Apple announces iPad Air

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the internet, where everyone fights about anything with everyone else. But it doesn't matter to me what you buy.

I seriously don't care either. Hell, I'm the most unorthodox user. I have an Android phone, with a Macbook Pro and a Windows desktop. What the fuck.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously don't care either. Hell, I'm the most unorthodox user. I have an Android phone, with a Macbook Pro and a Windows desktop. What the fuck.
Preferences clash and people argue, it's like any other discussion when someone is set in stone in whatever side they choose and just join the uninformed bandwagon of people who don't understand different views on other devices.

But anyway, I'm not a Apple fan myself, but I am curious about the A7 chip.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Often called Windows Mistake Edition. Never used Vista and I'm glad I never did :P

ME, well I tried it, got a BSOD after installation and first boot.
Then reinstalled it again and got it working quite wel..

Neh, Win 2K all the way <3

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
98 SE was pretty sweet, 2K was a massive improvement over it and used it for a long time.
Win Xp was pretty okay after SP2
Win 7 is one of the better ones yes.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
You mean just like people shouldn' t be excited about the Nexus 5, HTC One Max and whatever is coming around for the next 12 months from all the big players since NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM has a groundbreaking feature?

Exactly, they are excited because when something new comes out they see what they have and start seeing all the flaws only to make an excuse to buy the new one even if the only change is a different case color. but in one year the hardware is escalating rather quickly, so wait a year and see what new things are coming out doesn't sound like a bad plan, if you have the money of course.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd much rather have a $400 heavier tablet that actually gets stuff done and lets me customize it how I want than a $500 tablet that is limited to everything, has an ugly UI

You highlight a problem with tablets and phones: they are locked down with regards to what OS they are able to run.

If you were able to install Android on the iPad Air, would your opinion of the device change? WOuld it then be worth the extra $100?

To me, the hardware seems worth the extra cash.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just took a shower , so this is the new an improved me. I'm a little faster ( because of the lack of dirt ) and prettier looking ( because of the shower)

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just took a shower , so this is the new an improved me. I'm a little faster ( because of the lack of dirt ) and prettier looking ( because of the shower)

Yeah, but you're ten years old.

Nobody wants the 2004, people want the Air 2014 :rolleyes:

This is me trying to be funny. I've lost it entirely, haven't I?

Reactions: air2004

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard Leo Laporte say that 64 bit on tablets and phones is overkill and will drain the battery faster. It is unnecessary.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have an iPad 4 and love it but have been using it less since I got an iPhone 5. They both do the same things except my phone seems to do things faster, hence me using it less. I was looking forward to this to see if I'd want it eventually but eh, I'd rather wait for the next iPad release or even the next one after that. Support for the 4 isn't going anywhere for a few more years. I'd rather wait until the 64-bit architecture becomes more of a standard on the apps and has touch ID support and etc

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure how they're supposed to innovate when it comes to a flat slab of plastic with a screen attached to it. A tablet is a tablet, right now it's a specs and OS war more than anything.

Well, look at the Microsoft Surface line. They show a lot of innovation. The Surface has a built in kickstand and a really good keyboard cover, so you can prop it up in your lap, on the table, wherever. The surface pro 2 line is basically an ultrabook in tablet form that has an active digitizer, has battery life comprable to an iPad, and can run regular desktop applications. You get a tablet with real PC guts for only a few hundred dollars more than an iPad.

Microsoft's partners have also had some really innovative tablet PC designs over the year.

Apple basically refuses to do anything with its iPad line other than release the Jobs-approved giant iPod touch/iPhone tablet. It is too bad too, because I bet a lot of Apple fanatics would buy a tablet version of the Macbook Air along similar lines to the Surface Pro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1