooting thenselves in the foot. Why the hell didn't they put it there in the first place? And you can be sure that the revision will have two analogs from start, if this ends being true.

Impossible. There is no way that thing can attach to the 3DS. The 3DS cannot recieve input from ANY of it's ports. Unless I've been mistaken this whole time, and the charge port can recieve stuff. Which it can't. There's no way one can be made without making a brand new 3DS. And if they do that without like...trading a 3DS into Nintendo themselves for the new one for like...$30/$40. If they don't, Nintendo's done.

As for the picture, look at the lighting on the "attachment". It's incorrect.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Ir to function. Fit in small space while lifting 3ds just a bit. Use clock battery(could last years idk).
Come with charger(partly jk). Look like it was build in.

Joke Contains rumble feature. /joke

alunral said:
Impossible. There is no way that thing can attach to the 3DS. The 3DS cannot recieve input from ANY of it's ports. Unless I've been mistaken this whole time, and the charge port can recieve stuff. Which it can't. There's no way one can be made without making a brand new 3DS. And if they do that without like...trading a 3DS into Nintendo themselves for the new one for like...$30/$40. If they don't, Nintendo's done.

As for the picture, look at the lighting on the "attachment". It's incorrect.
$30/$40 because of a slide pad? Done because of a slide pad?

QUOTE(Hanafuda @ Sep 6 2011, 10:27 PM) Somewhere in all the discussions I've seen about this rumor someone suggested the possibility of a suction cup peripheral that attaches onto the touch screen. That could work, and would leave the action buttons available. Something that goes over the action buttons would just suck, plus I can't see how it would attach securely.

I guess we'll know soon enough. Hopefully its just intended for a single game I don't give a damn about.
No...
ohnoes.png
!!!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
alunral said:
Maedhros said:
h7NTw.jpg

I heard that it connects to the charger port. No confirmation though.

Snailface said:
QUOTE(alunral @ Sep 6 2011, 10:29 PM)
snippy
Some sort of local wireless connection maybe?
Won't that be a horrible battery sapper?

Snailface

Trophies
XP
alunral said:
snippy

QUOTEWon't that be a horrible battery sapper?

The wifi can go on for days by itself. So I guess not?

I doubt the 3DS could be connected online if the system is connected to a wireless accessory though. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
alunral said:
Maedhros said:
h7NTw.jpg

I heard that it connects to the charger port. No confirmation though.

What part of "cannot recieve game input" was I unclear about? The charger port does not, if I remember correct, have that capability. The IR port is on the wrong side of the 3DS. And wireless could MURDER the battery.

QUOTE(Snailface @ Sep 6 2011, 10:32 PM) QUOTE(alunral @ Sep 6 2011, 10:29 PM)
snippy

And drop the battery life to little more then 2 hours? Yeah right.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This isn't 100% confirmed. Maybe we shouldn't be too "excited" over this (note the inverted commas).

Just because it comes from a source which makes true reports doesn't make it fully confirmed.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
This isn't 100% confirmed. Maybe we shouldn't be too "excited" over this (note the inverted commas)
huh.gif

Just because it comes from a source which makes true reports doesn't make it fully confirmed.
Yeah, but it give us something to talk about.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(alunral @ Sep 6 2011, 10:36 PM) And drop the battery life to little more then 2 hours? Yeah right.
Considering having streetpass on all day, would it really take that much power?
unsure.gif

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are people speculating it'll look like a cradle of sorts... it can work... maybe. It'll end as a clusterfuck though. =X

If this is true, I would wait the shit out for the inevitable redesign with this second analog already added.

Snailface

Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:

alunral said:
And drop the battery life to little more then 2 hours? Yeah right.
With such a close proximity I doubt it needs a strong radio signal. Besides having wifi connected to the net on only reduces the battery life about 10%.
Short range local wireless should be even less.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Streetpass is a passive process. Something active like a control input would take much more power (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong). Knowing Nintendo wi-fi, your inputs would probably lag anyways.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Maedhros said:
There are people speculating it'll look like a cradle of sorts... it can work... maybe. It'll end as a clusterfuck though. =X

If this is true, I would wait the shit out for the inevitable redesign with this second analog already added.
Well, unless you want Mario or other exclusives:

[title:Don't read this if you're a Ninty fanboy]Why get it when the Vita already has em?
tpi.gif

Hey, I'm actually serious.

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Sep 7 2011, 11:47 AM) Streetpass is a passive process. Something active like a control input would take much more power (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong). Knowing Nintendo wi-fi, your inputs would probably lag anyways.
I believe so too. Just like leaving your wireless switch on and having an actual wi-fi battle in pokemon where my axew crushes my friend's magikarp.

The difference is actually quite significant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo