4IFIR vs. Switch OC Suite real benchmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sometimes I start to think that you're not being negative on principle, but rather you've just misinterpreted the truth, and therefore you can be persuaded. You just need to find the right, convincing arguments, and you will see the light...

And then you respond with something like the aforementioned, and I realize that you've baited me again into wasting time, just to mock me. Your motives are not entirely clear to me. I won't even joke about racism. Surely it's about something else. Maybe I offended you, or... I don't know, I won't guess.

I didn't think I'd fall for this again. Thanks for not deleting my post.
I'm not mocking you. I care for people that don't know technical know how. How all these different vddq, cpu high etc means. Stop playing the victim.

Also I feel it's kind of hypocritcal for you to say this about Redraz when you yourself say this about Opensource:
GHSr-ey2PVeh2CxWKxk244YU6BpI8QsNT-Q3ylHdHVdYLY6bqt9RUXFZDL7x4XSqrJp6icWs31mWn2aBSd_xbpmUZc9N-JyjtLoPnMvFjYLhC_9VBMZry0-sa-tBXOe0d-VZkJbgrZeafNSVu3bpUuE

Then it is completely unclear to me what caused the Redraz reaction. Moreover, it was not criticism, because by definition it cannot be criticism, in the context of the development of freely distributed software. Opensource is developed by enthusiasts for fun, as a form of intellectual charity, everyone contributes as much as they want, without doing anyone any favors.

If I had inadvertently done something that you would have considered offensive or humiliating, I would have apologized, because it was certainly not my intention to offend you. But you dismissed this version, which puzzled me a little, because now I don’t understand what caused this passive-aggressive bullshit. Don’t get me wrong, it’s just that in my memory even women during PMS did not react like that. It seems like I didn’t do anything reprehensible to receive an answer in such a form.

Can I also ask why you tried to "send in the zombies" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_Crisis_of_1944
JKsUbrnLkwcO1nrHzyFT04OS0x7GMWZmwndFulJEQCK7Rv8onXiaaZetttbV43pk7vZ1GeR3BgXMOFVDmXVr8ZJnoE1ucnuXHitYPj9LSO7E7aqWK3xCcYayM0N0kJ0Cn3SRP6BOKt48rL9ZOgYCPrA

So in the end. You still blame everyone else, still claim the guy that fried his Switch so it no longer boots after using 4IFIR wasn't because of your software and you threaten with malware? Why should we here at GBAtemp even dare to recommend your software to anyone?

Since it seems you don't wanna continue this discussion. I have to agree with your bold text here:

E-BL7P1BY5DrNJgwCar5fl5L3EWrbytzp_CZnI3khXD-WwxAc__tV5gK3bPRjkAdphgr8v5t6Rj9R3VhAz73ah5XwTyMF7qlC-bJyfLx_sPQWv08hANHBODCC8tXcnW85WYrC7xKoJRb5qSkr1E2S-I

"I am convinced that a person is defined by their actions."

I got to say I am disgusted how you attack people with your "followers" tho...

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Stop playing the victim.

facepalm-e1553251798741-1200x675.jpg

I lost the thread of the conversation. If there are any questions, I am ready to answer when I have time. By the way, I am also ready to answer Masagrator. He is not a hater.

Can I also ask why you tried to "send in the zombies"

P.S. If I wanted to send a horde of loyal users here, I would send a notification to the console, and not to the tiny 7 thousand RU community.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Alright, I wish you luck in your endeavor(s?). Since you try to use others to start drama on this website (again), also attacking people of our website (again...). Thinking of implementing some kind of malware, causing drama so people might leave the scene and a lot more. We feel it's best we let you leave this website.
Sorry to say it had to turn out that way, but I started to investigate more when I heard of the possibility of a brick code. We don't need another Pikabrick situation.

Speaking from myself as a person, not a moderator:
I highly suggest people to stay away from 4IFIR since it can't be shown to be safe and we never know if a malware is implemented since he already hinted about it possibly being one and will implement one. But in the end, it's your Switch. Do whatever you want with it!

You are just giving him more bullets to use when trying to discuss with him.
You're right.

ToreLto

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have looked into the 'lying' status monitor and would like to report my findings.

All readings are done at 100 percent brightness, no auto brightness on, airplane mode, v2 Switch with oc suite cpu uv2, 1020/384/1600 ram voltage 1200/600mv, speedos cpu/gpu/soc = 1672/1688/1702.

This is readings from standard status monitor from masagrator. Micro mode not pictured is basically the same I saw it max out at -3.7W.

View attachment 404641

This is readings from the latest version from 4ifir and a previous version about 2 weeks ago. As we can see micro range is lying about power usage while mini is fine. Micro is fine in the current version released today
View attachment 404643

4IFIR luckily has a bot on its telegram that compares files in each release
In respond likely to @ToreLto post a new version was posted today silently fixing the issue. Before this, the last time 4ifir's status monitor had been modified was November 2nd. Meaning 4ifir's status monitor was screwed up for at least 2 weeks probably more.
View attachment 404645

View attachment 404644

And this isn't the first time 4IFIR has had a dodgy status monitor. It happened 5 months ago and I don't know how long it persisted.View attachment 404647I don't know about you guys but I don't trust a status monitor that seems wonky to say the least and any claims from it about 'performance per watt'.
@Cooler3D, are you planning to comment on this or will you tactically ignore the inconvenient fact? You've been caught using the same trick for the second time. I'm just curious about the excuse you'll come up with this time. Last time, you were “fixing a bug by masagrator related to incorrect power consumption calculations”, even though that bug had been fixed a long time ago and the fixed version was already in your build. And then suddenly, just in time for the release of the 4ifir version 1.6 (what a coincidence), the overlay “broke” (perhaps to demonstrate a breakthrough in energy efficiency?). What's the excuse this time? Did masagrator break your status monitor again just in time for the release of the 4ifir version 1.9?

olvita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
In the same post where there was a statement that gbatemp has become a chaotic toxic swamp, this person hides an offence in the link to the video itself. There last word is two words actually. It's a slur, a reference to oral intercourse.

This is a textbook two-faced person.

What really bugs me though is why some known and reputable people decided to stand behind a person who lies all the time, decided to endorse 4ifir and all its controversies (to say they least).

Eclipse who is known for graphical patches for games on 4pda forum. His instructions start with "install 4ifir". xHR who is known for many homebrew guides, and is the kefir maintainer.

Attachments

• IMG_20231119_110801.jpg
    IMG_20231119_110801.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 28

JIaroJIy4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Kinda sad, but not really. He was providing some questionable laughs even in this thread. I understand some people tried to take him seriously even if he continues following his signature (under his posts).

In fact I was thinking about proposing stupidly detailed layout of doing testing between his "creation" (for whatever that is worth) and OC Suite. Unfortunately won't be able to do it myself (because no-switch), but in my mind that would be top-quality study.

P.S. Don't get me wrong - only when he was posting only test results screenshots his posts were tolerable. Anything else - total diva behavior.

Topekuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Since you're on Erista you can get 1996mhz or 2133mhz it in between using the configurator on GitHub in the repo.

I wrote a configurator guide because it has a lot of options and can be complicated. I recommend reading the Erista RAM clock guide section.

Personally, I use 1996mhz with timings 4-2-2-2-2-2-2 on my Erista with no overvolt. Give that a shot. If that's not stable up the voltage to 1150mv and then 1175mv. 2131mhz is possible for me but I don't use it because I need 1250mv for it to be stable. 1175mv is the safe max voltage for all ram chips used on the Switch by datasheets. Wouldn't recommend going above that.
yooo thanks man. Imma try this.

right now I'm trying to OC using the stock values in sys-clk, when I max things out and go back to playing, an "empty battery" logo pops out and it automatically puts my switch in sleep mode a few seconds later. does this mean my OC is too high?

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yooo thanks man. Imma try this.

right now I'm trying to OC using the stock values in sys-clk, when I max things out and go back to playing, an "empty battery" logo pops out and it automatically puts my switch in sleep mode a few seconds later. does this mean my OC is too high?
It sounds like to me you are doing higher then 1785mhz CPU and 460mhz GPU on battery. If you draw too much power on battery the switch shuts itself off as an emergency measure because it's bad for the battery.

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I kinda got rid of 4IFIR now, but it still shows 4IFIR 1.9.2 in the settings --> system info screen (besides my OFW version and on the same place where usually stood the AMS version). What can I do get rid of this?

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I kinda got rid of 4IFIR now, but it still shows 4IFIR 1.9.2 in the settings --> system info screen (besides my OFW version and on the same place where usually stood the AMS version). What can I do get rid of this?
Redownload atmosphere and redownload hekate from their official sources on GitHub and put them on your SD card. 4IFIR uses a fork for no good reason

Reactions: jnl1

N074H3CK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So, guys, looks like 4IFIR developing is stoped and that's so sad. I don't know if banning Cooler3D here had any impact on that, but this is not the topic i wanna discuss now. I'm here to say that i will continue use latest version of 4IFIR (1.9) and anyone who will be intrested about "how it goes on 4IFIR" from now can dm me in discord: syscall0 or just answer in this topic.

Thanks everyone for being active in this thread. Ja ne.

UP: Omg, k1gs, i'm not the only one who came here after that announcment.
Post automatically merged:

And next fresh random praising Cooler that will stop coming after few days. Telegram raid officially started
I don't think that there will be "raid" or something. We are not "that kind of" community :)

• Haha
Reactions: Lumince

N074H3CK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yeah, he is just seeking attention by doing next drama about quitting. Issue is this kind of person won't give up the only thing that gives him even small value in life.
I don't think so. Maybe you are right. The time will show.

Attack this comment with dislikes if masagrator will be right.

• Haha
Reactions: Lumince

Chellikus

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Translated and unpublished from DeepL.

I would like to ask why such a negative attitude towards the man and his product? Did he not give your grandmother a seat on the bus or close the elevator doors in front of your nose? Or did he give you a config and smoke came out of your console?

Why do you change the topic of conversation from game tests to personalities when you are offered to familiarize yourself with game tests?

Why do you allow yourself to insult a person (I remind you, forum rules forbid it)?

Is it more effective, instead of achieving a better experience with a game console, to have holivars, to see only negatives and ignore positives, to slip into insults and to take every word "in a flip"?

Instead of uniting, you're trying to squeeze the developer of the far from last most popular overclocking solution for Nintendo Switch off the stage.

I want to personally thank Cooler3D, Efosamark and the other developers who had a hand in 4ifir 1.9, you gave me a great gaming experience and became for a while a family that I interacted with more and more than my own family.

Without 4ifir, I may never have ventured out to treat my Nintendo Switch and certainly never would have seen The Witcher 3 with a picture that my personal computer wouldn't let me play with.

Я бы хотел поинтересоваться, откуда столь негативное отношение к человеку и его продукту? Он, что, вашей бабушке место в автобусе не уступил или двери лифта закрыл перед носом? Или дал вам конфиг и из вашей консоли повалил дым?
Почему вы меняете тему разговора с игровых тестов на личности, когда вам предлагают ознакомиться с игровыми тестами?
Почему позволяете себе оскорбления в адрес человека (напоминаю, правилами форума это запрещено)?
Неужели, вместо того, чтобы достигать лучшего опыта с игровой консолью, эффективнее устраивать холивары, видеть только негатив и не замечать позитива, скатываться в оскорбления и каждое слово воспринимать "в штыки"?
Вместо того, чтобы объединиться, вы пытаетесь выдавить со сцены разработчика далеко не последнего по популярности решения для разгона Nintendo Switch.
Я хочу выразить огромную благодарность лично Cooler3D, Efosamark и другим разработчикам, приложившим руку к 4ifir 1.9, вы подарили мне замечательный игровой опыт и стали на какое-то время семьёй, с которыми я общался больше и чаще, чем с родными.
Без 4ifir я, возможно, никогда и не решился бы лечить Nintendo Switch и уж тем более, никогда не увидел бы Ведьмака 3 с картинкой, с которой не позволял мне играть мой персональный компьютер.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out