A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this could be used to make a custom hbmenu, that will be enough, I guess it’s all about knowing someone to use one of their game carts they do use anymore. If every game really has a unique id that should be the way to go. I’m not really an expert on how this would really work but I’m just thinking about the time when you needed to make custom ids for sega saturn nsps.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My other question/ comment is if the "Certificate.bin" is unique to each cart, and only one cart can be played online at a time (or else a ban on both console) then this is not a piracy tool, but only a backup your original carts (all to 1 cart) for personal use only.
Just buy a cheap shovelware game to steal the cert from and vow to never play sell or trade that game in game and you’ll never have to worry

Reactions: BigOnYa

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the certificate tied to the cartridge or could you use a certificate from one of your owned games with a different XCI?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Is the certificate tied to the cartridge or could you use a certificate from one of your owned games with a different XCI?
No body really knows if each cartridge have a own certificate, or the certificate is by each game.

Also as the SD (Secure Data) standard allows to set a Unique ID for each card and the content encrypted using that ID or certificate.

So that can make easy to identify each cartridge so this flashcart will lead to many bans if so many people start to use the "exact same" cartridge at the same time.

but all this is speculation.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make sure I read this right, even though it’s them claiming this but did they say they just tested this on each console or did they say they went online with this. Not going online with this but still curious.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how does this work are the xci's stored (flashed) on a reeewritable cart or is this a passme situation where you store the xco's on the sd card of your switch I imagine this is using the same nintendo loader as sxos so i hope the producer lives in china or somewhere (maybe russia would be most ideal) where the big N or rather the US government can't nab them
Post automatically merged:

That is a good theory tho, use one of your own owned carts Certificate, for all "dumped" games if that would work. You would know you are the only one playing it.
use a dummy cart like a 1p game that you don't caree about and remove your account too if they start account banning accross systems i'm sure kid gloves will come off in regards to bans and may do hybryd system/account bans to users who use this or ,aube it's just me being paranoid

Last edited by chrisrlink,

KiwiFruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how does this work are the xci's stored (flashed) on a reeewritable cart or is this a passme situation where you store the xco's on the sd card of your switch I imagine this is using the same nintendo loader as sxos so i hope the producer lives in china or somewhere (maybe russia would be most ideal) where the big N or rather the US government can't nab them

we dont know bypass of lotus security, very little security issue ar known for lotus at all

they confident nintendo cant patch but nintendo has never needed to mitigate lotus. lotus can also be patch to change its security and chain of trust. switch firmware cannot stop fooled lotus because they are seprate but new lotus firmware can probably stop a fooled lotus.

unless its hardware attack like glitch or how we mod switch, nintendo can patch any software vuln

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make sure I read this right, even though it’s them claiming this but did they say they just tested this on each console or did they say they went online with this. Not going online with this but still curious.
Read again, they claim they went online with their own cart. The way this has to be used though better make this cart affordable. It definitely should be like $30 now.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder how hard it would be to design a little PCB extender (idk what to call it) to add a button between the switch port and this cart.

Kinda like the action replay DS how it would stick out of the cart slot for you

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That is a good theory tho, use one of your own owned carts Certificate, for all "dumped" games if that would work. You would know you are the only one playing it.
like some cartdriges for the DS, they emulated a specific game to allow run some homebrew which could load any ROM.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need this....
So no compatibility with eShop nsp games, only cart dumps? If so, pretty limited, but might still be interesting for those allergic to modchips.
This might be the Rebirth of the XCI, the SXOS days how I miss you

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza and BigOnYa

Kaininjz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The big question is how much will it cost and how easy it will be to find a seller/store?
We don't know the price, but when I saw the product I'd say $30, but just wait, because models on Aliexpress will be released in the near future for much less.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina