sorunome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Soru made a discord guild now!

While soru really dislikes discord she caved in and made a thingy >.> https://discord.gg/QY8wzCMHyP

hi! this is so cool soru! i can't wait to use it!
is anyone else getting an arm11 error? i can be more specific if necessary but didn't want to over-explain something that might be an individual problem with my 3ds, since i think i might have messed something up when reverting to an old luma version for something specific i wanted to do a while back using an outdated/old version of an acnl plugin.
i've tried updating luma but no luck, it's always this same arm11 crash:
arm11 (core 1)
prefetch abort (kernel panic)
debug event
cecd (0004013000002602)
i was getting the certificate error and changed my clock since it was inaccurate, and managed to get all 5/5 to the 'done' status, but right after the 5th one i still get the same crash.
if anyone else is having a similar issue please lmk, i don't think i've seen anyone else so may need to try and fix what i messed up and make sure everything is updated. turned off tomodachi life streetpass too since i heard it could be causing issues.
thank you! c:
Wait for the next release, that has a ton of stability improvement
yeah, that happened me too
Next release!
Hey, Soru.
I am very confident in my Japanese, so I did the translation and made a merge request.

Thanks again for your development.t app controls the LED in some ways? gotta check out their code then x3
Awesome, thank you!
Is there a discord server or a way to contact you? I am a musician looking for experience and I would be interested, I can show you examples of my work if you like :). It’s my dream to be a music producer for video games, and I’ve studied for several years.

Really loving netpass btw!
Just made one, see the top of this post :)
it would be great if the app use the led of the console for notification like the hShop
That app does led control? gotta check out their code then
Hello! i've been using netpass for a few days and i've been enjoying it! Although i've came across a problem where i seem to get new streetpasses, and that the little green circle next to the application. But when i open something like the Streetpass Plaza, no new Miis seem to appear. It doesn't give any errors, it just goes through as if it was working fine.
Thanks a lot! Next release will hopefully give stability fixes
Okay, so I got free time suddenly and did a Russian translation. I can't make a GitLab account due to needing a foreign number/credit card so I'll dump the files I changed here.

I only have the following concerns for translations in general:
- The loading string has a hardcoded text display - maybe find a way to modify the loading text instead of displaying another string at a specific location?
- I'm worried about the longer strings - do they wrap around if they go beyond the screen? I can't check all the strings myself because I'm on a 10 hour limit .-.

View attachment 433865View attachment 433866

Another little thing - please add an error message when you have no connection at all. At the moment it just gets stuck at the loading screen until you reboot or shutdown by force if you aren't connected to anything.
Whoooo, thanks a lot, will look into it! And for the no connection, that is a good idea
Sometimes for me I’ll also see the dot but have no new miis in my plaza, but if the dot is on a game and I DO get something in that game and go back to the plaza, the mii appears. It’s strange, but if any of your games have a green dot and you do notice the streetpass, try playing with those first, and then go back to the plaza :)

Other times yeah it’s green but nothings there. My guess is maybe this happens when the other person’s outbox for the mii plaza gets an error? Idk anything about this stuff LOL but I do know each inbox and outbox corresponds to a streetpass enabled title, so it’s possible it’s just corrupted data received. But yeah, sometimes this fixes itself for me when I check the games before the plaza!
Hopefully next release...

sorunome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New Release!

Soru did a ton of stability improvements for this new release, v0.2.1. Either install via qr code (the code in the first post is still the same / valid) or wait a bit until universal updater has it updated. This release should have fixed the random crashes, some timeout issues and has more helpful error output

I was wondering the same thing. I'm hoping that NetPass will see gold pants miis made through the SpecializeMii app will read like those.
Soru has no idea what those are nor what the SpecializeMii app are, do you have a link or something?

CodyMKW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried the updated version It's definitely a lot more stable I also love the image on the top screen it's cute :blush:

Dantey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Soru has no idea what those are nor what the SpecializeMii app are, do you have a link or something?
Link here: https://github.com/phijor/SpecializeMii
Post automatically merged:

Getting into your code for pairing users I am wondering about the algoritm is fairness with hourly hits. Prepared Chart to visualise it.
1714142609194.png

I am wondering if this is intended? Considering a fact if there is less than 1000 unique peoples in location there is non-zero chance to not get any streetpass after hour. After there is at least 1000 peoples in one location, there is 100% chance to get at least streetpass hit. I don't think that this chart should be linear. I am not an expert for modeling any probability, but i think that we have here situation like this:

In location with near infinite space what is the probability of getting into range of two ppl with 3ds'es.

* Additional chart for visualization of ppl in one location vs number of hourly pairing
1714143450324.png

Last edited by Dantey,

sorunome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Link here: https://github.com/phijor/SpecializeMii

Getting into your code for pairing users I am wondering about the algoritm is fairness with hourly hits. Prepared Chart to visualise it.
View attachment 433970

I am wondering if this is intended? Considering a fact if there is less than 1000 unique peoples in location there is non-zero chance to not get any streetpass after hour. After there is at least 1000 peoples in one location, there is 100% chance to get at least streetpass hit. I don't think that this chart should be linear. I am not an expert for modeling any probability, but i think that we have here situation like this:

In location with near infinite space what is the probability of getting into range of two ppl with 3ds'es.

* Additional chart for visualization of ppl in one location vs number of hourly pairing View attachment 433973
soru isn't entirely sure how to model it. The current stuff is def. about locations less than 1k people, and yes, maybe not getting a pass is possible and should stay that way. For people who just want a lot of passes soru will add a download all passes button or thelike.

With your modeling, keep in mind if A passes B, then B also passes A, which greatly increases the likelyhood of getting a pass every hour

EDIT: looks like it might be fairer if, instead of ceiling, soru floors the number?

ScienceGenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a streetpass for Project Mirai DX but nothing showed up in-game, to add that one to the list of games that are having that issue. Wonder if it's game-specific issues or if it's just something about Streetpass not fully understood yet.

SnackMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a streetpass for Project Mirai DX but nothing showed up in-game, to add that one to the list of games that are having that issue. Wonder if it's game-specific issues or if it's just something about Streetpass not fully understood yet.
Yooo sorry if this is random but I'm like 99% sure that was me lmao

Yooo sorry if this is random but I'm like 99% sure that was me lmao

Dantey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
soru isn't entirely sure how to model it. The current stuff is def. about locations less than 1k people, and yes, maybe not getting a pass is possible and should stay that way. For people who just want a lot of passes soru will add a download all passes button or thelike.

With your modeling, keep in mind if A passes B, then B also passes A, which greatly increases the likelyhood of getting a pass every hour

EDIT: looks like it might be fairer if, instead of ceiling, soru floors the number?
That does not change a lot here. It makes a situation, that you need at least 32 peoples to get 1 pairing for hour.

sugarzies

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
travellers won’t leave :( i got a bunch of travellers on my tomodachi life but they won’t leave, does anyone know a fix?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I load the app and it just sits there at loading.... for ever
Does it work through the homebrew launcher?
1:is it updated? if not you can get the update in universal downloader
2: yeah you can get the 3dsx, also through universal downloader

I load the app and it just sits there at loading.... for ever
Does it work through the homebrew launcher?
1:is it updated? if not you can get the update in universal downloader
2: yeah you can get the 3dsx, also through universal downloader

why did it post it twice

flanter21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey is there somewhere to download just the streetpass data that's been uploaded, like you could with StreetPass 2 rise from the ashes. Will it contain data from more than 30 days ago?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu