Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Another World said:
CannonFoddr said:
[*]Acekard 2i with Actel chip = HW:80 = It depends on your point of view
- "Real" - but is actually an older design that were made by ex-members of the Acekard team,
- "Fake" by the existing Acekard team that control the offical website
i had to LOL at this. i duno whats up with the hw80, but there are no ex-members making cards and a fake team does not control www.acekard.com.

acekard did sell their design which was turned into the r4 clones. these are the clones that could run akaio (because it was actually an acekard under the hood). that design has been obviously sold again and now a really *pretty* clone has been produced. while this clone appears to have many issues it looks like the ak2i and wholesale outlets claim they can't tell the difference. this is mostly due in part to the fact that team acekard stopped selling to overseas retailers, these people are now forced to buy their product from a 3rd party and the chances of clones goes WAY up.
-another world
Thanks for clearing that bit up - I'm afraid I was going by the info I found on GBATemp from a supplier who's had a lot of trouble with cards (can't find the post @ the moment). I guess where they mention ex-members they should've been referring to 'sold design to 3rd party' instead

I hope you don't mind but I've included your explanation on one of my posts about 1.6RC1 'problems'
(By the way I didn't imply that the offical acekard site was run by fake team !!! so I don't know where you got that idea from
laugh.gif
)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just feel like dropping a comment about how I can't get Castlevania Portrait of Ruin to crash anymore.
smile.gif

Inbetween Wind (the quests) and Vincent (the shop), the game changes music. If you run between the screens repeatedly, some flashcarts might freeze.
AKAIO 1.5 did, 1.6 does not.
biggrin.gif

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gotta say i really love the fact i chose acekard as my flash card, i do wish though we could have more functionality like RTS implemented, that would be really cool to do that and if acekard would come out with Acekard 3 having a gba emu and snes emu that would work perfectly i would buy it

ill continue to support AKAIO in their updates

Ludo6431

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Rydian said:
If you mean it doesn't let moonshell 2 load, then no, it works for me.

If you mean that it breaks the ability to use moonshell to load roms, that's done on purpose, the loaders were changed to make sure nobody else could steal them for their own carts and make clones.
Try to start directly the "true" moonshell2 (not moonshl2.nds or moonshl2_dkP_r26.nds which are just loaders).
So try to start moonshl2_directboot.nds and it'll fail with a CRC error on the ARM9 code.
So imho the new argv/bootstub stuff added in this release modify the code in ram of moonshl2 and fails it's sanity check.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ludo6431 said:
This 1.6RC1 breaks the moonshel 2 load.
Rydian said:
If you mean it doesn't let moonshell 2 load, then no, it works for me.

If you mean that it breaks the ability to use moonshell to load roms, that's done on purpose, the loaders were changed to make sure nobody else could steal them for their own carts and make clones.Also if you have 1.6RC1 'soft reset' enabled - that can also prevent Moonshell from running

It comes up with a messageCODE
There is a loss in the main body of the ARM7/9 code.
Please copy moonshell2.nds with windows again.
The cause might be a loose connction of the equipment
Turn off 'soft reset' & you find it'll work

I know this, as I placed a bug report on AKAIO forums about this same thing (I think it was one of the first post of the new AKAIO).
You can see the reply I got here

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I found a graphical error in Pokémon Platinum.
A random encounter on top of Stark Mountain, has a weird, glitchy looking transition into battle.

This photo really doesn't do it justice, you'll have to go see for yourself.
II3z7.jpg

It appears to be entirely stable though, just a momentarily glitchy graphics.

fiva55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the release. I am happy to report that suspend saving now works for Etrian Odyssey 2.

Edit: though auto attack stopped working for me now, any one else got the same problem?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i got my acekard today and with akaio i think im in love, it plays all the games my crappy r4 never could

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Installed 1.6 RC1 on a brand new (original) Acekard2i. All working fine but after 24 hours I only saw "Loading.....".
It appeared that the filesystem on the 4Gb SD card (also brand new) was completely destroyed.
Even chkdsk.exe wouldn't run. After reformat of the SD card reverted back to the old 1.5.1.
No issues since then (4 days working now......).
Not sure whether it was caused by 1.6rc1.....anyone else seen this behaviour ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone