Hacking A simple GUI for FunKiiU "FunKii-UI"

AbominableCow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I just got FunKii-UI, set it up and I get this error every time I load it: (spaces in site name to bypass new user linking prevention)

Checking for program updates, this might take a few seconds.......

Downloading/updating data from title key site
Something happened while trying to populate the selection list...
ERROR: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x81 in position 33491: character maps to <undefined>

EDIT: I also get this error when trying to download BOTW using title id:

'00050000101c9400'
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 1702, in __call__
return self.func(*args)
File "C:\Users\Windows PC\Desktop\Video Games\Emulators\FunKii-UI-2.1.8\gui.py", line 1484, in download_clicked
patch_dlc=ptch_demo, simulate=sim, tickets_only=tick_only, resultq=RESULTQ)
File "C:\Users\Windows PC\Desktop\Video Games\Emulators\FunKii-UI-2.1.8\FunKiiU_mod.py", line 250, in process_title_id
make_ticket(title_id, title_key, title_version, os.path.join(rawdir, 'title.tik'), patch_demo, patch_dlc)
File "C:\Users\Windows PC\Desktop\Video Games\Emulators\FunKii-UI-2.1.8\FunKiiU_mod.py", line 173, in make_ticket
tikdata[TK + 0x7F:TK + 0x8F] = binascii.a2b_hex(title_key)
TypeError: argument should be bytes, buffer or ASCII string, not 'NoneType'

EDIT#2: After switching keysites, it looks like this is an error only on that keysite. It is a fairly new one so I guess that's to be expected.
EDIT#3: Title key link removed

Any suggestions?

Last edited by AbominableCow,

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I just got FunKii-UI, set it up and I get this error every time I load it: (spaces in site name to bypass new user linking prevention)

Checking for program updates, this might take a few seconds.......

Downloading/updating data from https :// wiiu.xxxxx.xxxx
Something happened while trying to populate the selection list...
ERROR: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x81 in position 33491: character maps to <undefined>

EDIT: I also get this error when trying to download BOTW using title id:

'00050000101c9400'
File "C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 1702, in __call__
return self.func(*args)
File "C:\Users\Windows PC\Desktop\Video Games\Emulators\FunKii-UI-2.1.8\gui.py", line 1484, in download_clicked
patch_dlc=ptch_demo, simulate=sim, tickets_only=tick_only, resultq=RESULTQ)
File "C:\Users\Windows PC\Desktop\Video Games\Emulators\FunKii-UI-2.1.8\FunKiiU_mod.py", line 250, in process_title_id
make_ticket(title_id, title_key, title_version, os.path.join(rawdir, 'title.tik'), patch_demo, patch_dlc)
File "C:\Users\Windows PC\Desktop\Video Games\Emulators\FunKii-UI-2.1.8\FunKiiU_mod.py", line 173, in make_ticket
tikdata[TK + 0x7F:TK + 0x8F] = binascii.a2b_hex(title_key)
TypeError: argument should be bytes, buffer or ASCII string, not 'NoneType'

EDIT#2: After switching keysites, it looks like this is an error only on that keysite. It is a fairly new one so I guess that's to be expected.

Any suggestions?
I don't know which title key site you are talking about so it would be hard for me to tell much. The site needs to provide a JSON file in a specific format or it won't be parsed properly. If I knew what site you were talking about I could run some tests and see what the exact issue was.

EDIT: I see that you provided a link to the site you are using.
1: you arent allowed to post that here since it contains titlekeys. You will need to remove that from your post.
2: I will take a look at it since you did provide it.

EDIT2: I tried with the site you provided and everything worked fine on my end. No issues at all. Just for fun, I downloaded BOTW in full, no issues in 10 minutes.

EDIT3: The site you provided seems to have two issues. It isn't recognizing titles that have online tickets available. This is because they are marked with 1 instead of "1" and my program only checks if marked as "1". Very easy to fix. The other issue has to do with some obscure unicode characters on Japanese titles that Python3 doesn't like with my current implementation. It seems to work fine with Python2.7 however. I can possibly add support for this site if I get bored enough. Shouldn't be that hard.

Last edited by dojafoja,

AbominableCow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Removed the link, thanks for the info. I also wanna mention that I get the error below whenever I select a game from the list, although it doesn't seem to affect anything.

return self.func(*args)
File "C:\Users\Windows PC\Desktop\Video Games\Emulators\FunKii-UI-2.1.8\gui.py", line 980, in selection_box_changed
user_selected_raw = widget.get(sel)
File "C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 2795, in get
return self.tk.call(self._w, 'get', first)
_tkinter.TclError: bad listbox index "": must be active, anchor, end, @x,y, or a number

MO35AB

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
is there any way to carry on unfinished *.app downloaded files.
something like : wget -c "http://url" -O "the unfinished file.app"
I keep getting the program freezing on some files, and i have a very slow bandwidth, can't keep relaunching the download !

Reactions: Spagett182

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason Just Dance doesn't show here... how can I download it? The game shows on that title keys site....
Just because it's on the titlekey site doesn't mean it's available for download on the eshop. The titlekey site contains disc-only releases that aren't available on eshop. FunKii-UI isn't showing it because it has a size of 0 in the size database. This means that at the time of building the database, the TMD for the title could not be downloaded and was therefore assumed to not be available. If you are certain that this title is available on eshop you can do one of two things.
1: Like cearp said with FunkiiU, you can also enter the title ID and title key manually into Funkii-UI. It will attempt to download anything you tell it to, regardless of whether it shows in the selection list or not.

OR

2: Delete the file called data.db and then run the program This will cause a full rebuild of the size database and will fix the problem, as long as the title is in fact available on eshop. This will essentially spam Nintendo servers to some degree so I only recommend doing it if necessary.

@cearp Good to see you're still floating around buddy! I hope things have been good.

Last edited by dojafoja,
Reactions: cearp

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because it's on the titlekey site doesn't mean it's available for download on the eshop. The titlekey site contains disc-only releases that aren't available on eshop. FunKii-UI isn't showing it because it has a size of 0 in the size database. This means that at the time of building the database, the TMD for the title could not be downloaded and was therefore assumed to not be available. If you are certain that this title is available on eshop you can do one of two things.
1: Like cearp said with FunkiiU, you can also enter the title ID and title key manually into Funkii-UI. It will attempt to download anything you tell it to, regardless of whether it shows in the selection list or not.

OR

2: Delete the file called data.db and then run the program This will cause a full rebuild of the size database and will fix the problem, as long as the title is in fact available on eshop. This will essentially spam Nintendo servers to some degree so I only recommend doing it if necessary.

@cearp Good to see you're still floating around buddy! I hope things have been good.

But IT IS available for download, i downloaded the .tik manually and then opened the ticket with Utikdownloader and i have the game now... LOL

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Title ID is 0005000e10217300
A few things worth mentioning here.
1: This Title ID is actually a game update, not a game. Therefore it's definitely on their servers
2: Funkii-UI will download this title just fine if you manually enter the Title ID yourself.
3: This bug report has led me to discover a serious flaw in how I update the size database. I will need to think about the best approach to fix this issue and I will release a fix very soon. It seems that this bug was preventing the database from updating size information even though there were new titles added to the titlekey site. Without size information the titles won't show in the selection list and that's why this particular title wasn't showing..
Thanks for the report!

Reactions: ca032769

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few things worth mentioning here.
1: This Title ID is actually a game update, not a game. Therefore it's definitely on their servers
2: Funkii-UI will download this title just fine if you manually enter the Title ID yourself.
3: This bug report has led me to discover a serious flaw in how I update the size database. I will need to think about the best approach to fix this issue and I will release a fix very soon. It seems that this bug was preventing the database from updating size information even though there were new titles added to the titlekey site. Without size information the titles won't show in the selection list and that's why this particular title wasn't showing..
Thanks for the report!

Awesome!!! I always thought I was doing something wrong lol

currentbeatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
no option to download a games sad :(

Attachments

• gg.jpg
    gg.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 181

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How often does this thing refresh its database?.. A title was added to the particular database that I have funkiiUI linked to, but for several days now funkiiUI has still never added that game to my local database yet.. How often does it re-check or re-scan the external website that I have linked?.. And if it never refreshes, then is there a way I can force it to manually re-scan the external website?.. Or some workaround or some thing?..

Also, when are you going to fix the size database bug?.. That sounds like kind of a serious bug.. Is that why I can't see new titles that have been added?..

Also, this program is great, and I think you did an awesome job at making it.. I have used it so much, and I even still use it now.. Thanks for your time and effort on this thing! I look forward to the next release of it!

Last edited by FF777, , Reason: Fix typos

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How often does this thing refresh its database?.. A title was added to the particular database that I have funkiiuUI linked to, but for several days now funkiiuUI has still never added that game to my local database yet.. How often does it re-check or re-scan the external website that I have linked?.. And if it never refreshes, then is there a way I can force it to manually re-scan the external website?.. Or some workaround or some thing?..

Also, when are you going to fix the size database bug?.. That sounds like kind of a serious bug.. Is that why I can't see new titles that have been added?..

Also, this program is great, and I think you did an awesome job at making it.. I have used it so much, and I even still use it now.. Thanks for your time and effort on this thing! I look forward to the next release of it!
Thanks for the kind words and for supporting FunKii-UI. The reason new titles aren't showing up has to do with the size database bug. If you enter a title Id and title key manually FunKii-UI will still download the title but a fake ticket will be generated regardless of whether there is a ticket available on the keysite or not. The other solution for now is to download from the master branch here https://github.com/dojafoja/FunKii-UI
The issue should be fixed in this version. I just haven't published a new release because I'm still working on a few things.

metalsniper63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I just wanted to Thank you for this GREAT GUI, i'm a mac User and this is simply THE BEST application for my backups. Thank You.

ornryactor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dojafoja I've been lurking on this site for years without ever making an account. I've spent nearly a week looking for a Mac alternative to USB Helper. Tonight, I learned about your UI (which is perfect, because I'm a visual learner and not very comfortable with a command line), and went looking for the download location. Then I found this post at 10:30pm... and noticed you'd edited it at 8:30pm to say you were removing it from GitHub.

Did I seriously miss it by two hours?

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@dojafoja I've been lurking on this site for years without ever making an account. I've spent nearly a week looking for a Mac alternative to USB Helper. Tonight, I learned about your UI (which is perfect, because I'm a visual learner and not very comfortable with a command line), and went looking for the download location. Then I found this post at 10:30pm... and noticed you'd edited it at 8:30pm to say you were removing it from GitHub.

Yes xD

But I'm sure some people have a backup of the tool and are willing to share it (unless the author doesn't want this to happen).

D

Deleted User

I have one but it has the key site I can't share that I might mod it or whatever with a injector for GC/Wii and maybe N64 since N64 emulation sucks but I'll need a grasp of of python coding and the source code but I'll create a thread and warn people about bugs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1