A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need this....

This might be the Rebirth of the XCI, the SXOS days how I miss you
Haha, could be. SXOS was good while it lasted. This new contender comes late to the party, the new Nintendo console is just around the corner. Anyway, I know nsp files could be converted to XCI, but I wonder if those extra files required by this flashcart could be faked?

Reactions: BigOnYa

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Here's the site if anyone hasn't seen it: https://migswitch.com/

Seems to have been there a while? Thanks to aos10 for dropping the first info.
Mig Dumper instructions :

1. Insert game card into the dumper slot
  2. Plug in dumper to PC with USB cable
  3. Mass storage device will appear, with a folder XXX.xci 4. Copy XXX.xci folder to create a game backup
Also:
  1. Ensure the game files follow the naming scheme with "XXX.xci", "XXX (Initial Data).bin", "XXX (Certificate).bin", "XXX (Card ID Set).bin", "XXX (Card UID).bin" (as instructed in the section “Backup your games".
Them:

Online mode :

1. Online mode is only recommended with a fully complete game dump
  2. If a valid Certificate, Card ID Set, or Card UID is missing, online mode is not recommended as it can lead to ban.

Well, seem not fully " new" and " revolutionary" device after all.
I can't remember anything other than the sky3ds and the need for it to have "ID HEADER" to connect the cartridges online. I remember using a generic header from an original game I had to connect my online games. If this works merely similar, it might be interesting. after all, you can buy a "ben 10 power trip" and connect online using a copy of "Super Smash Bros", if the headers are not locked in authentication.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Mig Dumper instructions :

Also:

Them:

Well, seem not fully " new" and " revolutionary" device after all.
I can't remember anything other than the sky3ds and the need for it to have "ID HEADER" to connect the cartridges online. I remember using a generic header from an original game I had to connect my online games. If this works merely similar, it might be interesting. after all, you can buy a "ben 10 power trip" and connect online using a copy of "Super Smash Bros", if the headers are not locked in authentication.
I you go online with a cart that has mismatched or missing certs/IDs you will be banned period. Nintendo will not play around this time like they did in the 3ds days with sky3ds.

It's best to buy a spare Lite for this flashcard if you care about banning your main account.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you think the Switch will die with the release of this product like the DS?
Not to sound negative, but the Switch is already on its deathbed, with the release of the successor in 2024. It had a good life, though. I don't think this device is a threat to the Switch, honestly.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think the Switch will die with the release of this product like the DS?
I doubt it although I think nintendo will give up on switch after switch 2 is released, they will definitely do what they did we 3ds and wiiu, random updates will still show up to block things like this. Although I don’t think the last 3ds and wiiu update’s really did anything.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've misunderstood me when I say dead, it's that Nintendo no longer sees any point in releasing games and updating them. But yes, the DS worked like a charm.
The DS still received games years after the r4 was released. What are you smoking cause I want it

Obviously they won’t release games for it now years and years later lmao

shunoia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Would you say it's even safe to buy it if you're from a western nation... I heard that it's from Russia so it would 100% be looked through by security and they'd probably confiscate it because it's russian technology, right?

Reactions: BigOnYa

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Would you say it's even safe to buy it if you're from a western nation... I heard that it's from Russia so it would 100% be looked through by security and they'd probably confiscate it because it's russian technology, right?
Customs doesn't have the time to open and inspect every "usb reader" that goes across their desk.
Oh they might get a few with Nintendo's prodding, but most will slip through.

As far as "From Russia" problem. First, that could well be a bluff to throw off the ninjas. And if it isn't, they could just ship first to some intermediate country that has ok relations with Russia and isn't banned in the destination country. Then ship to destination from there. Remember they (Gateway) only ship to distributors.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: SilverLobster

Kaininjz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They don't produce it in Russia but in China, but I for one would expect low-end copies much cheaper than the original in stores or on Alixpress or Amazon.

Reactions: SilverLobster

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says on the site they do not sell to individuals, so must find it thru a reseller. But like most modchips that can be bought in the usa, you can find them in descret packaging, mislabeled, and most I find are from Canada.

KiwiFruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think this card will allow you to hack the console without installing a chip (for all models)?

lotus cannot take over the switch tegra, lotus and tegra do not have direct priveledge connection or escalation both are isolated from each other

we need to know attack to know what it really do and what nint can do because nint can patch lotus but has never had to, but it will just be messing with lotus or not if nint can just patch firmware and shut it down

shunoia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Customs doesn't have the time to open and inspect every "usb reader" that goes across their desk.

Oh they might get a few with Nintendo's prodding, but most will slip through.
Well they would if it's from Russia, they're absolutely demonizing them right now... But you're right they probably will just ship them from China and it'll be fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izAMt9iehrE