Hacking 6.2.0 Key Generation could (POSSIBLY) be UNCRACKABLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Who knows. They might get ScriesM's house raided and all his equipment seized by local authorities.
That would do jackshit to what we currently have. They could seize whatever info or data Scires might have on his PC, but all of what we already have would go nowhere.
That's the greatest perk of everything being open source, they cannot seize anything that's already open to the public.
Besides, they're not as dumb as to not to protect themselves against that kind of thing.

Reactions: THYPLEX

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I want to explain a little more about this situation.

There are two ways to defeat the newly implemented security: finding a TSEC exploit which is very unlikely at this point or relying on userland exploits for the future.

So far it doesn't seem like the first option will be possible any time soon, so hackers will have to rely in userland exploits to extract the 6.2 keys and "leak" them so CFW can work again.

The problem is that userland exploits will be patched by Nintendo. So they will just patch the exploits used to get the keys and generate a new keyset. And the cycle repeats again. That's why the game of cat and mouse begins.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I want to explain a little more about this situation.

There are two ways to defeat the newly implemented security: finding a TSEC exploit which is very unlikely at this point or relying on userland exploits for the future.

So far it doesn't seem like the first option will be possible any time soon, so hackers will have to rely in userland exploits to extract the 6.2 keys and "leak" them so CFW can work again.

The problem is that userland exploits will be patched by Nintendo. So they will just patch the exploits used to get the keys and generate a new keyset. And the cycle repeats again. That's why the game of cat and mouse begins.
Or brute-force which would take ages.

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so, If I understand, the best solution is to work on the userland at every update, realease it and, at the same time, work on the TSEC (because it's better for long to do) ?
And when TSEC is out, userland can be discontinued

Last edited by Cortexfou,
Reactions: TheCheeze

PalomPorom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch scene will recover. With how fast and hard this scene is it was bound to happen eventually. It was fun while it lasted. Ccc is so close too. I wonder who will crack it first. Probably TX I'm betting.

Best of luck to all you hackers and devs.

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Last edited by PalomPorom,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, If I understand, the best solution is to work on the userland at every update, realease it and, at the same time, work on the TSEC that is better for long to do ?
That's not really the best solution because Nintendo will patch out the userland exploit in a firmware update meaning we would have to find a new userland exploit and exploits aren't easy to come by. Ideal solution would be cracking TSEC but that would pretty much involve hacking the Switch a second time because its basically a black box.

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That would do jackshit to what we currently have. They could seize whatever info or data Scires might have on his PC, but all of what we already have would go nowhere.
That's the greatest perk of everything being open source, they cannot seize anything that's already open to the public.
Besides, they're not as dumb as to not to protect themselves against that kind of thing.
It was a joke.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fail Over Flow would be the ones to crack this before anyone

They'd also submit it and not release it for months, this is not a Switch-limited co-processor. Same with what happened with the X1's original bootrom flaw.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I dont understand, we have master key but cant decrypt 6.2.0 firmware? GJ Ninty but you will eventually lose this war..
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeah but not like this.