Hardware 3DS Intimidated PSP?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Can't organise things in or out in a few hours?
Of course they can't!
But they had alot more time to make a backup plan. 3DS Rumours were circulating around the internet for a long long time and was even confirmed later by Nintendo. I'd say they did have a PSP2 Prototype but as soon as Nintendo 3DS was announced, Sony shitted themselves and switched over to Plan B - Playstation Move.

Of course, this is all speculation but it's a likely situation, isn't it?

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
But speculation based on what? On your knowlegde of the internal workings of multinational coporations and tech companies?

I mean, anything is possible, I just don't see it as likely to any degree.

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Way too much fanboy here. Sony had plans for 3D on the PS3 long before the 3DS. And you act like it's a "mandatory" feature for most games, while it's not. If you have a 3D TV, then it's cool. If you don't, you're not missing out. It's just an added feature you can use it you want and can.

And "uncomfortable headgear"? Lol. It's just a pair of 3D glasses like you'd wear at a movie theater. The good kind, not the shitty paper ones. It'd just be as "uncomfortable" as wearing normal glasses or sunglasses.

Sony knows the next PSP will never beat the 3DS. Nintendo has been in the handheld market from day one and has won every time. And not by a short margin, by a landslide. Sony's just looking to make a profit with their PSP like every other company.

Odds are next PSP won't have 3D, but it'll probably have better graphics than the 3DS, a touchscreen, and another analog stick.

EDIT: And remember, as 3D gets more popular (and ever since Avatar it's getting really popular), more 3D TVs will be made and the prices will go down.
Q4T

By the way, what does Move have anything to do with 3D? It's offtopic, and plus, if you're referring how Sony "copied" Nintendo, Move was being developed since the early PS2 Eyetoy, and it's using different technology (color tracking.)

The number of Nintendo fanboys on this site that makes s*** up without researching makes me sick.

Hiz_95

Trophies
XP
Country
BigBadBoss said:
FireGrey said:
Plus the fact the 3DS has 3D...
If they don't put a special thing to it then it won't be very popular...
And if they put 3D/Touch/Motion Control/2+ Screens it will just seem like they are copying Nintendo...

This is quite an interesting position for Sony to be stuck with. Any move they do, it will seem like they are copying Nintendo. But if you think about, they really are.

The Sony Move is WTF exact rip-off of the Wii. Seriously? You make it black and with a light bulb on top?

Anyway, yes. I think they really are intimidated. And they should be! Nintendo 3DS is coming to town!
yaynds.gif
Judging by RE 3DS,I wouldn't agree.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Parablank said:
Q4T

By the way, what does Move have anything to do with 3D? It's offtopic, and plus, if you're referring how Sony "copied" Nintendo, Move was being developed since the early PS2 Eyetoy, and it's using different technology (color tracking.)

The number of Nintendo fanboys on this site that makes s*** up without researching makes me sick.

Just as the number of fanboys trying to rationalize Sony's statements even when the truth is slammed in their faces.

Reports say this demonstration was done in 2000. In conjunction with those reports, you're making it sound like it took 9 years of R&D to come up with how to improve that to its current form. Can you really believe that the Move took that long to develop, especially now that "motion-controlled" gaming has become successful with some other company? If anything, there were multiple stages from having that to what the Move is now, none of which ever made it to light. The Move's inception wasn't until 2007 when Sony patented their own motion-sensing device, which is one year after Nintendo's "successful" Wii launch, and 6 years after Nintendo patented what would become the Wiimote.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
DiscostewSM said:
Parablank said:
Q4T

Just as the number of fanboys trying to rationalize Sony's statements even when the truth is slammed in their faces.

Reports say this demonstration was done in 2000. In conjunction with those reports, you're making it sound like it took 9 years of R&D to come up with how to improve that to its current form. Can you really believe that the Move took that long to develop, especially now that "motion-controlled" gaming has become successful with some other company? If anything, there were multiple stages from having that to what the Move is now, none of which ever made it to light. The Move's inception wasn't until 2007 when Sony patented their own motion-sensing device, which is one year after Nintendo's "successful" Wii launch, and 6 years after Nintendo patented what would become the Wiimote.
wow i didn't know that
SONY FTW

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Parablank said:
Q4T

PlayStation Move stems from early work on the EyeToy in which developers experimented with color-based 3D controller tracking, including prototypes using spheres. In 2008 Sony began work on developing a commercial product, integrating inertial sensors into the motion controller, and refining the device from an engineering and a design perspective.

The motion controller was revealed at Sony's E3 2009 press conference on June 2, 2009, with a live demonstration using an engineering prototype. Tentatively referred to as the PlayStation Motion Controller, the device was originally stated to be available in Q1/Q2 2010. As of August 2009, the controller features and design had not been finalized.

-Wikipedia
Move R&D?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
Well the PSP2 will most likely be a HD handheld costing around $450-$500

And the 3DS will most likely carry a switchblade and taser and will cost around 1 to 2 pounds of flesh.

Oh, sorry, I thought we were pulling bullshit facts out of our asses. Thought I may as well tag in.

Not even Sony is stupid enough to release a handheld for that much. They realized that things that are significantly overpriced, like the PS3 was at launch, don't sell well. They made the Slim model and it started selling like flapjacks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly