Not open for further replies.

Three-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet you shared this video without addressing the bullshit being spewed and spawned by it.
Youre as guilty as the videomaker for spreading misinformation.
I said the video wasnt mine. I said that I wanted to get it out there incase it was something, we could potentially find work arounds. I never said anything to be factual either. Thats why I used the word apparently, because its speculation and I do not have evidence to back it up other than the video that I saw

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i mean, thats easy to say when you dont have to make money in the video game industry and all. your options have always been paying to have or not paying and not having.

it never was paying once to have forever or paying once and getting multiple times. if you like a movie in theatres, you're paying 2 or 3 times to see it again and again and then you pay once more for a blueray release or for video on demand.
or you dont and accept that you don't get the movie again until its on tv (where you also pay for it in cable fees or whatever)
That's why I was referring to Steam, or something like digital movies.
You get them once, they're tied to your account indefinitely for grabs when you want them anytime.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Ziggyhacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone:
To be clear, Nintendo hasn't removed any games from their servers. This means that FreeShop is still available for every game previously listed unless the FreeShop owners removed a game. Let's not chastise the owner for his small mistake, and keep in mind that he also preemptively apologized.

Three-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I was referring to Steam, or something like digital movies.
You get them once, they're tied to your account indefinitely for grabs when you want them anytime.
But Nintendo sees profit in having you buy it multiple times sadly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Everyone:
To be clear, Nintendo hasn't removed any games from their servers. This means that FreeShop is still available for every game previously listed unless the FreeShop owners removed a game. Let's not chastise the owner for his small mistake, and keep in mind that he also preemptively apologized.
I had good intentions in posting this. I wasnt trying to start a while goose chase or anything, I just wanted to get word out incase something does/did happen we could try to find a workaround

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sharing piracy links is not allowed, so here is a great tip if you want clean safety backups of the NDS games you actually own: NoIntroNintendoDsNumberedDecrypted

yep ... and dont forget the other NoIntro sets form older consoles ... ther will be always a place in the www where people get free roms ... there are enough Private Trackers witch save every verified Backup

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because you can still find roms on some sites doesn't discredit what's happening.
Generally sites have a timeframe to respond to requests and some may be hosted in places where copyright is a grey area or servers are hosted in such places.

I mean come on, if emu p is dropping sections because of DMCA, they're not making it up.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But Nintendo sees profit in having you buy it multiple times sadly
I know, and this pisses me off.
They are basically trying to shut off any other way possible to get the games but from them and their multiple re-releases.
And with the constant shift if consoles, they still charge you to play the same game you got in the previous one in the new one.
Not to mention the fucking limited catalog they offer on their service, which is next to nothing compared to the overall library.

And this is why I go for homebrew emulators instead of VC.
Oh and don't forget the fact that they don't offer any option to disable filters or change resolution like in other consoles.
Seriously, Nintendo is really driving me off with their legal actions against everything.
No wonder why they are targeted for piracy most of the time.

Three-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, and this pisses me off.
They are basically trying to shut off any other way possible to get the games but from them and their multiple re-releases.
And with the constant shift if consoles, they still charge you to play the same game you got in the previous one in the new one.
Not to mention the fucking limited catalog they offer on their service, which is next to nothing compared to the overall library.

And this is why I go for homebrew emulators instead of VC.
Oh and don't forget the fact that they don't offer any option to disable filters or change resolution like in other consoles.
Seriously, Nintendo is really driving me off with their legal actions against everything.
No wonder why they are targeted for piracy most of the time.
I hate the shit they're doing with the switch with Mario kart 8 deluxe where they basically bring up a game from the previous system with minimal tweaks, to sell it as a new game instead of just making another game.

xelrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just because you can still find roms on some sites doesn't discredit what's happening.
Generally sites have a timeframe to respond to requests and some may be hosted in places where copyright is a grey area or servers are hosted in such places.

I mean come on, if emu p is dropping sections because of DMCA, they're not making it up.
How would you now they dropped roms due to being dmca'ed?
How are you so sure they just dropped it recently, not sometime ago?
Unless we could get emup site maintainer to confirm this, this thread is just a den of misinformation and baseless speculation.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone lamenting the loss of easily downloadable complete romsets for older consoles I'd like to mention that Smokemonster's romsets (arguably the finest collections of their kind) are still very much up and that these tend to be populated with roms from the No Intro sets.

Last edited by SG6000,

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless we could get emup site maintainer to confirm this, this thread is just a den of misinformation and baseless speculation.

Because I redownloaded gba games there last week when I was making cia injects for my 3ds.

Reactions: Three-

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I downloaded Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World from Paradise past Monday, forward to Wednesday the same week and same ROM, along with several others, were already down.

This was done during this week, I know for a fact.

Reactions: Three-

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
DMCA bla bla ... Maybe the sites Clean simply there servers from games what not have many download and save there space :D
You must not know how archiving works.
Sharing piracy links is not allowed, so here is a great tip if you want clean safety backups of the NDS games you actually own: NoIntroNintendoDsNumberedDecrypted
Running wget as we speak. I'm setting up a private archive server.

Last edited by Joom,

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Please...
Just admit were are all dirty pirates.
Piracy is always bad. Stop being so entitled and trying to justify it.
"Dump" your "own" cart and stfu.
never said I wasn't
  • So, I tried for myself. I google Pokemon Leaf Green rom. The third link I clicked gave me a working download. Searching took me less than 2 minutes.
this could change quick.

Well if this is true about Nintendo cracking down, it might take them awhile to get from website to website. So currently it could be easy to do it. But there is a potential that itll become harder in day/weeks to come. But this is all speculation
Exactly.

Last edited by Luglige,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!