Hacking Adrenaline v3 Released!

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone gotten categories lite plugin to properly work? I have a category for PSX games that shows up fine, but PSP ISO category doesn't.

K

KingpinSlim

Anyone gotten categories lite plugin to properly work? I have a category for PSX games that shows up fine, but PSP ISO category doesn't.
You might have more success when you ask in another thread. Adrenaline V4 is released now.
I doubt this thread will get much attention.

Reactions: dimmidice

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big Blunder!

Forgot to press SELECT in vitashell to enable FTP when I have the USB STICK mounted as "ux0" main memory card. This increases the transfer speed to around 4mb a second, versus, what I was doing, FTPing without the USB STICK mounted as "ux0". Problem Solved

(USB Cables and USB Switch, may not work at all, because it increases the distance from the FTP port to the USB STICK. So USB Cables didn't work for me, after running the FTP Server for more than 12 hours straight, the USB STICK didn't get above a certain level of hot. So I guess its ok without spacing the USBSTICK from the PSTV unit) All Done

(well almost still haven't found a file organizer that lets me modify the time stamps to change the order of the PSP/PS1 Games from the Psp Emulator, maybe those old .PBP file will work since everything on henkaku is .VPK) (Forget the last statements I made a few pages back)

(Mai Dump errored out when I had more than 80 games in the install folder, but I read somewhere the limit Mai Dump will identifiy is about 8 to 10 game backups in the Mai folder in "cx0: Mai" (total install folders counting the update and patch folders)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For ps1 games where you have to push down on the analog sticks to click them, yes.
Vita it depends on the game and psp never had an l2/r2/ l3/r3.
Otherwise a standard l2/r2 grip is fine. I'm assuming you have a model 1000 ps vita, the fat one?

I really don't wanna get a Slim just for L3/R3. I really wonder how many Vita, PSP, or PSX games utilize L2/R3. Now if I got the L2/R2 grip for my Vita 1000, does the touchscreen on the back act as an L3/R3?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't wanna get a Slim just for L3/R3. I really wonder how many Vita, PSP, or PSX games utilize L2/R3. Now if I got the L2/R2 grip for my Vita 1000, does the touchscreen on the back act as an L3/R3?
Considering with the grip you still have access to the rear touch panel despite having l2/r2 buttons, you can just use your fingers to touch the lower part of the rear touch panel for l3/r3 function. Yes.

https://cdnssl.hackinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/09130909/img_1836-1024x768.jpeg

Last edited by cvskid,

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice picture! Is that your grip? I read that putting on certain analog covers gets in the way of this grip.

How does it feel during long playing sessions?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How do you tell if you have a slim or fat model?
PS-Vita-Model-Side-by-Side1.jpg

Easiest to tell by the speakers really

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by cvskid,

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are the analog covers that i use. They are a little on the expensive side but i have no issues with them using a grip.
For me with the extra plastic the grip offers makes it easier to hold for long sessions.

https://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Analog-Stick-Cover-Black/dp/B00XXSONHM

Yeah I bought those analog covers as well. I read somewhere that these may not work well with that L2/R2 grip. What is your experience using both? Is taking the L2/R2 grip off with those analog covers easy to do? Only reason I ask is because I got a Vita stand that requires any cover to come off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I bought those analog covers as well. I read somewhere that these may not work well with that L2/R2 grip. What is your experience using both? Is taking the L2/R2 grip off with those analog covers easy to do? Only reason I ask is because I got a Vita stand that requires any cover to come off.

With all the room on the front that the grip has i personally have not had any problems taking it off. The analog covers take a little bit of force to take off the first couple of times if you need to but it's possible to take them off. Tried it a couple of times just to see if it was possible when i first got them. For me i don't take the grip or the analog covers off most of the time.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT? SLIM"? They look like the same size, just redesign :P

@Quantumcat Don't feel bad, some people prefer the one you have, over the new one, one popular reason is the LED over LCD the slim has, it also has the 3G wifi enable that slim doesn't (Even though i doubt anyone ever used 3g on vita) But is not bad by any means, is not like the fat and slim psp where the slim had more ram for faster loading and better game play. :P

Also, i see they call it "Fat" What happen to "Phat" how they used to do things when ps2 was doing the model revision thing? Lol :P

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MAJOR PROBLEM SOLVED!

Continuing.......(trying to use 128 GB USB Stick for Vita Backups Only, USB 3.0, "SanDisk" from Walmart for $34.99) (it was either that, or goodluck with an ebay knockoff, I may have to return) (All PSP Games and PS1 Games are on my 64 Gig Vita Memory Card, going to use the USB Stick also)

1. Format to "FAT" format, used, "Paragon Partition Manager 15 Professional" for Windows, Drive Letter "None", Drive Letter = Just delete the letter and press the space bar one time so it is blank, Uncheck "Use OS built in format routine". (Don't forget to press Apply Changes).
2. Start "Vitashell" from the bubble, "Press Triangle" and select "Mount USB ux0:" ... You should see the "uma0:", and the full capacity of your usb stick reported next to it.
3. (Your Still in "Vitashell" application) Go to the "ux0:" folder and select "app" folder so it is highlighted, press "triangle" and select "copy" to “uma0:” (usb stick).
4. SKIP, after transfering app folder, mount the usb stick to “ux0:”"Restart your PSTV, and repeat Step 2, then "Disconnect and then Reconnect your USB Stick when prompted.
5. SKIP, after transfering app folder, mount the usb stick to “ux0:”" (Your Still in "Vitashell", press triangle, and then select "Mount USB ux0:" ... screen when black for about 5 - 10 seconds.
6. SKIP, after transfering app folder, mount the usb stick to “ux0:” "Reinstall MaiDump Tool", so it will install to your USB STICK (Press Triangle to "Unmount USB ux0:" your USBSTICK, now FTP over, "MaiDumpTool_V233.2zEx_eng.vpk" into "uma0" which is your USBSTICK, now stop the FTP server (press select then "O"), Press Triangle then "Mount USB ux0: now "Install MaiDump Tool" (Mia Dump Tool now works from the USB STICK)

No Need to Restart, or to Reinstall Maidump to the usb stick. Also Maidump will crash after installing a certain of game backups made with Maidump when you select the option "Switch game loading (valid for games decrypted and installed from Mai)", it can't read more than about 20 something (or about 6 or so games when the page is full, the cursor will go offscreen to select the next item). SOLUTION: remove the "mai_moe" folder from your mai dump, if the game does not require a compatibility mode then you don't need mai to identify the dump as its own) (you also can't use downloaded content unless mai sets the option 6 for the game)

(somehow steps 4, 5, 6 in the install process may have caused a problem in the database, something small, but anyway, after the mai dump crash error, I just went ahead and started fresh, also rebuilded the database, (just a theory, transfering the apps folder from the usbstick to the memory card should prevent the loss of the bubbles after rebuilding database, since your only susposed to use the refresh option to prevent that, did i get that right?)

Reactions: cvskid

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@yeshuachrist,

Thank you for the hard work and awesome info!

I just got done modding a couple of Phat Vita's with Adrenaline, and I got a PSTV from a guy on Craigslist for $15, so that will be my next project.

I have a 500gb HDD lying around I want to use for Vita, PSP, and PSX (no emulators, since my Original Xbox handles that).

How well does Vita, PSP, and PSX look on your TV?

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(remember to remove the "mai_moe" folder from the mai dumps that don't need mai's compatibility modes, so it does not show up on the boot option list, about 6 to 8 entries after that page is full, mai dump will crash when you select that option ............. mai dump will also crash if you try to add more than about 10 games in the mai folder in "cx0:/mai" (which you have to in order to install the vita backups)................ otherwise everything is great, and I'll have no problems now transferring 84 games to my 128 gb sandisk usb stick)

You should use a usb stick, because a usb hdd will need to have its own power supply because it draws a lot more power than a usb stick, and will not work properly..............for me...............ps1 and psx are on the memory card, and psp vita games are on the usb stick, I read about crashes when trying to put ps1 and psx on the usb stick and going from vita games to psx or ps1, figured I'd just avoid the whole issue. Other than that:

Once you mount the usb stick you can play all the vita games, and even ftp directly to the usb stick from the pc. It won't crash or anything, but sometimes when I try to unmount the usb stick it will not allow it and then it undoes henkaku (so I use the "vita-restart.vpk"), to restart the vita rather than unmount the usb drive to play ps1 and psx.

(Originally, you transfer the apps folder from the psp vita memory card to the usb stick, before mounting it to complete 100% format and usage of all your apps. That said, if you use "database_update_reboot.vpk", to "rebuild your database", it will delete all your vita game bubbles because they are installed to the usb stick not the apps folder in your vita memory card. (but the vita will list the bubbles from the usb stick, that are not installed on the vita, until it checks the database against the "apps" folder). So a fix for that would be to put the "apps" folder from the usb stick to the psp vita memory card, haven't tried that yet.............because in extreme cases you may need to rebuild the database and that removes the bubbles rather than "refresh the database") (but I guess I'll test this theory in a few hours or less, since I haven't installed much since finding the major problem when setting up the usb stick for the vita)

(Use your tv's option to reduce the "sharp" setting, and lower the brightness, then you should be fine, in addition to the psp emulator filter, you choose, the ones with scanlines appear the best for me)
http://community.eu.playstation.com...ing-after-having-rebuid-database/m-p/23496039

Rebuilding Database and Missing Bubbles installed to USB Stick

Well, I realize there is just too much data in the app folder of the usb stick to transfer it back to the vita memory card. Apparently, just the save data should stop the database from removing the bubbles when you rebuild the database (untested) (otherwise you have to just reinstall the games to the usb stick to make the bubbles reappear, and your save data should still be there on the usb stick). Anyway. After henkaku is installed, and you have to rebuild the database (after you run Antiblacklist 1.1). You shouldn't need to do that again ever, unless, you installed something that crashed your database. Guess I'll leave it at that. "database_update_reboot.vpk", forgot to mention that this app can rebuild database after you install henkaku if you can't trigger safe mode from the pstv button combinations since it is more difficult to do on the pstv to trigger safe mode.

Reactions: cvskid

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you wouldn't recommend a HDD on PSTV that used it's own power supply?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh