A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Apparently we are gonna need a different game format. XCI won’t work

https://x.com/aftertimex/status/1740049621320077458?s=46&t=n-3L-dL3UbieWF1v8K4QpQ
XCI will work, but you need the COMPLETE dump, not only the XCI but also:
  • "XXX.xci"
  • "XXX (Certificate).bin"
  • "XXX (Specific Data).bin"
  • "XXX (Initial Data).bin"

the other bin files which normally you don't dump, or save. I do use NXdumpTool but didn't save the bin files, will need to "re-dump" all my games

Reactions: Blythe93 and fst312

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XCI will work, but you need the COMPLETE dump, not only the XCI but also:
  • "XXX.xci"
  • "XXX (Certificate).bin"
  • "XXX (Specific Data).bin"
  • "XXX (Initial Data).bin"
I wonder what will happen though when multiple of the same "XXX (Certificate).bin" shows up on Ntendy servers?

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

KiwiFruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or buy their dumper that I’m sure will get reversed soon enough if it’s real

id bet the bottom dollar it is just like or is nxdumptool and requires modded access

the product they are selling is the flashcart but its clever wording on making it sound more appealing "'works on every switch' but it looks to just be a tool for already compromise systems that already do what the cart does

so its marketed to trick people first and foremost, and then get them to possibly by yet another thing to maybe make it work

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless I’m missing something you only need a modded console to dump the games, not to use the actual cart. Shops that I can imagine buying these probably will have a modded console to make the dumps. I’m sure at some point these will be sold “loaded” by a 3rd party vendor. I see no use for these other than piracy.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Unless I’m missing something you only need a modded console to dump the games, not to use the actual cart. Shops that I can imagine buying these probably will have a modded console to make the dumps. I’m sure at some point these will be sold “loaded” by a 3rd party vendor. I see no use for these other than piracy.
exactly, if you don't own a modded console, you can buy their dumper device, is a USB device in which your put your original cartridge and the device dump the files to your PC.
Post automatically merged:

or you can ask to a "friend" with a modded console to dump the files for you :P

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id bet the bottom dollar it is just like or is nxdumptool and requires modded access

the product they are selling is the flashcart but its clever wording on making it sound more appealing "'works on every switch' but it looks to just be a tool for already compromise systems that already do what the cart does

so its marketed to trick people first and foremost, and then get them to possibly by yet another thing to maybe make it work
I don’t think you’re reading what everyone else is

I understand being skeptical but maybe pick a smaller tinfoil hat

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza and BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My other question/ comment is if the "Certificate.bin" is unique to each cart, and only one cart can be played online at a time (or else a ban on both console) then this is not a piracy tool, but only a backup your original carts (all to 1 cart) for personal use only.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Do also realize that they have to word things carefully to avoid any huger lawsuit or C&D from Nintendo. Have we ever had a modchip that has a warranty, regularly, anyways? Of course they're going to stress "we don't advocate using ROMs with this, but you need your own backups," so they don't get in even more trouble saying "oh yeah, ROMs work fine on this."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: