A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think that was because it was already done in the discussion thread which was posted a few days before this got front-paged. Hardcore, as well as more skeptical, users would notice that thread before the average Temper and already posted their reservations about the validity of the video. Whereas this thread is now shoved into every user's face as soon as they log in meaning wider audience. Plus, I don't think those who already questioned the flashcard would want to do it again in an another thread.
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't read through the other thread yet.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inserts it twice and it's Super Mario Wonder...
Later every time he inserts it the game changes...
I detect a clever fake.

Even if it's not, it's a very inconvenient device to use, probably won't be cheap, and way less convenient than CFW

• Wow
Reactions: peteruk and BigOnYa

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Inserts it twice and it's Super Mario Wonder...
Later every time he inserts it the game changes...
I detect a clever fake.

Even if it's not, it's a very inconvenient device to use, probably won't be cheap, and way less convenient than CFW
I'm sure they can engineer a way to switch games with buttons

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure they can engineer a way to switch games with buttons
Show me a version with buttons, not absurdly priced, won't get you banned and actually real and I'll show you someone who's impressed.

Of course if this thing worked ideally and was easy to get it would be a most amazing device but I doubt either of those would be true even if this thing did exist :/ Nintendo would be SURE of that.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Show me a version with buttons, not absurdly priced, won't get you banned and actually real and I'll show you someone who's impressed.

Of course if this thing worked ideally and was easy to get it would be a most amazing device but I doubt either of those would be true even if this thing did exist :/ Nintendo would be SURE of that.
Nintendo can’t really do anything till it’s actually released. Unless the source of this video can actually be traced easily and was it recorded in the person’s actual location. I still say though if this is real it better be around $30-$60 because if it isn’t a v1 switch is a better option. I do have a v1 and v2 but this isn’t the way I expected for my v2 switch to switch to be modified or play free games.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soledring is hard/expensive
I was talking 'bout this

I've downloaded the roms of Classic Retro, Modern Retro, and Modern consoles and eventually the Switch will be part of it when I feel like spending the time to download and compress it to RAR (think 7z is slightly better).

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Soldering is hard/expensive
No, that's not true. Soldering is in-expensive and there are plenty of readily available cheap kits. If you want to learn how to solder, check out eevBlog and Voultar, who make great tutorials.

Technology evolves... How many years ago was it....
6-years ago since the Switch was released, and they weren't the first to create smaller cartridges.

Reactions: tabzer and Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/