4IFIR vs. Switch OC Suite real benchmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meha

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I don't think we have still implemented real voltages in any sys-clk fork?

sys-clk-oc (new one) always reads correct real voltages with i2c. (both mariko/erista).

old sys-clk-oc also have real voltage readings, but erista is broken.

Last edited by meha,

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Look, for example, at Masagrator.
He has enough doubts about me. But at the same time, he does not want to offend me, and being a sane member of the community - he wants to get to the truth. He is completely adequate, you can have a constructive dialogue with him, a healthy forum discussion, in the course of which the truth is born. And now look at this one:

1700044196738.png

If GBA has degenerated into a platform for exchanging insults, and it doesn't bother you, I'll pass on participating in this circus, as it's a matter of self-respect.

However, if this is not the norm, fulfill your moderator duty and create minimal conditions for constructive discussion in the thread. By blatantly ignoring the rules in your presence, the violator is also insulting you.

The decision is yours.

olvita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've tried both overclocking solutions for switch a few month ago out of curiosity, and came to a conclusion that they're pretty much the same thing with comparable performance. However, from quite a few reports I've seen, it looks like something has been bugged or broken in the last few 4ifir public releases. CPU heavy games appear to be dragging behind noticably on 4ifir, and it looks like Anno game is just one of the examples. I checked Anno myself, the results were the same as are posted on the first page of the thread.

I've also heard that it still there on the latest 1.9 4ifir release, even after you take your time to tune the 4ifir up on the switch, which can take up to one hour and a few reboots.

If an overclocking software requires so much commitment from me, I'm not sure if I should bother with it.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@Cooler3D

Since I were asleep. I couldn't do anything about it. Nor does it really seem like a major issue for you to publish your article. Go ahead, I'm waiting for it.

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Go ahead, I'm waiting for it.

I hope you’ll forgive me if there’s no drama, and I’ll just show the forum members what an actual, publicly accessible 4IFIR actually looks like.

Anno Mutationen

60fps for ~5.5W? Not bad.
Dont get my wrong, I have nothing against OC Suite, but...

Switch OLED. 4IFIR quickly configured via the built-in configurator, E mode. Nothing unusual.

2023111601562100-309E7E1EE563DFBFE0948B312924B373.jpg
2023111602000300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
2023111602252800-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
2023111602265800-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

I don’t know where he dug up this non-name pixel crap, but I have something more interesting, modes that became available with the release of 4IFIR 1.9:

ECO ST3 (faster than portable stock, 2x reduction in energy consumption)

F-MoGf8WYAAlWIb.jpeg

No, these are not "good" shots. The video can be found in the Telegram community, the link to which those who need it can Google on their own.

ECO ST1 (lower TDP than portable stock, 60fps in any game)
F-N_xbMWYAAFuac.jpeg

Those who have doubts can check and see for themselves. Those who are not satisfied with this may not accept my unprecedented gift. I won't insist.

Reactions: zerofalcon

N074H3CK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
* coming here to say a bit words for 4IFIR *

Using 4IFIR, nothing wrong for a half a year. And yes, 60 fps any game:
- RDR
- AC2
- Zelda Totk

And for now i'm opening 4IFIR as also "underclock" solution. Id reduces power cunsumption when you choose lover mhz that so i get only "-2.5 W" in lego harry potter. It looks like my switch don't need a charger for now. xD

And this is without completion of last v1.9 wizard-assist tuning, just stock 4IFIR. Don't believe anyone, just try it :)

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- RDR
- AC2
- Zelda Totk

And for now i'm opening 4IFIR as also "underclock" solution. Id reduces power cunsumption when you choose lover mhz that so i get only "-2.5 W" in lego harry potter. It looks like my switch don't need a charger for now. xD

And this is without completion of last v1.9 wizard-assist tuning, just stock 4IFIR. Don't believe anyone, just try it :)
Hi cooler!

• Haha
Reactions: BasedKiliK

N074H3CK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi cooler!
I can confirm that i'm not him :) I have my own site with a long history (minecraft server). We can join there and talk. Or, maybe you will offer any other ways to do so.
Post automatically merged:

Cooler calls it like this:
* can't quote this link cause i'm newbie *
I don't think that 4IFIR have things like that. First of all, for what a reason? I don't think there are any dev's who don't like users who use their software. I'm also had developed a telegram bot and i was very happy to see each user who used it. Everyone who has similar dev experience will confirm that it's amazing feeling when someone like your software.

But let's look at this from another point: is that really such easy to brick swith using software?

Last edited by N074H3CK3R,

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I can confirm that i'm not him :) I have my own site with a long history (minecraft server). We can join there and talk. Or, maybe you will offer any other ways to do so.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think that 4IFIR have things like that. First of all, for what a reason? I don't think there are any dev's who don't like users who use their software. I'm also had developed a telegram bot and i was very happy to see each user who used it. Everyone who has similar dev experience will confirm that it's amazing feeling when someone like your software.

But let's look at this from another point: is that really such easy to brick swith using software?
It is easy because he forked everything, atmosphere, hekate.
Without an open source code available.

And Cooler is the one who wrote this text and claimed it is included in 4ifir.
Not someone else.

edit:
@Cooler3D btw we test Anno Mutationem in docked mode

Last edited by swutch,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

- RDR
- AC2
- Zelda Totk

Ffs, next guy who comes out of nowhere to praise 4IFIR without providing any evidence, just "trust me bro, test is yourself". After seeing many people claiming bricking their Switches while using 4IFIR (Recent post about Hogwarts Legacy on reddit made some noise, funny that he believed issue is with game, not his 4IFIR setup), not everybody wants to risk doing the same. And yes, I know that you can brick the device with OC Suite too if you are careless enough, which for some reason is a more common tendency in 4IFIR userbase.

And if you plan to do next shitty comparison like most people here, just don't.

Last edited by masagrator,

Medel87

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ffs, next guy who comes out of nowhere to praise 4IFIR without providing any evidence, just "trust me bro, test is yourself". After seeing many people claiming bricking their Switches while using 4IFIR (Recent post about Hogwarts Legacy on reddit made some noise, funny that he believed issue is with game, not 4IFIR), not everybody wants to risk doing the same. And yes, I know that you can brick the device with OC Suite too if you are careless enough, which for some reason is a more common tendency in 4IFIR userbase.

And curiously he is a new user, surely cooler sent him, as he did with many others in the past

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ffs, next guy who comes out of nowhere to praise 4IFIR without providing any evidence, just "trust me bro, test is yourself". After seeing many people claiming bricking their Switches while using 4IFIR (Recent post about Hogwarts Legacy on reddit made some noise, funny that he believed issue is with game, not his 4IFIR setup), not everybody wants to risk doing the same. And yes, I know that you can brick the device with OC Suite too if you are careless enough, which for some reason is a more common tendency in 4IFIR userbase.

Yep. And I echoed the same thing in that reddit thread that we've known here for almost a year now.

1700106699488.png

Honestly, there should be no questions at this point regarding the real nature of 4IFIR: the stolen code, the reverse-engineered findings, the lack of a source, and the proven problematic history of the "creator", confirmed by a bit of internet investigation, which he's refused to acknowledge probably hoping most people will miss my post or ignore all provided evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1