Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

dgr1592

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Obvious troll is obvious. The discord is on fire. Hold on to your pants. It's coming.

Meh, I have the SX OS, the only thing I need is that the emulators work on it.

And its not trolling, is just my opinion with a failed attempt at a joke.

Reactions: Erol

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
j7dzc2.jpg

f2wqh.jpg

I'm not sure it gets slower everyday?

Slower now because less work to do hopefully

RySe96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is hands down the most toxic community I have ever been a part of. We can't go more than a few pages without some bullshit. I wish there was someplace to get news and homebrew release info. Guess I'll just have to follow SciresM on twitter. Seriously though guys, get it together

awesomedeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is hands down the most toxic community I have ever been a part of. We can't go more than a few pages without some bullshit. I wish there was someplace to get news and homebrew release info. Guess I'll just have to follow SciresM on twitter. Seriously though guys, get it together

This must be the only hacking community you are part of. GBAtemp is by far amongst the friendliest and best run communities on the net dealing with hacking and piracy.

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This must be the only hacking community you are part of. GBAtemp is by far amongst the friendliest and best run communities on the net dealing with hacking and piracy.
No he's right. This place can be pretty horrible and ungrateful a lot of the time. A lot of the senior members like to shame a lot too.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I speak from the outside obviously, and its only my opinion.

I dont doubt that they're still working on it, and I have nothin more than respect from the scene (and I whish one day I could do the half of things they can), but the last days the only thread is SX OS this, SX OS that.
Sure, you have a point. The scene was impacted by SX OS and it seems people have diverted some of their attention to stop a company selling their illegal warez as "licenses".

At the same time, most of the easy stuff for Atmosphere has been done. The time in between commits is bound to increase. Either way, remember that some members of the "scene" are against piracy. Surely they would also be against a company profiting from piracy. At the end of the day, it's a question of morals. Remember, Atmosphere won't load backups the same way that the SX OS does. The current RomFS replacement being used for piracy is an unintended side effect.

Last edited by OrGoN3,
Reactions: dgr1592
D

Deleted User

Nah. I've seen more toxic. Check out League of Legends, or the Warcraft community.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Meh, I have the SX OS, the only thing I need is that the emulators work on it.

And its not trolling, is just my opinion with a failed attempt at a joke.
tbf I thought it was a good joke ;) and on the plus side Saudi looked really good passing the ball on the half way line, even in the 93rd minute they were passing that ball around mid-pitch like pros :rofl:

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sure, you have a point. The scene was impacted by SX OS and it seems people have diverted some of their attention to stop a company selling their illegal warez as "licenses".
I don't know all countries laws but in some it's perfectly legal as long as you don't ship patented work, for example copying Nintendo FW and removing security is illegal, putting a chunk of code into memory to remove those is legal

[QUOTE="OrGoN3, post: 8074686, member: 76577"
At the same time, most of the easy stuff for Atmosphere has been done. The time in between commits is bound to increase. Either way, remember that some members of the "scene" are against piracy. Surely they would also be against a company profiting from piracy. At the end of the day, it's a question of morals. Remember, Atmosphere won't load backups the same way that the SX OS does. The current RomFS replacement being used for piracy is an unintended side effect.[/QUOTE]

The main issue here I guess for piracy (cheating is even worse) is that developers might be afraid of selling their games on Nintendo because of piracy risk,
But weirdly this "fear" does exist only with gaming consoles, for example no one on iOS will say "Hey wait we can install any application on an iPhone by signing it with our own keys, it's too risky" (same for PC, Android etc),
More and more games will have online features therefore we can check the licensing and some games can only work online,
Because online services are now well protected I guess that fear tend to vanish because the majority of players use their stuff like it was intended and never try to crack it, so if those legits gamers who are paying for a game and a service are well protected against online cheat bull shit the Switch will remain a good choice for players and developers because still safer than PC, Android, iOS and onlines services are handled by NIntendo,

And we can even dev on the go, have you ever seen a Xbox developer in a train ?!
I do think that Nintendo Switch will remain a great platform for players and developers even tho it was cracked

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a developer myself though with different technology, that makes sense. Debugging is almost always slower to commit than developing because instead of writing new logic, you have to scour your old logic and think about it in new ways, then run 5x or more tests than you might have done in development just to figure out the cause. Then you have to fix it, and unless the bug is simple (and in a new firmware I doubt it's ever simple) that could involve trying and testing multiple solutions and/or combinations of solutions. And unlike development where you're constantly hitting milestones you want to commit to avoid redoing later, debugging rarely ever commits until it's confidently fixed.

Meditate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a new member I don't think I can post links, I'll PM you it though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I couldn't find the PM option. Just google "Reswitched Discord" and that should get you there.

Reactions: tito83

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Such a mess to see how hard the team works for FREE and how unappreciative and impatient many around the net are towards them. If you're watching, ReSwitched, there are many of us that DO appreciate you, your valuable free time you spend doing this for the gamers, and your talents!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly find this very sad. Any sane human being who is familiar with Scires and understands the process of developing something knows that progress for this is made in multiple ways. He's only doing this in his spare time and is being nice enough to share with the rest of the community. If you're being impatient about Atmosphere's release, then you should take responsibility and start contributing to the open-source repo to speed up the process. It really is too bad he doesn't accept donations, though. Maybe he'll appreciate a nice cookie or two for his hard work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...