• Views 4,467,627
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only previous SD card I have is the original 4gb one. It wouldn't have helped in my predicament exactly. The other one i upgraded to i messed up in a ham-fisted early attempt to resolve this issue (basically i formatted it, used windows to try to copy everything back, it didn't work. Yes, I was dumb, it was like 2 in the morning).
I'm afraid I don't understand what this sentence means. Are your old files still on your "original" 4 GB card, or is that a completely different card at this point?

I don't think I've ever read about something quite like this happening before. Usually when something happens to SD cards, everything except TWiLight Menu and the pre-installed titles are lost (i.e. everything not installed to the internal NAND memory). It is unusual to somehow still have titles installed from the eShop but not ones installed by FBI. While you could start deleting things I emphasize that other mysterious things could very likely go wrong later.

dypada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi! I recently purchased Old 3ds Xl and immediately hacked it, but when I want to open Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Super Mario Maker or even Checkpoint to save something I see this error:
"
An excpetion occured

Processor: Arm (core 1)
Exception type: undefined instruction
Current process: loader ( 0000000000000000 )
"
I have Luma v.12.01 and I idk what should I to do (I followed "3ds hacks guide")

Roxas92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Silly question.
I have two new 3ds one with cfw and one with the original firmware at 11.16.0-49E.
I would like to backup my games and some other data and partially transfer them to the one with cfw without deleting them on the one with the orginal.
Unfortunately I am not allowed to hack the 3ds with the orginal frimware.
Is it possible to simply start "godmode9" on the original console via "BannerBomb3" instead of installing "boot9strap" and "Luma3DS"?

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silly question.
I have two new 3ds one with cfw and one with the original firmware at 11.16.0-49E.
I would like to backup my games and some other data and partially transfer them to the one with cfw without deleting them on the one with the orginal.
Is it possible to simply start "godmode9" on the original console via "BannerBomb3" instead of installing "boot9strap" and "Luma3DS"?
You can change SafeB9SInstaller to godmode9, but it is HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED. It's better to install boot9strap and luma3ds and just use the payload loader in luma3ds, or use godmode9 as your boot.firm on the sd card (which would normally be Luma)
EDIT: I read the whole thing now and what do you mean by not being allowed to hack the 3ds?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I recently purchased Old 3ds Xl and immediately hacked it, but when I want to open Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Super Mario Maker or even Checkpoint to save something I see this error:
"
An excpetion occured

Processor: Arm (core 1)
Exception type: undefined instruction
Current process: loader ( 0000000000000000 )
"
I have Luma v.12.01 and I idk what should I to do (I followed "3ds hacks guide")
Could be an SD card problem. Does that error occur with ever app? Including built-in apps like Face Raiders or AR Games?
Post automatically merged:

What sort of data do you want to back up? You can use super-skaterhax to start the Homebrew Launcher and from there use an old version of JKSM to back up your save data without installing boot9strap or Luma, and afterwards you can delete boot.3dsx and it will be as if it was never there. However, JKSM cannot access NAND data (like the Activity Log or Mii Plaza) if you run it that way.

Godmode9 definitely works via ntrboot, but I don't know what will happen if you try bannerbomb3 – I kind of doubt it will work. But there's no real point to backing up your games since you could just download them from the Internet if you're so inclined.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

dypada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Could be an SD card problem. Does that error occur with ever app? Including built-in apps like Face Raiders or AR Games?
Post automatically merged:

What sort of data do you want to back up? You can use super-skaterhax to start the Homebrew Launcher and from there use an old version of JKSM to back up your save data without installing boot9strap or Luma, and afterwards you can delete boot.3dsx and it will be as if it was never there. However, JKSM cannot access NAND data (like the Activity Log or Mii Plaza) if you run it that way.

Godmode9 definitely works via ntrboot, but I don't know what will happen if you try bannerbomb3 – I kind of doubt it will work. But there's no real point to backing up your games since you could just download them from the Internet if you're so inclined.
No, it is not because of the SD card because Mario Kart 7 (which was before installing cfw and loaded on the SD card) runs without problems, also I checked the SD card for errors in h2testw and no errors showed

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, it is not because of the SD card because Mario Kart 7 (which was before installing cfw and loaded on the SD card) runs without problems, also I checked the SD card for errors in h2testw and no errors showed
You didn't answer my other questions. Does that error occur with ever app? Including built-in apps like Face Raiders or AR Games?

Also, if you didn't completely empty your SD card before running h2testw, you could easily have missed some errors.

Anyway, I think I dimly recall that importing seeddb.bin can help in cases like this, but unfortunately I can't recall the details. Maybe someone else can chip in?

dypada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
You didn't answer my other questions. Does that error occur with ever app? Including built-in apps like Face Raiders or AR Games?

Also, if you didn't completely empty your SD card before running h2testw, you could easily have missed some errors.

Anyway, I think I dimly recall that importing seeddb.bin can help in cases like this, but unfortunately I can't recall the details. Maybe someone else can chip in?
This error does not occur with other applications other than the ones I listed, Face Raiders and AR Games run without problems. I cleaned the SD card before the test and no errors were found. As for other people who can help me, I don't know if there are any.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so... circumstances had me finally pick up a 128gb microSD to replace the 32gb I was using in my N3DS.

made a point to have two sd readers, put one in each, and bulk copy the data from one to the other. I made a point to wait until the copy was complete, then safely remove both drives in Windows. but now, booting from the new SD, the n3DS wants to say that it can't detect the sd card is in there. :wacko:
Whelp, kinda figured out the problem when I tried the newer sd card in my phone instead to at least confirm the microsd works.

The sd formatter would lead to the card not being recognized by the 3ds. Formatting with that one guiformat program to ensure fat32, however, did.

Falcon950

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know why the button icons do not show up in anemone 3ds? It works fine and applies themes but I have to memorize which buttons do what cause they dont display on the screen.

***In case anyone had a similar issue, I was able to fix the problem by reinstalling the default font style***

Last edited by Falcon950,

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heard about something called "whitelist" for DS flashcarts to get them working on 3DS but I'm having difficulty finding the CIA or whatever it was I needed to get my flashcard working, help please?

AsurasWrath

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I just decided to jump back into the CFW 3DS scene after a long time. I've got my 3DS fully hacked and updated to the latest version of Luma3DS, everything's great! I only have one question... where do I go to get all these emulators and games everyone else has? I'm seeing people playing every GB, GBA, DS, 3DS NES SNES game under the sun but I have no idea on how to get access to those games! So, my question is... is there "another shop" or some way to download and play all these games? I've got a 64 GB SD card so I should have no problem being able to fill it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sleepyowl90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pulled my OG 3DS XL out of a closet. Years ago I did hack it so it was already running CFW. It was at Luma 8.1.1. I've got it all updated to Luma12, etc. I'm in process of getting some of my DS roms onto it as well as installing some of my 3DS games.

I do have a noob question though! I need to grab a larger SD card. My understanding is that 32gb is the largest that was ever "officially supported" but that any size, or at least up to 128gb, can be used as long as it is formatted fat32?

And second, does the speed of the card matter? Let's say card A is rated at 100 MB/s and card B is rated at 200 MB/s. Can the 3DS really use use the higher speed? Or is it gated by the processor, etc.? In other words, is there any value in the higher speed card or not?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pulled my OG 3DS XL out of a closet. Years ago I did hack it so it was already running CFW. It was at Luma 8.1.1. I've got it all updated to Luma12, etc. I'm in process of getting some of my DS roms onto it as well as installing some of my 3DS games.

I do have a noob question though! I need to grab a larger SD card. My understanding is that 32gb is the largest that was ever "officially supported" but that any size, or at least up to 128gb, can be used as long as it is formatted fat32?

And second, does the speed of the card matter? Let's say card A is rated at 100 MB/s and card B is rated at 200 MB/s. Can the 3DS really use use the higher speed? Or is it gated by the processor, etc.? In other words, is there any value in the higher speed card or not?
Unless ya plan on using the sd card in something that can make use of that speed sometime down the road. thats a no. Unless yours a stickler just to have that kind of card then go ahead. The 3ds cant make use of the extra speed. But its just nice to have it there.

Reactions: sleepyowl90

sleepyowl90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless ya plan on using the sd card in something that can make use of that speed sometime down the road. thats a no. Unless yours a stickler just to have that kind of card then go ahead. The 3ds cant make use of the extra speed. But its just nice to have it there.
Thanks! That is pretty much what I suspected. And this will probably be just for the 3ds. I already have other cards for my camera when I use it and otherwise I don't have anything else that uses SD cards!

Reactions: lone_wolf323

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)