4IFIR vs. Switch OC Suite real benchmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone tell me how to completely uninstall 4IFIR? I want to switch over to OC Suite and can´t find a "clean" uninstall option. I used AIO to install 4IFIR.
Remove everything except Nintendo and emummc folder and start from scratch.

If you want to use a all-in-one package, I can recommend this one for overclocking:
https://github.com/snupt/NS-Overclocking

It uses only official versions of software, no shady forks, is super duper up2date and isn´t unnecessarily overbloated with stuff.
I hope you don´t mind @CatcherInTheGrainField

Last edited by [Truth],
Reactions: jnl1

ToreLto

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I hope you’ll forgive me if there’s no drama, and I’ll just show the forum members what an actual, publicly accessible 4IFIR actually looks like.

60fps for ~5.5W? Not bad.
Dont get my wrong, I have nothing against OC Suite, but...

Switch OLED. 4IFIR quickly configured via the built-in configurator, E mode. Nothing unusual.

View attachment 404355View attachment 404357View attachment 404358View attachment 404359

View attachment 404360
View attachment 404361
View attachment 404362

I don’t know where he dug up this non-name pixel crap, but I have something more interesting, modes that became available with the release of 4IFIR 1.9:

ECO ST3 (faster than portable stock, 2x reduction in energy consumption)

View attachment 404383

No, these are not "good" shots. The video can be found in the Telegram community, the link to which those who need it can Google on their own.

ECO ST1 (lower TDP than portable stock, 60fps in any game)
View attachment 404389

Those who have doubts can check and see for themselves. Those who are not satisfied with this may not accept my unprecedented gift. I won't insist.
How do you explain the fact that the power consumption displayed in your Status Monitor varies between different modes? In the mini mode, there's one value, and in the micro mode, it's different. By the way, if you look into the code of the Status Monitor, you can see that the consumption data is pulled from a common source. It seems like you simply added a multiplier (I assume it's again x0.8-0.9) in one of the modes and forgot about the other. Now, you proudly attempt to demonstrate that you've achieved lower power consumption on the 4ifir, resorting to such cheap tricks. You're just disgusting.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited by ToreLto,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How do you explain the fact that the power consumption displayed in your Status Monitor varies between different modes? In the mini mode, there's one value, and in the micro mode, it's different. By the way, if you look into the code of the Status Monitor, you can see that the consumption data is pulled from a common source. It seems like you simply added a multiplier (I assume it's again x0.8-0.9) in one of the modes and forgot about the other. Now, you proudly attempt to demonstrate that you've achieved lower power consumption on the 4ifir, resorting to such cheap tricks. You're just disgusting.
This can be also because of using old code. I was testing different ways of measuring battery power flow to better adapt to changes. But also this resulted in possible inconsistencies between readings. I am currently working on allowing IIR filtered voltage and current through config file, but I need to eliminate issues caused by multithreding and randomly wrong reported value caused by busy i2c that currently is negated by how I achieve those averages, but reading average directly is susceptible to this.

Reactions: [Truth]

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have looked into the 'lying' status monitor and would like to report my findings.

All readings are done at 100 percent brightness, no auto brightness on, airplane mode, v2 Switch with oc suite cpu uv2, 1020/384/1600 ram voltage 1200/600mv, speedos cpu/gpu/soc = 1672/1688/1702.

This is readings from standard status monitor from masagrator. Micro mode not pictured is basically the same I saw it max out at -3.7W.

status_monitor_1.0.png

This is readings from the latest version from 4ifir and a previous version about 2 weeks ago. As we can see micro range is lying about power usage while mini is fine. Micro is fine in the current version released today
4ifir_garbage_monitor.png

4IFIR luckily has a bot on its telegram that compares files in each release
In respond likely to @ToreLto post a new version was posted today silently fixing the issue. Before this, the last time 4ifir's status monitor had been modified was November 2nd. Meaning 4ifir's status monitor was screwed up for at least 2 weeks probably more.
NOVEMEMBER_ONE.PNG

1000003062.png

And this isn't the first time 4IFIR has had a dodgy status monitor. It happened 5 months ago and I don't know how long it persisted.
1000003060.png
I don't know about you guys but I don't trust a status monitor that seems wonky to say the least and any claims from it about 'performance per watt'.

Last edited by ChanseyIsTheBest,

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If someone puts so much effort into lying about the power draw/maybe other stats then i don't want to know what else they will do next. Brick code seems more and more plausible.
Nevertheless all the russian guys use 4IFIR and to my knowledge nobody got in serious trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: masagrator

Topekuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Topekuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That's based on OC Suite so I'm 99% confident that bundle does work on v1/Erista. Give it a try. You just won't be able to use mariko exclusive features like CPU undervolt

I might! but is there any way I can install this over Switch OC suite? I'm using that now. I dont want to reinstall my games =(

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I might! but is there any way I can install this over Switch OC suite? I'm using that now. I dont want to reinstall my games =(
What do you mean with losing your games?
Installed games are in Nintendo/emummc folder on your SD.
Both of which you won´t touch when starting with a new homebrew setup.

Topekuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What do you mean with losing your games?
Installed games are in Nintendo/emummc folder on your SD.
Both of which you won´t touch when starting with a new homebrew setup.
ahh I thought I had to start from scratch again.

ToreLto

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Nevertheless all the russian guys use 4IFIR and to my knowledge nobody got in serious trouble.
Lol. In addition to your sectarian 4ifir’s chat, there are other Russians if you're interested

olvita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have looked into the 'lying' status monitor and would like to report my findings.

All readings are done at 100 percent brightness, no auto brightness on, airplane mode, v2 Switch with oc suite cpu uv2, 1020/384/1600 ram voltage 1200/600mv, speedos cpu/gpu/soc = 1672/1688/1702.

This is readings from standard status monitor from masagrator. Micro mode not pictured is basically the same I saw it max out at -3.7W.

View attachment 404641

This is readings from the latest version from 4ifir and a previous version about 2 weeks ago. As we can see micro range is lying about power usage while mini is fine. Micro is fine in the current version released today
View attachment 404643

4IFIR luckily has a bot on its telegram that compares files in each release
In respond likely to @ToreLto post a new version was posted today silently fixing the issue. Before this, the last time 4ifir's status monitor had been modified was November 2nd. Meaning 4ifir's status monitor was screwed up for at least 2 weeks probably more.
View attachment 404645

View attachment 404644

And this isn't the first time 4IFIR has had a dodgy status monitor. It happened 5 months ago and I don't know how long it persisted.View attachment 404647I don't know about you guys but I don't trust a status monitor that seems wonky to say the least and any claims from it about 'performance per watt'.
Thank you for doing this, people from 4ifir community read this topic too, some of them might start to have doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay