Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarkDarkness said:
n8littlefield said:
So....any chance we'll see results this weekend?
The cake is a lie. Tempas doesn't really exist.

The cake is not a lie, and the results (I would hope) will be out on new years.
rolleyes.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Turtle said:
deishido said:
although saying this may cause a panic...

HAPPY NEW YEARS! \o/

...and still no results...
dry.gif
I'm sure they'll be released soon. :> We just have to be patient.

Yeah, it's not like the persons who judge the entries don't have a social life or so.
They are probably still partying now.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Satangel said:
Turtle said:
deishido said:

HAPPY NEW YEARS! \o/

dry.gif

Yeah, it's not like the persons who judge the entries don't have a social life or so.
I happen to have a social life. I have partied in different places between the 24th and the 1st, and did a fair amount of drinking and going out. Irregardless, I still managed to read half a novel in this timespan, doing my reading before going to bed.

This "omg life" excuse has gotten old, nothing takes this long. Either something went wrong or somebody's being a primadonna.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarkDarkness said:
Satangel said:
Turtle said:
deishido said:

HAPPY NEW YEARS! \o/

dry.gif

I happen to have a social life. I have partied in different places between the 24th and the 1st, and did a fair amount of drinking and going out. Irregardless, I still managed to read half a novel in this timespan, doing my reading before going to bed.

This "omg life" excuse has gotten old, nothing takes this long. Either something went wrong or somebody's being a primadonna.

Well I am not sure about nothing...
wink.gif

Remember that post by mthrnite back on the 27?

QUOTE(mthrnite @ Dec 27 2009, 07:27 PM)
Sorry it's taking so long. Votes are counted up, so that part's over. We've got a couple of behind the scenes things to do before we can announce though, and some of the staff is busy with real-life holiday stuff. So bear with us, and accept our apologies. It won't be long now.

edit: oops, votes are mostly counted. Hey, it's the holidays, y'know how it is.
biggrin.gif

That means, that if he was telling the truth most if not all votes were counted by the 28. I am not ragging on the staff at all because I know they are busy, but MarkDarkness is right. If all the votes were counted by the 28, what's holding the announcements back? If it's not the votes, is it the suppliers (well that is just a guess)?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
MarkDarkness said:

^ This is right. i actually argued in the defence of them on the 29th but its now the new year and like im sure many of you iv had family parties around christmas and i went out drinking yday and theres still not even an official "sorry were delayed" announcement"

i figure either:

1) one of the emails for the comp had its entries deleted or lost making it void
2) the supplier didnt come through on the deal and there is no prizes (which if true needs an announcement)
3) some or all of the people involved in judging the comp took the prizes themselfs
4) they need all of the "judges" online at the same time so the winner can be discussed properly

iv put those in the order i think is likely whats happened but whatever the case is someone needs to answer whats going on once and for all in a OFFICIAL Announcement on the main page to just explain if something has gone wrong or if its just taking longer than expected

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terenigma said:
i actually argued in the defence of them on the 29th but its now the new year and like im sure many of you iv had family parties around christmas and i went out drinking yday and theres still not even an official "sorry were delayed" announcement"

i figure either:

1) one of the emails for the comp had its entries deleted or lost making it void
2) the supplier didnt come through on the deal and there is no prizes (which if true needs an announcement)
3) some or all of the people involved in judging the comp took the prizes themselfs
4) they need all of the "judges" online at the same time so the winner can be discussed properly

iv put those in the order i think is likely whats happened but whatever the case is someone needs to answer whats going on once and for all in a OFFICIAL Announcement on the main page to just explain if something has gone wrong or if its just taking longer than expected

You can mark out the 3rd choice, because I believe the GBATemp Mods are judging the entries, and I believe the mods are trustworthy.
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yeah, the staff should be reliable
tongue.gif

but anyway, complaining in this topic won't help much
believe me, time goes faster if you don't think about it all the time

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
tongue.gif

Lol I have been thinking about it since I entered. It's really tough to forget about the contest (that has been delayed or something without announcement). There are tons of great entries, and I would like to know. It's really eating me (it's just because I am that way...
frown.gif
).

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sterl500 said:
tj_cool said:
tongue.gif

Lol I have been thinking about it since I entered. It's really tough to forget about the contest (that has been delayed or something without announcement). There are tons of great entries, and I would like to know. It's really eating me (it's just because I am that way...
frown.gif
).
Though I really need to win a DS (to actually own one again), I'm in this much more for the competition. I am really, really anxious to see how my entry fares against other entries, and being able to read/see/listen to them - there's nothing cooler than seeing the effort of such a diverse amount of people focuses on a single thing... to anybody who likes art, this is heaven.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Sterl500 said:
Terenigma said:
i actually argued in the defence of them on the 29th but its now the new year and like im sure many of you iv had family parties around christmas and i went out drinking yday and theres still not even an official "sorry were delayed" announcement"

i figure either:

You can mark out the 3rd choice, because I believe the GBATemp Mods are judging the entries, and I believe the mods are trustworthy.
smile.gif

Given the circumstances (no announcement as to why they havent stayed true to a deadline they themselfes set) can you blame for thinking the 3rd choice? i mean lots are people are making justifyable excuses to why its been late but lots of mods and admins have been online this week. it only takes 1 to explain there is a delay to put everyones mind at ease and assure them it IS coming

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terenigma said:
Given the circumstances (no announcement as to why they havent stayed true to a deadline they themselfes set) can you blame for thinking the 3rd choice? i mean lots are people are making justifyable excuses to why its been late but lots of mods and admins have been online this week. it only takes 1 to explain there is a delay to put everyones mind at ease and assure them it IS coming

I can't blame you for thinking that, but the staff here have in the past (from what I have heard, and my experience) always honored the contests with the promised prizes. If the supplier has not held up their end of the bargain, then I am sure a staff member will let us know. Until then though, we'll keep complaining, maybe it will elicit some response.
wink.gif

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tread is pointless and needs to be closed. They will announce it when its done. That's all. No amount of complaining or speculating is going to speed them up (if it were me it would make me stall). What is the purpose of this thread? No one is getting help or advice (what this forum is for) and everybody is arguing over something no one knows anything about.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ace Gunman said:
The results are delayed for a bit because of some complications. We'll announce them when we announce them, just be patient.

you tell him ace

what a big shot
tongue.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
This tread is pointless and needs to be closed. They will announce it when its done. That's all. No amount of complaining or speculating is going to speed them up (if it were me it would make stall). What is the purpose of this thread? No one is getting help or advice (what this forum is for) and everybody is arguing over something no one knows anything about.

Well the point is now, we need a staff member to make an announcement pointing out why the results are slow in coming (or never coming). And why close this topic, when it keeps all the complaints in one place, and maybe the staff will see? If you notice the forum is not just about giving advice, it's also about discussion.
lecture.gif

EDIT: Well a staff member just replied (thanks Ace
biggrin.gif
), but the point still stands that this is a topic for discussion .

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
-Deleted- thanks for update ace altho it was still kinda vauge
rofl2.gif

*goes back to playing Phantasy star zero*

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
hundshamer said:
This tread is pointless and needs to be closed. They will announce it when its done. That's all. No amount of complaining or speculating is going to speed them up (if it were me it would make stall). What is the purpose of this thread? No one is getting help or advice (what this forum is for) and everybody is arguing over something no one knows anything about.

Well the point is now, we need a staff member to make an announcement pointing out why the results are slow in coming (or never coming). And why close this topic, when it keeps all the complaints in one place, and maybe the staff will see? If you notice the forum is not just about giving advice, it's also about discussion.
lecture.gif

EDIT: Well a staff member just replied (thanks Ace
biggrin.gif
), but the point still stands that this is a topic for discussion .
O.K. the discussion part I get, but the complaining? The results will be posted when they are done. Why distract them with a thread about posting the results? Instead shouldn't we leave them alone so they can spend their time getting us those results instead of reading this? There are complications as they have stated more than once which may not be their business to discuss. Patience... If you wait they will come...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: