• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for me to run two different, unlinked emuNANDs on two different SD cards (purely for extra storage space)? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Reactions: cvskid

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for me to run two different, unlinked emuNANDs on two different SD cards (purely for extra storage space)? If so, how would I go about doing that?
I don't see why not? create a emuNAND on one card, then place the other card in and create and emuNAND on that one. Just make sure you power down before switching SD cards, don't want any corruption now.

Reactions: cvskid

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why not? create a emuNAND on one card, then place the other card in and create and emuNAND on that one. Just make sure you power down before switching SD cards, don't want any corruption now.

Ah, really that easy? Thanks.

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, really that easy? Thanks.
Yes or so it should be, you can literally make a dd of the emuNAND partition and update it then inject back the lower version. You can take your sysNAND backup and inject that into the emuNAND and run that if you so choose. The only thing of course is that these emuNAND are tied to that system. As far as I know.

giga502

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. Is there currently a way to boot the 3DS straight into emuNand or something similar? Or access CIA installed files straight on the sysNand?

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Lots of topic... I'll just post my question here. Quote or tag me. Thanks

Is there anyway to make the New 3DS region free as of the moment? I want to use my JP New 3DS to play MH4U on physical cart.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have a 3ds xl on current firmware I plan on keeping that way. I have a second 3ds xl on v 6.3.0-12u. My question is whats the best method of hack I should use. I dont care about 3ds roms or anything. "I have almost every game im interested in and plan on continuing purchasing them. As I feel nintendo makes the best games. Now dont get me wrong if theres a way to copy my game carts to sd im for it but more interested in homebrew and emulators. I own every system nintendo made and am a huge supporter just feel like paying for mario bros on my wii. Wiiu 3ds and any other system is starting to get to be to much considering I already own the original. If there was a way to buy it and transfer to all systems "like an account. U know the way it should be" then I wouldnt bother. I have cubic ninja and am preaty adept at following directions just want the best way for what I want. Mostly homebrew. Anyway long story short "sorry lol" what is the best method

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been away for awhile. Now that Downgrades are possible, does that mean permanent CFW is possible too?

Gelbird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to tell what games won't work when trimmed? So far I've heard animal crossing, Pokemon x and y and dream drop? Link to a list

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Why for instance, 9.2 FW works fully with Gateway on the OG 3DS(XL) ,and not on N3DS(XL).

I mean its the same FW and same system, I really dont see the difference beside hardware improvement on N3DS(XL) . Maybe its because some extra layer of software protection or something?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i install some .cia update for my retail game on emuNAND, i'll find them in sysNAND too?
Don't know, I keep them unlinked like they are suposed to be.

Is it able anyway to install .cias from my MicroSD (gateway) ? (To 3DS SD).
I only have a microsd adapter but no one for SD :(
Unfortunatly no.

Does anyone know how to tell what games won't work when trimmed? So far I've heard animal crossing, Pokemon x and y and dream drop? Link to a list
Sorry I have not seen a list. I don't bother with it becuase mSD cards are so cheap on sale. I can understand why some would want to do this. Will just take some effort on your part searching for thread on the subject or just testimg yourself.

Is Sky3DS compatible with New 3DS with firmware version 9.5?
Yes.

Why for instance, 9.2 FW works fully with Gateway on the OG 3DS(XL) ,and not on N3DS(XL).

I mean its the same FW and same system, I really dont see the difference beside hardware improvement on N3DS(XL) . Maybe its because some extra layer of software protection or something?
Different hardware usually requires different software coding.

I am sure there are other technically issues at play here but the biggest and most obvious one is the N3DS uses a different browser than the old 3DS. Since 3.0 uses a browser exploit designed for the browser on the old 3DS it doesn't work on the new browser. Make sense?

Reactions: Pox

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a weird question about EmuNAND. Obviously there are two launcher.dat releases from Gateway and MT-Card. I'm having some weirdness with both on 9.5.0

Gateway weirdness:
  • Won't even load classic mode without physical GW present
MT-Card weirdness:
  • Crashes when trying to load the ambassador certificate
All-around weirdness:
  • Can't load any GBA/DSi games from the eShop, but that's to be expected since the DS Profile hack borks that, right?
So is basically what we have DRM on Gateways emunand support? Hopefully this hasn't been happening to just me haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays