Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Rydian said:
A quote from me in another thread.
Rydian said:
UltraMagnus said:
why do people get so worked up about and put so much effort into stopping a pirated piracy device?
huh.gif
'Cause people don't like it when other people sell their work, and clone flash carts are selling AKAIO.

In the game dev's case, they get paid either way because they made the product and somebody pays them...
But in this case free work is being done (AKAIO is not the official firmware) and somebody else (the clone makers) are making money off it, while the programmers of AKAIO aren't.
And this is one of the reasons I started this thread - but later I found this reply on the AKAIO forums
AndrewsAwesome :For all the hard work the Maker/Updater does he really deserves to get some credit " $$ " . So is there anyway we can send him funds ? .........
FawkYew RTFM: no, and we look at it like this. donations mean people expect things.
Which IMHO is a shame - as I'm willing to pay them for all the hard work they've done in the past

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this is what i am doing, backed up my files, now i put the 1.6 rc2 and the new menu file onto my card, and ill run the update loaders, but what i am wondering is has anyone had any problem with save files doing the update this way?

Gunmaster51

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
squirrelman10 said:
so this is what i am doing, backed up my files, now i put the 1.6 rc2 and the new menu file onto my card, and ill run the update loaders, but what i am wondering is has anyone had any problem with save files doing the update this way?

I had some problems with my chrono trigger save but it works after i copied and pasted it a second time.

TheChosenBanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'd like to recommend something to the new akAIO ver. From what I know,in the official firmware you can choose the sav file,like really browse it. And on akAIO you can't do it.I had some bad experience with the saves. So if this would be added to the next version akAIO it would be great.
Cheers.
grog.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
it shows an error at boot but when I re-copy the firmware, it's fine. It's kinda annoying if it shows errors at start up when your card is genuine. Not a big deal if the update is not frequently as this only happens eveytime you plug it into the USB

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
if people moan so much, go buy the f-ing game if you care so much that something dont work. instead of bugging the devs that make it work eventualy, how can people expect any progess if the devs just go yea this game dont work, so were just gona add this and hope for the best, then were gona get 1000 complaints and have to quick fix it again.

the downfall to kids that pirate everything

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
A quote from me in another thread.

Rydian said:
UltraMagnus said:
why do people get so worked up about and put so much effort into stopping a pirated piracy device?
huh.gif
'Cause people don't like it when other people sell their work, and clone flash carts are selling AKAIO.

In the game dev's case, they get paid either way because they made the product and somebody pays them...
But in this case free work is being done (AKAIO is not the official firmware) and somebody else (the clone makers) are making money off it, while the programmers of AKAIO aren't.

I don't see how this applies, unless the clone cards come with a Micro SD stick pre-loaded with the firmware. The Acekard lacks any such software on it as do bootleg cards. They're making money off the Acekard name in that case and nothing else.

I like how this release switches menu text back to upper/lower case. The all caps of 1.5 was annoying, especially cycling through skin folders.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
They're making money off the AKAIO firmware because the updated firmware is what allows new games with AP to run. Programming firmware that can bypass AP takes a lot of work, and a lot of "knowing what you're doing".

If you can't program the firmware and bypass the AP then you don't have a flash cart that can play games with AP. Most new games have AP.

Clones, instead, sell a cart that works with another company's firmware, so whoever's selling the cart can sell a working system to the user without having to do any of the programming work themselves, they just tell the user to use AKAIO.

1 - A professional gaming programmer gets paid by the company for making the game, before it ever goes to stores, so piracy does not directly affect their profit from a game they made, they could care less. The AKAIO programmers do not get paid at all, there's no compensation for their work other than recognition.

2 - When a game is pirated it's obvious the pirate did not make it. When a clone uses official firmware, they're taking the results of all the hard work and the credit for themselves. The AKAIO team loses the recognition.

3 - In a general sense, if an official cart has clones using their firmware, and the official cart's support does, the clone's does as well since the clone makers weren't actually doing any of the programming/updates themselves. Then instead of just one dead cart, you have at least 2.

Cybermage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i don't know if this has been reported yet but when i try to play soma bringer after it the "loading" screen it justs goes black and locks up my ds i have a 2i /w latest loaders on a ndsl

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cybermage said:
so i don't know if this has been reported yet but when i try to play soma bringer after it the "loading" screen it justs goes black and locks up my ds i have a 2i /w latest loaders on a ndsl
I have a dsi xl, ak2i(1.4), akAIO 1.6 RC2 and I never updated my loaders im using the translation and the games works perfect for me

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cybermage said:

working fine for me

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, just wondering has anyone got 'Star Wars The Clone Wars Jedi Alliance' working on AKAIO 1.6RC2
During loading the 'loading' text turns red - do you have to change some settings to get it working?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
pjmorie said:
Hi all, just wondering has anyone got 'Star Wars The Clone Wars Jedi Alliance' working on AKAIO 1.6RC2
During loading the 'loading' text turns red - do you have to change some settings to get it working?
Have you tried turning off the cheats/softreset options in AKAIO 1.6RC2 ?? (they're switched on by default) - I've known some games have trouble with these switched on

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
pjmorie said:
Have you tried turning off the cheats/softreset options in AKAIO 1.6RC2 ?? (they're switched on by default) - I've known some games have trouble with these switched on
Tried that and the same result. Game loads and when I select 'Start' from the main menu screens just go black. Seems to work on the R4 with the latest release of the Wood 1.05 kernal which is based on the Acekard RPG so taught it might work with the AK2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You live in Florida, so I believe it, you guys are crazy.
    At the time I would have probably fed it people lol
    Seriously cocaine not even once lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol +1