Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunands r overestimated, the main point for having Atmosphere are custom parrot themes in the Switch.

what most people want now is being able to download patches and dlc from the eshop.

many people believe emunand will allow this but we don't know if emunand can bypass the efuses/version check right now so yea, people are asking for the wrong things and overestimating emunands.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what most people want now is being able to download patches and dlc from the eshop.

many people believe emunand will allow this but we don't know if emunand can bypass the efuses/version check right now so yea, people are asking for the wrong things and overestimating emunands.
Neither EmuNAND or SysNAND can bypass those, that's the job of a CFW. One point for EmuNAND is so we can play games legitimately online while playing backups and using hacks offline in SysNAND in order to remain ban-free

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

:wacko:

EMUNAND is to bypass the efuses/version check. One of the purpose of it. Developers have been working hard to preserve the exploit that can lead to coldboot in launch version, by working on EMUNAND.

Last edited by tivu100,

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
:wacko:

EMUNAND is to bypass the efuses/version check. One of the purpose of it. Developers have been working hard to preserve the exploit that can lead to coldboot in launch version, by working on EMUNAND.

Ehm... what?

The bypassing of the fuse-check is actually performed by the alternate bootloader (aka Fusée).

Doesn't matter what gets loaded afterwards (sysNand, emuNand, or even linux)

Last edited by MHDestination,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehm... what?

The bypassing of the fuse-check is actually performed by the alternate bootloader (aka Fusée).

Doesn't matter what gets loaded afterwards (sysNand, emuNand, or even linux)
Perhaps try to read again and what the poster I quoted said.

I meant just like you put it: developers worked hard to get Fusee to bypass efuse checking to preserve lower firmware version. After preserving lower firmware, EMUNAND is the next step for the old firmware version can catch up with new thing in the mainstream.

What the other poster said basically is developers are blindly developing EMUNAND to complete state without knowing whether it can bypass efuse check !!!

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: Draxzelex

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

No need to read again.
You wrote:
EMUNAND is to bypass the efuses/version check.

I just said that it's not the emuNAND but the (custom-)bootloader that bypasses fuse-checks.

Tell me, what's wrong with that?

Last edited by MHDestination,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I meant just like you put it: developers worked hard to get Fusee to bypass efuse checking to preserve lower firmware version. After preserving lower firmware, EMUNAND is the next step for the old firmware version can catch up with new thing in the mainstream.

What the other poster said basically is developers are blindly developing EMUNAND to complete state without knowing whether it can bypass efuse check !!!
I get what you're saying. The reason some users may prefer EmuNAND is because it preserves SysNAND's firmware. If we update SysNAND, then we have to worry about fuses and the like. I think you're wording is throwing off MHDestination.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to read again.
You wrote:

I just said that it's not the emuNAND but the bootloader that bypasses fuse-checks.

Tell me, what's wrong with that?
I get what you're saying. The reason some users may prefer EmuNAND is because it preserves SysNAND's firmware. If we update SysNAND, then we have to worry about fuses and the like. I think you're wording is throwing off MHDestination.
I was not trying to be technically specific on it (the poster I quoted make a general point too) as it's common sense that when you develop EMUNAND, you should have the ground work for patches for it to work already. Not blindly developing (even possible?) something so later to try to find ways to plug it in.

My apology for being so general in that post and gave off wrong idea.

Last edited by tivu100,

MatMaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got no reason to back-pedal! Just strikes me as rather pedantic to be honest.

Not really bothered ;)

It's OK. That was an easy way for you to get out of it, and I understand. It's very clear because my initial reply to you was nice and not attacking you in any way, and then you suddenly become defensive. Like I said, I don't want to start anything, I was just trying to help because I thought you thought "SD" stood for "SanDisk", which is not correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My asshole feels like a Wendy's frosty machine