Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone will steal that code and release something of their own and SciresM will be pissed off. That's what's going to happen.

"Oh no, somebody might steal my open source, GPL code"

I am completely unconcerned, haha.

https://nintendosoup.com/switch-piracy-os-developer-under-fire-for-stealing-open-source-code/

Are they or are they not making money off your time and effort? You still stand by "completely unconcerned"? Amuse us with an answer. I honestly don't care much but I wonder if you'll reply. I just want free games, I don't really give a shit about anything. Maybe you don't give a shit either?

Hah, nevermind https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1014304127516471296

Last edited by isoboy,
Reactions: dgr1592

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Debugging takes a lot longer than writing a working build be thankful he's not releasing a half baked project then using the user base as lab rats to then fix stuff as people's consoles start crashing and bricking all over the place like in other scenes I've seen

Reactions: tiliarou

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
At this point in time Scires is damned either way.

He can continue working on Atmosphere and listen to the trolls whine that it isn't release yet and that SX can do this and that, or he can shut up shop and not bother releasing it and listen to all the trolls who "knew he would never release his cfw"

That's the problem with this community. There are people on here working for free in their spare time to provide us with tools and software to make our gaming experience better who are constantly derided for not having something ready when the entitled demand it.

Good devs get turned off from helping the community due to the crappy toxic scene surrounding the platform. It happens with EVERY console and it's pretty boring to be honest. I login every day to see what is new and each day the same stupid questions are asked or the same shitty comments are posted flaming devs or ridiculing them.

Why can't we just wait to see what happens. Scires is posting commits to the GitHub, updating in reswitched Discord and people still claim he has nothing. Those who complain about getting banned from the Discord clearly can't follow the rules or have done something to piss off the mods. I have been a member for 2 weeks now, kept quiet and just used it to follow along the progress. As an end user I have nothing useful to contribute so I keep my mouth shut. That's because I have some common sense though and knowhow to behave in this sort of community.

Rant over again for now

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this point in time Scires is damned either way.

He can continue working on Atmosphere and listen to the trolls whine that it isn't release yet and that SX can do this and that, or he can shut up shop and not bother releasing it and listen to all the trolls who "knew he would never release his cfw"

That's the problem with this community. There are people on here working for free in their spare time to provide us with tools and software to make our gaming experience better who are constantly derided for not having something ready when the entitled demand it.

Good devs get turned off from helping the community due to the crappy toxic scene surrounding the platform. It happens with EVERY console and it's pretty boring to be honest. I login every day to see what is new and each day the same stupid questions are asked or the same shitty comments are posted flaming devs or ridiculing them.

Why can't we just wait to see what happens. Scires is posting commits to the GitHub, updating in reswitched Discord and people still claim he has nothing. Those who complain about getting banned from the Discord clearly can't follow the rules or have done something to piss off the mods. I have been a member for 2 weeks now, kept quiet and just used it to follow along the progress. As an end user I have nothing useful to contribute so I keep my mouth shut. That's because I have some common sense though and knowhow to behave in this sort of community.

Rant over again for now
Not sure what set that off. Hope you feel better.

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
All the time I get notifications about replies and I hope maybe some progress or any news have surfaced, but no, its some impatient kid, someone who didnt even bother reading the thread or the worst of all: Some guy complaining about "this community" and how much everyone is ruining it (except for him) and how much he hates it in here

Last edited by TAUSENN,

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't we close this topic and just follow progress on github ?
A significant percentage of messages in this thread are actually a debate on entitlement and useless speculation, not really on topic anymore...

if it bothers you that much then unsub from the thread (I have). I just come back every so often to see the unread posts. Git hub has no comments, and rightly so because unlike this place a github repo isnt a discussion board.

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why don't we close this topic and just follow progress on github ?
A significant percentage of messages in this thread are actually a debate on entitlement and useless speculation, not really on topic anymore...
Careful, you should ask Lembi first, he knows how to behave because he, unlike us, has common sense you see.

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Careful, you should ask Lembi first, he knows how to behave because he, unlike us, has common sense you see.

Edgy O.o

My point was people are posting in here whining that something isn't ready yet instead of waiting patiently for something that they are getting for free. I don't understand why it is so difficult for people to wait.

That is where common sense comes in and if you can't understand that, then that is your issue.

zwq939681378

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
In the era of PSP, there is a person like SciresM in a community named A9VG. He also have an amazing project like Atomsphere, but when he had prepared everything and was ready to releases it, there are just people's blame, vituperation and misunderstanding, just because it took some extra time. Finally he didn't release his project and disappeared from the internet, but his result was stolen by other people. I don't want to see the same thing to happen again, why some people can't be patient?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the era of PSP, there is a person like SciresM in a community named A9VG. He also have an amazing project like Atomsphere, but when he had prepared everything and was ready to releases it, there are just people's blame, vituperation and misunderstanding, just because it took some extra time. Finally he didn't release his project and disappeared from the internet, but his result was stolen by other people. I don't want to see the same thing to happen again, why some people can't be patient?
vituperation - man that is a quality word and sounds good when you say it. I like things like that.

0x64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously, what are people smoking? If you don't want your free code to be used by others for profit, don't opensource it. Honestly this idea of announcing a cfw before development even begin and then put it on github with slow progress is stupid(if you care about other's using your code). What's the point of open sourcing it? Honestly 99.9% of the commits are made by those few people they might as well make a private repo or better yet, don't announce it before close to release. Then you can really focus on working on it with no drama.

Reactions: dgr1592

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, what are people smoking? If you don't want your free code to be used by others for profit, don't opensource it. Honestly this idea of announcing a cfw before development even begin and then put it on github with slow progress is stupid(if you care about other's using your code). What's the point of open sourcing it? Honestly 99.9% of the commits are made by those few people they might as well make a private repo or better yet, don't announce it before close to release. Then you can really focus on working on it with no drama.
The whole point of opensource development is to get others to contribute to the project. Your dramatic post is ironic.

volkanceren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone I am new around here and feels good to be here. ‍
May I ask your opinions about one thing that I can't decide by myself?
I have fw 3.0.1 running switch and I have ordered SX Pro which would arrive next week. The thing that I can't decide is should I update my switch to the latest fw since SX Pro doesn't require any specific firmware? Or keep it at low for atmosphere even though I have SX Pro? By any chance atmosphere will be superior to SX Pro?
Thanks

Last edited by volkanceren,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone I am new around here and feels good to be here. ‍
May I ask your opinions about one thing that I can't decide by myself?
I have fw 3.0.1 running switch and I have ordered SX Pro which would arrive next week. The thing that I can't decide is should I update my switch to the latest fw since SX Pro doesn't require any specific firmware? Or keep it at low for atmosphere even though I have SX Pro? By any chance atmosphere will be superior to SX Pro?
Thanks
it's a hard decision no one can make for you. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong