Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MARECLO said:
dekuleon said:
Another World said:
dekuleon said:
Hey guys, when I reset in-game all my settings of the AKmenu returns to default like if it was the first time that you load akaio.

Even the backgroud theme returns to the Black one.

I setted everuthing again, put the Zelda theme and turned off the DS.

Turned on, selected one game, played, and then I soft-reseted it again and all the settings even the Theme returned to default again...

Is someone having the same issue?

Plz help
biggrin.gif

none of the developers or beta testers have been able to duplicate this. we have determined it is microsd related. it seems some cards are improperly formatted. gparted live seems to fix some issues. there is a link to gparted in the akaio wiki.

-another world

Ok, my card is one Kingston 4gb class 4, formatted by Panasonic Formatter, I always use it.
Let's see what gonna happen. I've deleted globalsettings.ini
Turned on my DS. Ok the theme is the black one. Lets go to system options. I'll gnna show the CHANGES that I'm doing: Interface-Zelda, File List Style Internal Name, Trim ROM when copying-Enabled, Cheat Code Usage-Disabled. Now I pressed A and A again to change the theme. Now i'll turn off the ds only to guarantee. Now turned ON. Ok everything is the way that i setted. Loaded mario kard DS. Now i'm gonna press the reset. Oh nooo! The black theme returned and the settings too. :/ I'll disable soft-reset and set to zelda theme. Ok, pressed A and A. Oh my God, i changed settings after resetting and seeing that everything returned to default, now I got blackscreen. I'll turn off the DS. Turned on, my custom settings are ok. Gonna play mario kart. Oh no it froze, black screen.

This thing is strange... I'll let the soft reset disabled, so i'll not reset by mistake and revert my options...

Same here, when I soft-reset, the next game loaded gets a black screen and the only way is turning off the DS.
And I quit on changing skins since AKAIO 1.7 because it gets to the default one on almost every soft-reset.

EDIT: Formatting the microSD didn't work, and Super Scribblenauts with AAP On didn't work either =(

Didn't worked! I'm using the iND release!!!

About the soft-reset issue, I was using Akaio 1.6RC and it used to work perfectly...

OMG what can be goin on?? Reset issues (like sayd above) and the Super Scribblenauts isn't working with me and with the guy with the same resetting issue that I have. I'm stuck at the loop with 5th cell logo, WB logo and so...

I can guarantee that I've formatted my Kingson MicroSDHC 4GB Class 4 with Panasonic Formatter and enabled AntiPiracy Bypass.
I'm using the Super_Scribblenauts_USA_NDS-iND release. Acekard 2.1 HW 80.

excl.gif
excl.gif
Oh my HOLY GOD! Now I tested with one Kingston 1GB Taiwan and EVERYTHING WORKS as they should work, EVEN THE RESETTING ISSUE!!!
Super_Scribblenauts_USA_NDS-iND is working with AntiPiracy enabled, perfectly!!

My 4gb Kingston I've bought it from volumerates.com, maybe it is fake. Chinese site, like DealExtreme.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Sven Viking said:
Scrolling through files with the D-pad seems to be super-fast now regardless of what "Scroll speed" setting you're using, by the way.

Yeah, I really like that.
happy.gif

also, got Super Scribblenauts working -- my dumbass did not turn the AAP on.
tongue.gif
I thought it would be automatically enabled. >_> Thanks for the help, guys.

IgiveUgas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dekuleon said:
MARECLO said:
dekuleon said:
Another World said:
dekuleon said:
Hey guys, when I reset in-game all my settings of the AKmenu returns to default like if it was the first time that you load akaio.

Even the backgroud theme returns to the Black one.

I setted everuthing again, put the Zelda theme and turned off the DS.

Turned on, selected one game, played, and then I soft-reseted it again and all the settings even the Theme returned to default again...

Is someone having the same issue?

Plz help
biggrin.gif

none of the developers or beta testers have been able to duplicate this. we have determined it is microsd related. it seems some cards are improperly formatted. gparted live seems to fix some issues. there is a link to gparted in the akaio wiki.

-another world

Ok, my card is one Kingston 4gb class 4, formatted by Panasonic Formatter, I always use it.
Let's see what gonna happen. I've deleted globalsettings.ini
Turned on my DS. Ok the theme is the black one. Lets go to system options. I'll gnna show the CHANGES that I'm doing: Interface-Zelda, File List Style Internal Name, Trim ROM when copying-Enabled, Cheat Code Usage-Disabled. Now I pressed A and A again to change the theme. Now i'll turn off the ds only to guarantee. Now turned ON. Ok everything is the way that i setted. Loaded mario kard DS. Now i'm gonna press the reset. Oh nooo! The black theme returned and the settings too. :/ I'll disable soft-reset and set to zelda theme. Ok, pressed A and A. Oh my God, i changed settings after resetting and seeing that everything returned to default, now I got blackscreen. I'll turn off the DS. Turned on, my custom settings are ok. Gonna play mario kart. Oh no it froze, black screen.

This thing is strange... I'll let the soft reset disabled, so i'll not reset by mistake and revert my options...

Same here, when I soft-reset, the next game loaded gets a black screen and the only way is turning off the DS.
And I quit on changing skins since AKAIO 1.7 because it gets to the default one on almost every soft-reset.

EDIT: Formatting the microSD didn't work, and Super Scribblenauts with AAP On didn't work either =(

Didn't worked! I'm using the iND release!!!

About the soft-reset issue, I was using Akaio 1.6RC and it used to work perfectly...

OMG what can be goin on?? Reset issues (like sayd above) and the Super Scribblenauts isn't working with me and with the guy with the same resetting issue that I have. I'm stuck at the loop with 5th cell logo, WB logo and so...

I can guarantee that I've formatted my Kingson MicroSDHC 4GB Class 4 with Panasonic Formatter and enabled AntiPiracy Bypass.
I'm using the Super_Scribblenauts_USA_NDS-iND release. Acekard 2.1 HW 80.

All those having issues on the soft-reset ... as was said before, it is a micro-sd card issue. I had the same problem around AKAIO 1.6RC. Use gparted! For some reason on certain micro-sd cards, Panasonic Formatter will not correctly format these cards and leaves a couple bytes as padding. Use gparted and all your troubles are gone.

Thanks again to all those who work on AKAIO!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
for anyone who is experiencing this issue where the settings go back to default after a soft-reset, please do the following.

soft-reset to reset the settings back to default.
connect your msd to the computer and see if globalsettings.ini has been deleted.
if it has write down what you were playing when it happened, what microsd card you use, what class number, what brand, how you formatted it, what options you have enabled in akaio, if you were using cheats, etc, etc, etc.

-another world

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IgiveUgas said:
All those having issues on the soft-reset ... as was said before, it is a micro-sd card issue. I had the same problem around AKAIO 1.6RC. Use gparted! For some reason on certain micro-sd cards, Panasonic Formatter will not correctly format these cards and leaves a couple bytes as padding. Use gparted and all your troubles are gone.

If I use Gparted just one time and after sometime I use Panasonic formatter, do you think that I'll need to use Gparted to have my SD card properly formatted?

IgiveUgas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dekuleon said:
IgiveUgas said:

If I use Gparted just one time and after sometime I use Panasonic formatter, do you think that I'll need to use Gparted to have my SD card properly formatted?

I don't know the answer to that question. I haven't tried to reformat with Panasonic Formatter since using gparted. I'll try it out tomorrow and post then - it's bedtime. If anyone else knows, please respond
smile.gif

edit: stupid insomnia. The answer to your question is you will have to use gparted to reformat every time. I just tried to use Panasonic Formatter and after it formatted, windows would claim it wasn't formatted (tried to format with windows, but failed). Reformatted with gparted, and everything is fine. Just tried Super Scribblenauts and it works great. When formatting with gparted, make sure to make it all one partition (mine had a small partition of 4mb which the Panasonic Formatter would not format) and format it to fat32.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use gparted from a long time ago, but now it isn't working for my SD card. Maybe is the SD and maybe is the adaptor.... it gives 'unrecognized disk label' and it can't format...

I'll try the 'HDD Low Level Format Tool' from HDDGURU. It'll wipe it entirely so i'll need to create partition, for this i'll use panasonic's formatter.

Let's see what gonna happen... (Note that i'm trying to make mine 4gb kingston to work like mine 1gb kingston which is perfect)

EDIT1: 'HDD Low Level Format Tool' gave error, offset errors and so, it couldn't format my SD, maybe it is my adaptor... Gonna try with 'Active@ KillDisk'. This soft is very very great.

EDIT2: My SD is doing bad, i'll buy another today...

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CookiesMilk said:
How to use gparted...? I mounted it but I don't know how to run it...

You should download the ZIP version from the gparted site and seek the instructions provided by them to create one USB bootable disk with gparted. Then you'll boot it after loading your windows. Make sure you know how to boot from USB, its easy fell free to ask for more help.

IgiveUgas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dekuleon said:
I use gparted from a long time ago, but now it isn't working for my SD card.

I know in linux using gparted, you must unmount (eject) the drive before it will allow you to reformat. Just a thought and maybe suggestion for others trying to use gparted.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The gparted disc is a livecd, you can't mount it. You actually have to burn it and boot off of it. In gparted select your SD drive, delete the current partition, then make a new one that's FAT16/32 with 16KB clusters (if it asks that), taking up all the space it can. Apply the changes, then shutdown/reboot (from right-clicking the desktop) to get back into windows.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
greeeat! now i'm using a different microsd and everything is working perfectly!!

i bought one microsd from sony. 2gb taiwan.

i don't need more than 2gb since i allways trimm my roms and it can store many good games.

thanks again for akaio team!!

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
very good update!

but i cannot get to the root of my sd card (where it shows my favorite game i have short-cutted) it freezes...and i've formatted the card twice o_o

everything else works but that

the items scroll really fast too!
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...