A little (guilty feelings) problem..

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I ordered D. Gray-Man (manga) 8-12 in December at http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/, but only 11 and 12 arrived. I got the rest refunded. I ordered the lost ones again and the came today.. it should be 3 envelopes (each volume one), but there were 6.. I feel guilty now, but I shouldn't be since 15 euro's is nothing for such a huge webshop.
frown.gif

A (blurry) pic of the double trouble! (Including the ones that DID arrive the first time.)
227931543.jpg

Sorry.. Uploaded it from phone without checking quality. xD
BTW: My phone DOES have a nice camera, but it failed this time~!

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't feel guilty, you made a mistake because their postage took so long. It wasn't on purpose. I've made that mistake before and got something else, but it's not really a big deal if they are a big website.

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bazamuffin said:
Do you play 'backup' games?
Yes, but that's different: 1. They don't loose money on me. 2. I buy good games.

QUOTE(boombox @ Jan 20 2011, 01:05 PM) Don't feel guilty, you made a mistake because their postage took so long. It wasn't on purpose. I've made that mistake before and got something else, but it's not really a big deal if they are a big website.
I know I shouldn't and I probably give it away as a present. It was DHL's fault btw. The sticker said: unsorted (on the old ones).

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bazamuffin said:
So, all your backups are legal? I think you may have misinterpreted what I was getting at. I was trying to ease your conscience
No, but the difference is that I don't take money away from devs and stores and I kinda did now..
frown.gif
But, hé, that will be over soon~! And I think a certain person is very glad with this situation! xD

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shlong said:
When you order off of BookDepository, the books aren't sent as one order, they arrive separately
tongue.gif

I know, but 8, 9 and 10 were 1.5 months to late and came together with the reorder!!

QUOTE(monkat @ Jan 20 2011, 02:11 PM) I liked the D.Gray Man anime until that cop-out ending...
I have watched just a couple of eps, but what I heard is that the manga just rolls further after the anime stopped.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
monkat said:
I liked the D.Gray Man anime until that cop-out ending...
I have watched just a couple of eps, but what I heard is that the manga just rolls further after the anime stopped.

Yep.

They ran out of funding or something while they were following the manga, and the final episode just like...came out of nowhere "final battle" and a "The story continues..." ending.

So bad...

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
monkat said:
kwartel said:
monkat said:
I liked the D.Gray Man anime until that cop-out ending...

Yep.

They ran out of funding or something while they were following the manga, and the final episode just like...came out of nowhere "final battle" and a "The story continues..." ending.

So bad...
Didn't Rurouni Kenshin do that too?

'Tis a shame since that was such a great anime...

After I watched the final episode of D. Gray-man I went straight to the manga. In fact, I did the same thing with Hunter X Hunter a while back too. What is it with all of these Animes not finishing?! Stupid running out of funding or something!
hate2.gif

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It's okay actually. I stole a 10 couple of the Doraemon manga from a grocery store once before.

Everytime I went to there, I go to the bookshelf and act as I'm choosing the book I wanted. I'd say, the store owner is quite dumb as she didn't employ anyone to monitor the store for thieves & she can't see what I'm doing from the angle of the counter there. This gave me a great chance to slip a book out of the shelf and clip it under my armpit inside the shirt, then pick some random snacks and pay and go home =)

I say 'once before' because the husband of the grocery store's owner died in an accident, then the owner of the store can't handle the store alone and was very sad of the death of her husband, she closed the store. (The store are now owned by an Indian) Anyway, by the time before her husband passed away, there's finally someone helped to monitor the store for thief. (I'm depressed at that time when I saw the person who was employed to monitor the store. Because it simply means no more manga for me to steal. The shelf was turned at an angle where the owner could clearly see who's browsing the shelf too.)

EDIT: I didn't feel guilty of it, why should you !?

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CookiesMilk said:
It's okay actually. I stole a 10 couple of the Doraemon manga from a grocery store once before.

Everytime I went to there, I go to the bookshelf and act as I'm choosing the book I wanted. I'd say, the store owner is quite dumb as she didn't employ anyone to monitor the store for thieves & she can't see what I'm doing from the angle of the counter there. This gave me a great chance to slip a book out of the shelf and clip it under my armpit inside the shirt, then pick some random snacks and pay and go home =)

I say 'once before' because the husband of the grocery store's owner died in an accident, then the owner of the store can't handle the store alone and was very sad of the death of her husband, she closed the store. (The store are now owned by an Indian) Anyway, by the time before her husband passed away, there's finally someone helped to monitor the store for thief. (I'm depressed at that time when I saw the person who was employed to monitor the store. Because it simply means no more manga for me to steal. The shelf was turned at an angle where the owner could clearly see who's browsing the shelf too.)
You're a bad person and don't have morals.

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
CookiesMilk said:

unsure.gif

SHOPLIFTER!

*screams and runs around in circles*

shoplifting_mar07_rex_150_1.jpg

angry.gif

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
kwartel said:
CookiesMilk said:

Playing illegal game backups is the same I thought?

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CookiesMilk said:
kwartel said:
CookiesMilk said:

You don't take away anything, you just copy stuff. If you, let say, borrowed a book from the library and copied it, it wouldn't care anyone, but now you take away something from somebody else.

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
kwartel said:
CookiesMilk said:
kwartel said:
CookiesMilk said:

You don't take away anything, you just copy stuff. If you, let say, borrowed a book from the library and copied it, it wouldn't care anyone, but now you take away something from somebody else.
You took away their sales for the games = took their money =(

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
CookiesMilk said:
kwartel said:
CookiesMilk said:
kwartel said:
CookiesMilk said:

That depends on whether you were going to end up buying that game eventually or not. Some play backups to test whether they like a game before buying it.

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ineap09 said:
CookiesMilk said:
kwartel said:
CookiesMilk said:
*SNIP*
That depends on whether you were going to end up buying that game eventually or not. Some play backups to test whether they like a game before buying it.
I buy games that are really good, because I have morals. Besides I only pirate because I have a lack of funds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P