ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK... I am almost officially ready to give up with ever trying to get the "Save Editor" aspect of this to work (I can't even begin to entertain the idea of actually editing and one day "Injecting" my save file) which is completely unlike me.

I have just about every version from 7.? up to the most recent update on the newest console.

Using several different "Older" 3DS models Ver. 9.0-10.? and owning Cubic Ninja as well as having also purchased several new Memory Cards (tonight, and it was kind of a last ditch effort) I have been completely unable to make much of anything happen. Once and only once did the Browserhax actually install and only once did the menuhax actually install. The problem was that afterwards it wouldn't load.

I don't want to get into rediculously long messages about how to do this and what to do then because I have watched hours (sad I know) of videos, read through almost 200 of this threads posts and STILL can't get it to work. So now I have a proposition...

I am a VERY honest person but not naive. I know that I may get scammed making this offer, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this to work!!! So here it is. I will pay (via PayPal) someone $100.00 to literally walk me through this (as in Skype so I can both see it being done in real time and be able to ask questions if need be). I don't need to see your face, just the relevant screens that will (hopefully) show me how to do this. I will wire $50.00 to your PayPal account once you meet a couple of very reasonable requests. Once you contact me and I have determined that 1. You have Skype 2. You then have to add me (obviously) and demonstrate to me that you truly have a thorough knowledge of the process. If you do those two things I will transfer the $50.00 immediately through PayPal. Once the job is done (I realize that it just might not work, but I do expect a decent effort on your part though I don't expect you to spend hours trying either) I will immediately transfer the other $50.00 through PayPal to you.

If you live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and can do it for me I will pay you $250.00 cash. Obviously we would have to meet, and to make it "safe" we can meet in a public area and I'll bring my laptop so everything will already be there when I need it.

If you are uncomfortable with the idea of chatting via Skype I can load it with the camera on for me and I'll show you (literally) who I am. I also have a badge (obviously I'm not going to say what kind) which I will also show you. I can appreciate that some people might not like that very much, but I bring it up because again, I am honest (and trusting to a fault sometimes) but when I took certain responsibilities (especially those that involve human lives) I did not do so lightly. So I bring up the badge not as a threatening gesture but as a good faith one. I could care less about your identity/backgroung or if you have "recreational" items in or on your person. All I care about is being able to dump/edit/inject my town again like I did before Nintendo messed up the RAM editor.

Sorry for the rediculously long post, I just can't allocate any more time to what seems to be a lost cause in my case so I thought it was better to be thorough and clear. One last thing, if you prefer talking on the phone first before Skype (can always call from a blocked number) that's more than OK. Yes my name is Rose and yes that's my picture.

Thanks all for reading this. I'm going to be checking this post frequently but please be patient if it takes me a couple of hours to respond (I have as I'm sure you do as well, real life things to tend to).

I can try helping you for free. It has been a while since I've installed it, but I'll give it my best.

pattyjo33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !
Can you help me ?
I have a red screen when I try to use "save_manager" or "JKSM" to backup my ACNL savegame.
I can select "ACNL" with A, but then I have a Red screen.
Thanks !

pattyjo33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey !
I don't know if it's the latest version of the Homebrew Launcher. I use 1.1.1 version.
Yesterday all worked fine but today....:cry:
I need help.
Thanks again.

irlsiren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, not sure if anyone can help but i'm using oothax on 11.0 and whenever i try to export my save using JKSV or save manager it won't show anything up on the SD card? Like no garden.dat file anywhere...and acnl manager just says missing target title. not sure what to do.

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, not sure if anyone can help but i'm using oothax on 11.0 and whenever i try to export my save using JKSV or save manager it won't show anything up on the SD card? Like no garden.dat file anywhere...and acnl manager just says missing target title. not sure what to do.
JKSV uses its own folder, so it'll be on SD:/JKSV/Saves/Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf/<your save files>

Onzy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@irlsiren Your game must be inserted into the console. You have to go to the homebrew channel then go on JKSM. Choose a game (ACNL) and press A. Choose export save option and press A, in your root of SD go JSKM, save and Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf, into it, You have garden_plus.dat, friends1.dat, etc.
Oh, Rydog is so fast. ^_^

Last edited by Onzy,
Reactions: RyDog

irlsiren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@irlsiren Your game must be inserted into the console. You have to go to the homebrew channel then go on JKSM. Choose a game (ACNL) and press A. Choose export save option and press A, in your root of SD go JSKM, save and Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf, into it, You have garden_plus.dat, friends1.dat, etc.
Oh, Rydog is so fast. ^_^
I ended up figuring it out, thank you! I actually had the .cia file in there accidentally.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Seems to be 7FF8 for every snowmans, but I think it doesn't work properly.
Probably a flag to differentiate between them...
@marc_max Hello, for me, Snowman and Snowboy does not work! I think that I'm not the only one to have this problem.
but thank you very much for this website! :D

And now I remember why I disabled them last year lol
I've disabled them again.

I changed my character's name after starting the game, but it still lists my original name when writing a letter.
Is that a known issue or something that's been overlooked? It's not really a big deal; just a minor annoyance..
It's not an issue. It's working how the game would act.
Just in case anyone's interested in unlocking emotions with hex edit here's how to do it :)

Back up your save so you won't lose it!

First, open your garden_plus in HxD or whatever

Find these offsets:
Mayor: x8A70 - x8A9F
Player 2: x12Ef0 - x12F1F
Player 3: x1D370 - x1D39F
Player 4: x277F0 - x2781F

Replace with
1B 0A 14 1E 0C 20 11 02 29 08 26 2B 2E 2C 2A 18
13 1D 03 21 06 24 16 05 15 12 28 0E 10 27 0D 04
0B 07 19 1C 17 1A 01 09 FF 00 45 00 FF FF FF FF
Be careful with those bytes, they are killing some bytes of information not related with emotions.
Anyway, next release will have the emotion unlocker cheat. I've found that I already started coding it, but abandoned for some reason.

You can't change things like playtime, main street, or the villagers familiarity with you, right? I'm thinking I'm pretty much at this point already though.
I've noticed there isn't an option to edit birthday, think its possible to edit this? Since I've lost my save file from the update and I'll be using a friend's save in the meantime.
Not with this save editor. But you can change your villagers to what you want and a familiarity level is not so hard to get.
Upgrading anything to max. will takes bit of time, but you can change your town tree size (the only visible playtime).
Well, the editor can indeed edit those (and more) but only in the dev side. They are just not enabled for some reasons.
I have color vision issues and have a difficult time telling the shades of green apart on the map editor, as well as issues telling the greenish color for the music apart from the grey color for the empty tiles. Any chance more friendly colors will be used, at least optionally?
Oh, wish I could help you. Send me a PM with new color suggestions, I can easily add a color blindness mode :-)

pattyjo33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I use JKSM (or save_manager) and press A my bottom screen becomes red.
I can't dump/inject my ACNL savegame :(
My homebrew version is 1.1.1
I need your help please :(

Onzy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I use JKSM (or save_manager) and press A my bottom screen becomes red.
I can't dump/inject my ACNL savegame :(
My homebrew version is 1.1.1
I need your help please :(

SD card files must be as me :

SD/JKSV/Boss
SD/JKSV/Saves
SD/JKSV/Shared
SD/JKSV/SysSave
SD/JKSV/filter

SD/3ds/JKSM/JKSM.3dsx
SD/3ds/JKSM/JKSM.smdh
SD/3ds/JKSM/JKSM.xml

So, verify on your SD.
Then, go Homebrew Launcher and JKSM, press A, choose a game (ACNL) and press A. Choose Export save option to dump your ACNL save game.
If it's ok, try install the last JKSM : https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/releases/tag/6-30-2016

after dump, you must have :

SD/JKSV/Saves/Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf/NameOfYourSaveFile/exhibition.dat
SD/JKSV/Saves/Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf/NameOfYourSaveFile/friend1.dat
SD/JKSV/Saves/Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf/NameOfYourSaveFile/friend2.dat
SD/JKSV/Saves/Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf/NameOfYourSaveFile/garden_plus.dat
SD/JKSV/Saves/Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf/NameOfYourSaveFile/mydsgn1.dat
SD/JKSV/Saves/Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf/NameOfYourSaveFile/updated.dat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1