Almost All Flash Kits Blocked Permanently

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I never understood the reason for using a flash card on a 3ds unless you don't own a DS lite or phat, seeing as they can't play any 3DS specific software. I'll keep using my m3 real and my DS lite for DS games and ill be perfectly happy about it.

I own a DSL with a CycloDS (dead team but still good).
I absolutely want to play new Nintendo games (NSMB2, coming Zelda, Mario Kart 7), not even in 3D (poor feature).

So I bought a DSTwo and I found the 3DS XL very cool even for old games (playing Mario Kart on a big screen is cool for me, not for all)..

So...

For this reason I bought a DSiXL and never updated it, old games really look good on it.
The fact that I managed to sudokuhex it within minutes that the exploit was released, it's a big plus, at least I can play some emulators ( like NesDS ) with improved speed directly off the SD card, which makes my DSiXL much more worth then a 3DS or even 3DSXL at this point.

If I'll ever get a 3DS ( and I might do that when a Mario & Luigi game comes out or a new 2D Castlevania or Metroid ) it'll be strictly to play 3DS games, I wouldn't bother for a DS only mode flashcart at all, so this news kind of left me unaffected.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For this reason I bought a DSiXL and never updated it, old games really look good on it.
The fact that I managed to sudokuhex it within minutes that the exploit was released, it's a big plus, at least I can play some emulators ( like NesDS ) with improved speed directly off the SD card, which makes my DSiXL much more worth then a 3DS or even 3DSXL at this point.

If I'll ever get a 3DS ( and I might do that when a Mario & Luigi game comes out or a new 2D Castlevania or Metroid ) it'll be strictly to play 3DS games, I wouldn't bother for a DS only mode flashcart at all, so this news kind of left me unaffected.
Ooh, I envy you. I got a DSi XL on release day and wasn't aware of SudokuHax until a couple months later (too late).
I'm definitely never selling my DSi XL, I almost considered it a week before the new 3DS firmware update. I do like for my cart(s) to be compatible with my 3DS XL if I want to go out because keeping two DS's with me for the bus just seems like too big a risk. (Also, bulky. I am a lady and I don't like having to carry a purse that causes sustained use cramps.)
But I don't like the way the artificial upscaling looks on many games with the 3DS or the 3DS XL so I definitely prefer DSi XL for DS games at home.

Reactions: 2 people

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Unless I'm mistaken, Action Replays do not feature the proper hardware to work on the updated systems. It is not something a that can simply be solved with a firmware update.

That is disappointing to hear, so datel will release yet another hardware revision that I would have to pay for again. No way, I already have 2 versions of the action replay ds/dsi and I am not buying another; their resale value is 0 so I am stuck with them once they are made useless by nintendo. The only thing I can do is use the dsi action replay on my dsi xl but that would mean more inconvenience for me if I want to mess around with a ds game and cheats. Not that I have a choice in the matter thanks to nintendo, the sooner we gain back control of OUR hardware thanks to hackers, the better, and that region lock removal is long overdue.

Ooh, I envy you. I got a DSi XL on release day and wasn't aware of SudokuHax until a couple months later (too late).
I'm definitely never selling my DSi XL, I almost considered it a week before the new 3DS firmware update. I do like for my cart(s) to be compatible with my 3DS XL if I want to go out because keeping two DS's with me for the bus just seems like too big a risk. (Also, bulky. I am a lady and I don't like having to carry a purse that causes sustained use cramps.)
But I don't like the way the artificial upscaling looks on many games with the 3DS or the 3DS XL so I definitely prefer DSi XL for DS games at home.

I'm in the same boat, my travel case could fit a 3ds and my dsi xl together but the risk of my bag being snatched off me and loosing TWO consoles instead of one is not a risk I want to take, you can blame yet again nintendo for that predicament, we wouldn't have that problem and everything would work on one console, but nope that is not the way its supposed to be.

I'm a lady too but I find it more practical to carry a rucksack with me than a handbag as you can carry more stuff :) I hate the way ds games looks on the 3ds but it's about convenience for me more than anything having everything I need one one console instead of many.

Reactions: exangel

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well that sucks, now we need to wait for a new card and buy that correct? It can't be fixed with software but with new hardware/ BIOS in a sense(FPGA Program not firmware)
God no. What the 3DS needs is CFW. We can store games on the SD card, hopefully it's only a matter of time.
While a CFW would be grand, there's no money in it for Chinese cottage industries, so I imagine flashcarts will come first. I hope I'm wrong though.

Reactions: 3 people

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks, now we need to wait for a new card and buy that correct? It can't be fixed with software but with new hardware/ BIOS in a sense(FPGA Program not firmware)
God no. What the 3DS needs is CFW. We can store games on the SD card, hopefully it's only a matter of time.
While a CFW would be grand, there's no money in it for Chinese cottage industries, so I imagine flashcarts will come first. I hope I'm wrong though.
I really doubt that. Who's gonna buy flash carts with PayPal sticking their dicks in our business?

Reactions: 1 person

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really doubt that. Who's gonna buy flash carts with PayPal sticking their dicks in our business?

Maybe it is my buying stuff online for years and maybe it is, as has been noted in the past, my generally not paying attention to the world at large but is paypal not being a viable means of payment that much of a troubling thing?

On a different matter jalaneme I fear you fundamentally misunderstand the device developer/manufacturer/maintainer - consumer relationship. As for cheating if only there were ways to get saves off games and devices that could run modified versions of those games.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Mmmm Papypal is not a problem.

I bought my DSTWo from Zhuzhuchina, using Papyal and you can see thaht I'm in France...

The process is no more automated of course, you must send an email then wait for the answer with the real paypal address then pay then wait for, etc...
But it works.

Papypal sux but less than Western Union I think ;)

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st post updated with an image for supported r4i gold/r4idsn flash kits.

-another world
The image itself doesn't actually say carts 9, A, B, and C are the only ones currently supported though. Might want to make a note of that. Cyan also posted an updated image @ http://gbatemp.net/topic/302773-firmware-update-compilation-thread-list-of-flashcards-working-on-3ds/page__view__findpost__p__4403590

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I know is that have had a run around with paypal when ordering from other countries, as well as I know they have been shutting down flash cart suppliers.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
All I know is that have had a run around with paypal when ordering from other countries, as well as I know they have been shutting down flash cart suppliers.

zhuzhuchina got fucked in the ass by paypal after they refused to support them..if you even look on the website it says, that was one of the reasons why were thinking about closing..but haven't yet...

the government is forcing paypal / making it worth their while, to refuse to work with these "terrorists"

1st post updated with an image for supported r4i gold/r4idsn flash kits.

-another world
The image itself doesn't actually say carts 9, A, B, and C are the only ones currently supported though. Might want to make a note of that. Cyan also posted an updated image @ http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4403590

oh...I second that post...but...why is 1-3 not there?...

pretty much...if your R4i has an ACTEL chip in it..you're fucked..right?
Mmmm Papypal is not a problem.

I bought my DSTWo from Zhuzhuchina, using Papyal and you can see thaht I'm in France...

The process is no more automated of course, you must send an email then wait for the answer with the real paypal address then pay then wait for, etc...
But it works.

Papypal sux but less than Western Union I think ;)

so I send an email to "pigxxxxxxxx.com" containing what?..there is a order number...and something is said about some "moneybookers" bullshit. but if I have to go through that...i'll just pay the marked up rate at RHS...zhuzhuchina is the cheapest one though, and I'd prefer I go there..but i'm confused how to purchase items there.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Paypal Shmaypal. If people want flashcarts (which they will if that's the only way to play roms on a 3DS), they're find ways to get them/other methods to pay for them.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If PayPal wanted the blueprints to which websites are ducking them by using a post-sale email system, all they need to do is come to gbatemp. Honestly people, PM's about this stuff...don't ruin it for other people....and most importantly, use your brain. If you think I'm being unrationale, do this, email your seller and ask them if it's okay if you talk about their post-sale messaging system, to make a PayPal payment, on a popular online website.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A bunch of websites have also said they would have an "upgrade" to support 3ds game roms.
That reminds me, I wonder where all the people who said they believed the teams and bought one of those carts (there were like five of them) went to... they were pretty vocal about standing up for it until enough time passed that they realized it was bullshit.

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is great news for flashcart makers. Everyone now has to buy new flashcarts. Flashcart makers will make huge profits, ensuring the vitality of the flashcart and hacking hardware makers for a long time to come.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is disappointing to hear, so datel will release yet another hardware revision that I would have to pay for again. No way, I already have 2 versions of the action replay ds/dsi and I am not buying another; their resale value is 0 so I am stuck with them once they are made useless by nintendo. The only thing I can do is use the dsi action replay on my dsi xl but that would mean more inconvenience for me if I want to mess around with a ds game and cheats. Not that I have a choice in the matter thanks to nintendo, the sooner we gain back control of OUR hardware thanks to hackers, the better, and that region lock removal is long overdue.

I still do not see how you are mad at Nintendo for blocking third party, unlicensed add-ons. They blocked illegal flashcarts, and ONE actual peripheral (that refuses to pay Nintendo a licensing fee) that is sold in stores. All Datel has to do is license their product with Nintendo. They probably refuse to pay the licensing fee, so you no longer get to use it. Nintendo waited years before implementing this method. Most likely on purpose. A bit funny how it gets updated close to the release of Pokemon Black/White 2.

This is one of the many reasons I kept my DSLite (that and for GBA). This is just like how Playstation keeps on changing their passphrases for PSN so that the hackers do not get on with modded consoles. If you want to use Nintendo's services (which include firmware and OS updates) then you have to follow Nintendo's rules. It could not be any simpler. Next time, don't blindly update.

Reactions: 3 people

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country

I still do not see how you are mad at Nintendo for blocking third party, unlicensed add-ons. They blocked illegal flashcarts, and ONE actual peripheral (that refuses to pay Nintendo a licensing fee) that is sold in stores. All Datel has to do is license their product with Nintendo. They probably refuse to pay the licensing fee, so you no longer get to use it. Nintendo waited years before implementing this method. Most likely on purpose. A bit funny how it gets updated close to the release of Pokemon Black/White 2.

This is one of the many reasons I kept my DSLite (that and for GBA). This is just like how Playstation keeps on changing their passphrases for PSN so that the hackers do not get on with modded consoles. If you want to use Nintendo's services (which include firmware and OS updates) then you have to follow Nintendo's rules. It could not be any simpler. Next time, don't blindly update.

Yeah! I promised myself that I wouldn't update my 3DS until my SuperCard is in the mail and until the SC team has an update. I really do wonder why no one uses their common sense anymore.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If PayPal wanted the blueprints to which websites are ducking them by using a post-sale email system, all they need to do is come to gbatemp. Honestly people, PM's about this stuff...don't ruin it for other people....and most importantly, use your brain. If you think I'm being irrational, do this, email your seller and ask them if it's okay if you talk about their post-sale messaging system, to make a PayPal payment, on a popular online website.

I second this motion.

This is great news for flashcart makers. Everyone now has to buy new flashcarts. Flashcart makers will make huge profits, ensuring the vitality of the flashcart and hacking hardware makers for a long time to come.
Technically only 3 of them (so far) benefit so to speak. Of course that assumes that people will update. And that people will want to continue using flashcarts. Personally, I am waiting for some more progress in terms of function first before getting yet another flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee