Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any information about what happened to the pc companion app called "starlink" that was in development sometime in 2021 by scires? I checked the Github but there's no code and no activity since 2021. Has this been abandoned completely? The ability to develop cheats using your computer while using your switch as a remote target seems super useful.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@LightBeam , on my opinion, you should stop on relying to Tinfoil, ... Was a Time when it was *really nice " , but was a long Time ago...

Don't want to start a debate, but the fact IS that développers have made a lot more, not exluding users.
Oh don't worry, I don't rely on tinfoil either, I just didn't knew of another way to check the prodinfo. I use DBI and sometimes awoo when I don't feel like plugging my console to my pc

@LightBeam try the first one called "mod" and see if it can help you :D
Tried it and it didn't worked.
Just to explain to few steps I did just in case : backup sysnand, plugged on my PC to copy and rename the file to prodinfo_emunand.bin, booted again in incognito_rcm and pressed restore. Went fine except for a pkg1 error or something
Anyway, my problem was with HOW I extracted prodinfo in the first place. Instead of the regular extraction, I chose the decrypt to location option (or something like that), and then my SN showed up correctly in emummc after flashing that one.
Just tried that and it's still not working.

Tried both versions of incognito_rcm, even downgraded to FW 16.1.0, retried everything and it still doesn't work. The crash still occurs in 16.1 tho, it's not a fatal error and I never heard of any mention of something like that but at that point I'm not even interested in having the game running, I just want to understand why can't I have any serial on my emunand

Also tried to « incognito » through incognito_rcm the prodinfo to have it dummied, it said success everytime yet when I go check the serial in the settings it still doesn't work.
When I checked the prodinfo through incognito_rcm it was able to get my serial, I just don't understand why it just won't appear « not blanked » when exosphere is disabled
I might be wrong but I feel like it does have to do with atmosphere, somewhere.

Last edited by LightBeam,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
well I guess the best option is for you to start over with your emunand then. Something seems very broken it
I fixed it and I hate myself now :rofl2:

I've felt like something must interfere so I cleaned again the whole atmosphere folder and looking for stuff that could run in other folders and in the root of my sdcard I've found an exosphere.ini. I don't know how it went there, probably one of those atmosphere updater thing, but I know I didn't.

Anyway, that's what was blanking it :wtf: My theory is that because I've found many homebrews that throw stuff onto the root of the sdcard for backup (idk why) it probably did that with a previous exosphere config file and somehow atmosphere was able to use a config file that was not in the config folder.

The game is still freezing (Alien Hominid Invasion at least), so I guess that wasn't even the issue, it's probably a different online check and has nothing to do with the prodinfo. But at least the mystery is solved

Thanks a lot for your help, it was fun to investigate tbh but it feels so bad to have the solution be that stupid, sorry :blush:

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to tell you to check that in my reply... but I saw that you stated that you had "disabled exosphere". So now I must ask... what exactly were you talking about when you said you disabled it? Since several versions now, exosphere.ini BELONGS in the root (when not simply using defaults)...

And... packs and AIO updaters are bad, mkay? For this reason.

Last edited by urherenow,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was going to tell you to check that in my reply... but I saw that you stated that you had "disabled exosphere". So now I must ask,,, what exactly were you talking about when you said you disabled it? Since several versions now, exosphere.ini BELONGS in the root (when not simply using defaults)...
No way :wacko:

I have my config files in atmosphere/config and I thought it was meant to be this way since there's exosphere.ini in config_templates and I always managed settings like that. I just tested and it doesn't even have any effect when it's in the config folder, that's even more silly :wtf:

Checked the atmosphere github and it changed in 0.12.0 (20 april 2020) so it's been a while but I think I was already using it at the time and never bothered with it since then. When I reinstall atmosphere I usually delete everything but the config and hosts folders.

Thanks for letting me know. I still don't know what put it there, probably a relic of Kosmos (glad I've stopped using these after it died :nayps3:)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by urherenow,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to run Alien Hominid HD and Alien Hominid Invasion, but both crash at certain points (HD after completing a level and Invasion right after pressing start) and I've found that it worked in airplane mode
You can try using SaltyNX with the patch linked here and maybe some of the others later in the same thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-f...-connection-module.609819/page-2#post-9792052

This was a combined effort to fix games that crash with DNS blocking etc but work with airplane mode on.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can try using SaltyNX with the patch linked here and maybe some of the others later in the same thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-f...-connection-module.609819/page-2#post-9792052

This was a combined effort to fix games that crash with DNS blocking etc but work with airplane mode on.
Thanks a lot !! That worked that's actually nuts !!!

So glad all that is fixed now, thanks a bunch everyone, like I would say in France « vous êtes des cracks » :yayswitch::D

(crack can be translated to « whizz kid » or if you know the term it's basically a synonym of GOAT, nothing to do with you know what :ninja:)

SorataVP69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have this problem when trying to enter the newly created emunand. already try the following:

1-do the emunand in sdfile
2.- do the emunand in partition file
3.- update the chip firmware
the sysnand enters correctly, I am on OFW 17.0.1 using atmosphere 1.6.2 files with hekate 1.0.7 with picofly
pls helpme

Attachments

• 422851870_437640158596632_7430304622458710821_n.jpg
    422851870_437640158596632_7430304622458710821_n.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 16

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SorataVP69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the...